300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
    I would love to get in with CBP but I do not want to move to work a border port of entry. I want to work an airport or boat port in a major city. The border ports are the only openings they have for this position now maybe this will change?
    Next opening won't be until later in the year. It may have airport or seaport locations

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
      Next opening won't be until later in the year. It may have airport or seaport locations
      Yea you would think. I don't know. Should I apply now or wait it out? I don't know but I know I am not going to be happy in nogales God Bless the ones that do it.

Comment

• I got that email too despite having already reapplied to 15-2. They probably haven't finished transferring my stuff over to the new application yet. I don't think it means anything other than them trying to nail down locations for the people still waiting in line. The email says they still don't have opening there. I reapplied knowing east texas was a long shot at this point.

Originally posted by Abner Rios View Post
        14-1 appl Geo East Texas here... I just received this email by cbp hiring...
        At the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), we continually strive to improve efficiencies in the hiring of new applicants. Today we are contacting you because you have a current application with us for an entry level Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO) position, and we want to let you know of an important improvement we are making.

Our research indicates that by offering applicants a firm duty station earlier in the pre-employment process that, you the applicant, will be more satisfied with the pre-employment process, and you will be more successful in your transition to the CBPO position.

As you are aware, the CBPO announcement that you applied for and were tentatively selected was based on a geographic region concept. You selected the Texas East region for consideration, understanding that the final duty location would be offered after you successfully complete all of the pre-employment requirements.

You have completed all of the pre-employment processes and your file remains in Training and Scheduling; however, we currently do not have any vacant positions available in your region. Once a funded vacancy is available, you will be contacted by the Minneapolis Hiring Center with a final offer to schedule your entry on duty in the above duty location.

We are contacting you to let you know that once a funded vacant position is available, you will be assigned a duty location of:
        Houston International Airport... Finally some good news since being referred to scheduling unit in December of 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Geo: Reapplied to El Paso under 15-2
        Tested: 6/2/2014
        NOR: 7/14/14 (98)
        Tentative Select: 8/2/14
        Medical: 8/26/14 green check 12/9/14
        PFT1: 9/3/14 green check 9/11/14
        VBT & SI: 9/24/14 green check 9/30/14
        Polygraph: 12/9/14 passed, waiting on QC
        Sit down with BI: 01/2015
        Background finished: 02/2015
        Background Cleared: CASS Referred for scheduling 3/5/2015
        Drug Test: Scheduled for 3/5/2015
        Provisional Clearance: 8/7/2015
        The Call:
        EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
          I would love to get in with CBP but I do not want to move to work a border port of entry. I want to work an airport or boat port in a major city. The border ports are the only openings they have for this position now maybe this will change?
          It sure is the only openings right now. I was only offered 9 different border ports of entry in the southwest.

Next announcement is in early December of 2015 but I would just apply to the current announcement so you can get a head start with the application process. You can reapply in December to change your port and by then you should be done with most of the process. I would assume more desirable air and boat ports will have openings by then.
          Last edited by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis; 07-03-2015, 02:39 AM.

Comment

• I received an email today asking if I would like to elect to EOD with a provisional clearance while still in the pre-employment process. I still have the polygraph scheduled in two weeks and I haven't even begun the BI just yet. Has anyone else also received this email? That would be insane if I could EOD just 4 months after applying.
            Last edited by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis; 07-03-2015, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis View Post
              It sure is the only openings right now. I was only offered 9 different border ports of entry in the southwest.

Next announcement is in early December of 2016 but I would just apply to the current announcement so you can get a head start with the application process. You can reapply in December to change your port and by then you should be done with most of the process. I would assume more desirable air and boat ports will have openings by then.

I'm betting that's a misprint and the actual announcement for 16-1 opens December of 2015.

Otherwise, it should be 17-?, since December 0f 2016 is actually in the Fiscal Year 2017.

Comment

Next announcement is in early December of 2015 but I would just apply to the current announcement so you can get a head start with the application process. You can reapply in December to change your port and by then you should be done with most of the process. I would assume more desirable air and boat ports will have openings by then.
                I know the medical physical and vbt are good for couple of years but do they redo the whole BI and poly if you reapply ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashan646 View Post
                  I know the medical physical and vbt are good for couple of years but do they redo the whole BI and poly if you reapply ?
                  I had no idea about this. I thought reapplying meant starting over at the entrance exam. Good news for me since I made it to the BI from the 14-2 announcement. Just reapplied now but I'm hoping I'll be able to change my location preference once the December announcement comes around.

Comment

I received an email today asking if I would like to elect to EOD with a provisional clearance while still in the pre-employment process. I still have the polygraph scheduled in two weeks and I haven't even begun the BI just yet. Has anyone else also received this email? That would be insane if I could EOD just 4 months after applying.
                    I wish I got that email...
                    CBPO 14-3 Central East Coast Region

Applied 10/3/14
                    Exam 12/6/14
                    NOR 1/12/15 (Passed, 90)
                    TS 1/23/15
                    Medical/PFT1 3/12/15 (Passed PFT)
                    TSL Packet Received 3/20/15 Submitted 3/25/15
                    VBT/SI 4/6/15 (Passed)
                    TSL "In security office" 4/8/15
                    Polygraph Inconclusive 4/27/15
                    Second Polygraph awaiting the wrath (or mercy!) of QC 5/27/15
                    Removed from consideration due to "unfavorable polygraph" 7/9/15

Comment

• This is kinda off topic but just wanted to shoot it out there... Does anyone know how the overtime is at the SFO port? I'm gonna be relying on OT the first few years being a Gs7 and 9.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiernyc View Post
                        I wish you guys did too! I'm not sure if I will accept the provisional clear though because I wasn't expecting to be at this step so soon.

It makes more sense to have people hired this way since the BI can take a long time and for the most part people don't DQ on this step especially if they were able to make it that far in the hiring process.

I know the United States Postal Inspection Service has just started doing something similar, they start the BI only after giving applicants a duty location and academy date.

They must really need to hire more officers at San Ysidro, CA and/or they must know that I'm super perfect!

For those that are curious, this is the document I was told to fill out: http://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fil...al%20Clear.pdf

Comment

Can you tell me your region? They might need people quickly.

Comment

• I am Central East Coast. I assume you're right and they do this in areas where people are desperately needed.
                            CBPO 14-3 Central East Coast Region

Applied 10/3/14
                            Exam 12/6/14
                            NOR 1/12/15 (Passed, 90)
                            TS 1/23/15
                            Medical/PFT1 3/12/15 (Passed PFT)
                            TSL Packet Received 3/20/15 Submitted 3/25/15
                            VBT/SI 4/6/15 (Passed)
                            TSL "In security office" 4/8/15
                            Polygraph Inconclusive 4/27/15
                            Second Polygraph awaiting the wrath (or mercy!) of QC 5/27/15
                            Removed from consideration due to "unfavorable polygraph" 7/9/15

Comment

I am Central East Coast. I assume you're right and they do this in areas where people are desperately needed.
                              When can I apply for central east coast? Hopefully next announcement I am not applying to this one because I do not want the areas available.

Comment

• Happy 4th of July everyone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8664 users online. 381 members and 8283 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X