• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by borrada View Post
    Quick update:

Received an email from OPM regarding available locations today:

Location RANK
    Option 1 Presidio, TX My Ranking: #_____
    Option 2 Lukeville, AZ My Ranking: #_____
    Options 1 & 2 may be eligible for monetary incentives for new employees please see below1
    Option 3 Douglas, AZ My Ranking: #_____
    Option 4 Nogales, AZ My Ranking: #_____
    Option 5 San Luis, AZ My Ranking: #_____
    Option 6 Eagle Pass, TX My Ranking: #_____
    Option 7 Laredo, TX My Ranking: #_____
    Option 8 Calexico, CA My Ranking: #_____
    Option 9 San Ysidro/Otay Mesa, CA My Ranking: #_____

I replied with my prefered locations and about 30 mins later I recieved confirmation with the following reply:

Greetings,

Your geographic location has been changed to Eagle Pass, TX. Once you have completed all the pre-employment processes, have been referred to training and scheduling, we reach your name, have a funded vacancy for Eagle Pass, TX and an academy class to assign you to we will make you your final job offer.

As a reminder, if at any time you are no longer interested in Eagle Pass, TX we will not be able to make you a different final offer based on this application, and you will need to reapply to a future announcement on www.USAJobs.gov.

Thanks!

I still have pending BI, Qualifications, and Drug Screening... Good luck everyone in the process!!
    I received the same choices. I picked Presidio which is closest to me, and got a confirmation email today that Presidio is now locked in as my duty location.

Just a question for anyone who knows...how much is the rent for the government housing in Presidio?

Application- 2/19/2015
    Written exam (Passed) - 4/8/2015
    TSL - 4/30/2015
    SF86/eQip - 5/26/2015
    VBT/SI (Passed) - 5/29/2015
    Medical Exam/PFT1 (Passed) - 6/2/2015
    "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
      I received the same choices. I picked Presidio which is closest to me, and got a confirmation email today that Presidio is now locked in as my duty location.

Just a question for anyone who knows...how much is the rent for the government housing in Presidio?

Application- 2/19/2015
      Written exam (Passed) - 4/8/2015
      TSL - 4/30/2015
      SF86/eQip - 5/26/2015
      VBT/SI (Passed) - 5/29/2015
      Medical Exam/PFT1 (Passed) - 6/2/2015
      That's awesome!!! Glad you got a location close to you. I also live in the area I chose. Kinda' lucky I will not have to relocate

I did some research for Presidio and cost of living isn't bad at all being a small town... Not sure about Gov't housing though.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShangDoh View Post
        Ok that's it. While I sit here waiting for my polygraph results, I apparently need another physical...I've already done two of them (including one I paid for completely out of pocket). I'm withdrawing my name from the hat, I am not paying for another one especially as there's a very high chance that I'm going to have to take another polygraph (more travel expenses yay!). The process is just not worth it for me anymore, good luck to everyone still in I'm officially out of the game.
        Sorry to hear that...I understand how you feel. After my first polygraph I almost quit, in fact I felt so awful that I almost quit half-way through it. But I persevered and remembered a post I read here on the forums: I would rather fail than be a quitter. Still, I agree parts of the process can be a little ridiculous and in the end it all comes down to how much you want the job. Good luck to you!
        CBPO 14-3 Central East Coast Region

Applied 10/3/14
        Exam 12/6/14
        NOR 1/12/15 (Passed, 90)
        TS 1/23/15
        Medical/PFT1 3/12/15 (Passed PFT)
        TSL Packet Received 3/20/15 Submitted 3/25/15
        VBT/SI 4/6/15 (Passed)
        TSL "In security office" 4/8/15
        Polygraph Inconclusive 4/27/15
        Second Polygraph awaiting the wrath (or mercy!) of QC 5/27/15
        Removed from consideration due to "unfavorable polygraph" 7/9/15

Comment

• Question Answered
          Last edited by Spudcommando; 05-14-2016, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• I am a 13-1 applicant!! talk about waiting??? I scored a 98 plus the 10 point Vet, and after two Polys, contact by 3 BG investigators, adjudications and 4 times sending Medical docs to cover VA rating and PTSD I'm still in limbo... Concern as to whether I'm a risk w/ a gun or will get injured during "physical requirements" of the job I'm currently a Federal Officer and Firearms instructor and our quarterly PT requirements far exceed the BPA! Hang in there and be patient

Comment

• Originally posted by ShangDoh View Post
              Ok that's it. While I sit here waiting for my polygraph results, I apparently need another physical...I've already done two of them (including one I paid for completely out of pocket). I'm withdrawing my name from the hat, I am not paying for another one especially as there's a very high chance that I'm going to have to take another polygraph (more travel expenses yay!). The process is just not worth it for me anymore, good luck to everyone still in I'm officially out of the game.
              Why would you do so many physicals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• For those that are currently in the Academy, is it true you are tested and have to be under 15min for the 1.5 mile run in the first week??

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbudhu1 View Post
                  For those that are currently in the Academy, is it true you are tested and have to be under 15min for the 1.5 mile run in the first week??

Yes, but the final test is the one that counts.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post

Interesting!! What about the 220 yard run, pushups, sit ups etc? I am worried about my pushups [emoji15] I am working on increasing my number of pushups. I read we will have to complete 4 sets of 25=200 pushups.
                    Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by sory_ann View Post
                      Interesting!! What about the 220 yard run, pushups, sit ups etc? I am worried about my pushups [emoji15] I am working on increasing my number of pushups. I read we will have to complete 4 sets of 25=200 pushups.
                      No sit ups. They are replaced by a sit and reach-12.5 inch to pass. 220 yd is 45 seconds. Push-ups are 24 I believe

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                        No sit ups. They are replaced by a sit and reach-12.5 inch to pass. 220 yd is 45 seconds. Push-ups are 24 I believe
                        Thanks dkman [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                          Just passed pft2 yesterday any advise to help prep myself for the academy?

Comment

• After the academy, is there an average timeframe as to when you're supposed to report to your duty location? Or would it vary between the individual and the location?

Comment

• hey

where did you take your pft 2?? and whats the process of it? like what do they make you do first and like how many minutes of rest in between each thing? thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by kcfl View Post
                                After the academy, is there an average timeframe as to when you're supposed to report to your duty location? Or would it vary between the individual and the location?
                                Your official travel day is the day after graduation. For us we have to be at work the next day. So 2 days. I'm sure it may vary by port.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8067 users online. 428 members and 7639 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X