• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RecentGradNYC View Post
    Seriously they stop you at 17 push-ups?
    Yes

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt_Falco View Post
      Just a quick update on me for any one else part of the 15-1 application group to central east. I took my VBT and structured interview this morning. I'm guessing it went well since they did my fingerprints and gave me a letter with information about the 2nd physical test. Last week, in an email, I was also given two areas to choose from as my duty location, Newark Nj or JFK NY. This process has felt extremely fast compared to what I was expecting as I applied in late February and my hopes are high even though that polygraph is lurking around the corner. It is strange that they gave me a location option and p2 information so soon when i have not even been scheduled for a polygraph, has there been any case where a polygraph was not given? Though I do see that several others have been given duty locations, so maybe our groups are going through the hiring process differently. Any questions about the VBT that I can answer without breaking the confidentiality agreement I will be happy to do so!
      I am also a 15-1 applicant and my process has been similar to yours. I've asked myself the same questions over and over but as you said the hiring process may be a little different, different strategy (I am glad) due to mass hiring. Like you, I took my entrance exam back in april and in just 2, 3 months I've completed VBT/SI, FINGERPRINTS, FITNESS/MEDICAL, e-QIP, got my LOCATION too. Couldn't be better.....NO COMPLAINTS [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Originally posted by Capt_Falco View Post
      Just a quick update on me for any one else part of the 15-1 application group to central east. I took my VBT and structured interview this morning. I'm guessing it went well since they did my fingerprints and gave me a letter with information about the 2nd physical test. Last week, in an email, I was also given two areas to choose from as my duty location, Newark Nj or JFK NY. This process has felt extremely fast compared to what I was expecting as I applied in late February and my hopes are high even though that polygraph is lurking around the corner. It is strange that they gave me a location option and p2 information so soon when i have not even been scheduled for a polygraph, has there been any case where a polygraph was not given? Though I do see that several others have been given duty locations, so maybe our groups are going through the hiring process differently. Any questions about the VBT that I can answer without breaking the confidentiality agreement I will be happy to do so!
      Originally posted by Capt_Falco View Post

Comment

• Mile run today after my workout. 4:59.1

So ready for this pft2

Everyone, keep up the hard work! It will all payoff soon!

Comment

• Thank you, that's also good information to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConanPhipsi176 View Post
            Mile run today after my workout. 4:59.1

So ready for this pft2

Everyone, keep up the hard work! It will all payoff soon!
            That's a ridiculously fast mile

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
              That's a ridiculously fast mile
              Haha, thank you. Thats the fastest Ive ever ran a mile. Monday, I ran it in 5:03.x
              Told my gym buddies I would beat it, so I did, haha. Hopefully, MHC calls me soon!

Comment

Haha, thank you. Thats the fastest Ive ever ran a mile. Monday, I ran it in 5:03.x
                Told my gym buddies I would beat it, so I did, haha. Hopefully, MHC calls me soon!
                I heard someone say the fletc record for 1.5 miles is either high 6 min. or low 7 min.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                  I heard someone say the fletc record for 1.5 miles is either high 6 min. or low 7 min.

Whoa! Thats movingg! Hahahaha. Thanks for the information. Now I have a goal!

Comment

Whoa! Thats movingg! Hahahaha. Thanks for the information. Now I have a goal!
                    When is the next annoucment? Or better question for what areas?

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
                      When is the next annoucment? Or better question for what areas?
                      Sorry, but what is it that you are referring to? CBPO Employment Announcement?

Comment

Sorry, but what is it that you are referring to? CBPO Employment Announcement?
                        I know it says end of June I am just curious what areas they will have open. Maybe some ports in the south?? Seems they are trying to fill the border.

Comment

I know it says end of June I am just curious what areas they will have open. Maybe some ports in the south?? Seems they are trying to fill the border.
                          Im not entirely sure at all. I haven't checked up on Announcements in a while (two years), since I started successfully progressing in the hiring process for CBP. However, just guessing...I can imagine much help is needed in the south, around the border area. Last time I heard anything from "the inside", there is a demand for officers at the south border.

Comment

Im not entirely sure at all. I haven't checked up on Announcements in a while (two years), since I started successfully progressing in the hiring process for CBP. However, just guessing...I can imagine much help is needed in the south, around the border area. Last time I heard anything from "the inside", there is a demand for officers at the south border.
                            2 years! THat is a long wait.

Comment

2 years! THat is a long wait.
                              Haha, well I've been in graduate school meanwhile, plus all great things come to those who wait. Oct 30, 2015 will be two years since I applied. I didnt actually start the hiring process till April 17th, 2014. With that said, the wait was well worth it; so many great things have happened in my life during that wait and I scored a great sector location, so can't complain at all. Many people would do anything to get stationed at Dulles, haha.

Comment

Haha, well I've been in graduate school meanwhile, plus all great things come to those who wait. Oct 30, 2015 will be two years since I applied. I didnt actually start the hiring process till April 17th, 2014. With that said, the wait was well worth it; so many great things have happened in my life during that wait and I scored a great sector location, so can't complain at all. Many people would do anything to get stationed at Dulles, haha.
                                Yea how can I get dulles?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8723 users online. 447 members and 8276 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X