Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anillo631 View Post
    Any input on why Nogales?
    I personally would do San Ysidro. It's busy so more action and experience. It's also not too far from San Diego which is a great city and similar to southeast.

Comment

• Quick update:

Received an email from OPM regarding available locations today:

Location RANK
      Option 1 Presidio, TX My Ranking: #_____
      Option 2 Lukeville, AZ My Ranking: #_____
      Options 1 & 2 may be eligible for monetary incentives for new employees please see below1
      Option 3 Douglas, AZ My Ranking: #_____
      Option 4 Nogales, AZ My Ranking: #_____
      Option 5 San Luis, AZ My Ranking: #_____
      Option 6 Eagle Pass, TX My Ranking: #_____
      Option 7 Laredo, TX My Ranking: #_____
      Option 8 Calexico, CA My Ranking: #_____
      Option 9 San Ysidro/Otay Mesa, CA My Ranking: #_____

I replied with my prefered locations and about 30 mins later I recieved confirmation with the following reply:

Greetings,

Your geographic location has been changed to Eagle Pass, TX. Once you have completed all the pre-employment processes, have been referred to training and scheduling, we reach your name, have a funded vacancy for Eagle Pass, TX and an academy class to assign you to we will make you your final job offer.

As a reminder, if at any time you are no longer interested in Eagle Pass, TX we will not be able to make you a different final offer based on this application, and you will need to reapply to a future announcement on www.USAJobs.gov.

Thanks!

I still have pending BI, Qualifications, and Drug Screening... Good luck everyone in the process!!

Comment

• Well I got the same email and haven't replied yet. I guess My reply really won't matter.

Comment

Well I got the same email and haven't replied yet. I guess My reply really won't matter.
          Did they give you a deadline to reply? My deadline to reply was until June 25..

Comment

• Yes, June 25.

Comment

• Your reply matters, as long as you get it in by the deadline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr._A. View Post
                Your reply matters, as long as you get it in by the deadline.

For sure!!!

Comment

• Is there any sites that give good port info and cost of living. I will be going in at a GS-7 but will be taking a slight pay cut at initially. Also, thanks for all the input.

Comment

• Received an email stating that my HR Professional that will work on my background investigation has changed.

Comment

Any input on why Nogales?
                      Not crazy busy but still good work in Nogales. Tucson and areas around are pretty cheap to live and pretty good family life. Good schools and hospitals. If you are single and don't care about burning through your pay check, San Diego sounds great to me too.

Comment

• I like San Diego...unfortunately, Californistan is too unfriendly towards just about anything...like law enforcement, guns, etc.

Arizona, on the other hand, is much more centrist in just about all it's dealings.

Given the option, I'd go with Nogales over San Yisidro as well.

Comment

• Hi guys! I hope everyone is great.
                          this is the first time I've felt so impatient with this process lol... about two weeks ago, I was told that my Background is in the adjudication process. I checked my credit report today and found out a report was pulled on June 18th by CBP. They had pulled my credit for the first time in January. I was wondering if that is a sign that they're making their final decision?
                          I'm jobless and I can't wait anymore to start this exciting career. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by milperil View Post
                            Hi guys! I hope everyone is great.
                            this is the first time I've felt so impatient with this process lol... about two weeks ago, I was told that my Background is in the adjudication process. I checked my credit report today and found out a report was pulled on June 18th by CBP. They had pulled my credit for the first time in January. I was wondering if that is a sign that they're making their final decision?
                            I'm jobless and I can't wait anymore to start this exciting career. Lol
                            I hear you, I consider myself extremely patient but I am starting to get a little antsy...almost been a month since my second poly and I just want to know what they are going to do with me already.
                            CBPO 14-3 Central East Coast Region

Applied 10/3/14
                            Exam 12/6/14
                            NOR 1/12/15 (Passed, 90)
                            TS 1/23/15
                            Medical/PFT1 3/12/15 (Passed PFT)
                            TSL Packet Received 3/20/15 Submitted 3/25/15
                            VBT/SI 4/6/15 (Passed)
                            TSL "In security office" 4/8/15
                            Polygraph Inconclusive 4/27/15
                            Second Polygraph awaiting the wrath (or mercy!) of QC 5/27/15
                            Removed from consideration due to "unfavorable polygraph" 7/9/15

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiernyc View Post
                              I hear you, I consider myself extremely patient but I am starting to get a little antsy...almost been a month since my second poly and I just want to know what they are going to do with me already.
                              I know. I was told the longer you don't hear anything after a poly, the higher the chance that you've passed it. So keep the hope my friend.

Comment

• Question Answered
                                Last edited by Spudcommando; 05-14-2016, 03:03 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7151 users online. 305 members and 6846 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X