Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quick question for you CBP warriors:

    My buddy is applying to the announcement closing today and was wondering which location would probably be hiring the most and/or hardest to get applicants.

    Thanks gents.
    TDF

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
      Quick question for you CBP warriors:

      My buddy is applying to the announcement closing today and was wondering which location would probably be hiring the most and/or hardest to get applicants.

      Thanks gents.
      TDF
      Jfk is hiring the most. Hardest to get maybe Miami

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dkman View Post
        Jfk is hiring the most. Hardest to get maybe Miami
        A few more bodies I believe then hiring for JFK will stop.

        Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
          I think poly is only good for 1 year from when you took it
          nah poly for sure is good for 3 years it's part of your BI and there both good for 3 years.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sory_ann View Post
            I am half way through the process and let me tell you that I dont want any kind of trouble near me. This opportunity means a lot to me especially because I have zero military/law enforcement experience. I have a BA and a MS, thats about it. And thank you so much for taking the time to share all that great information with everyone here. Best of luck to you too [emoji6]
            Totally understand! You'll do just fine! Haha, similar situation, kinda. Have two undergrads and almost finished with my graduate. Very little LE experience. Plans to go reserves later. No problem at all! Best of luck to you all!

            Comment


            • Just wondering if "qualifications" is still pending for some of the individuals here or was a green check mark given fairly quickly? All but three things are still pending for me (drug screening, background investigation, and qualifications). I was wondering if that's normal for some of you. When I applied I had to select the combination of experience and education so I'm not sure if that's what the hold up is on having that check mark on the CASS website.

              Comment


              • How does one move up to the ranks as in CBP? Is there an exam or its based on competencies?
                NYPD COP Exam # 1313 List # 3xx
                APD-5: 08/12
                Medical: 04/13
                Psych: 06/13
                Oral Psych: 06/13
                BI: 08/13
                JST: 10/13 (3:13)
                Mini-Med: 10/13
                Got the call: 1/5/14 @ 18:28
                Academy: 01/08/2014
                Graduation: July 2014


                CBPO (Central East) 15-3
                Exam: 09/04/13
                NOR: 09/13/13 (90%)
                TSL: 05/01/15
                Medical & PFT1: 05/19/15
                VBT: 06/17/15

                Exams Taken: Port Authority Police, Suffolk Police (Score: 95%), Nassau Police (91.505%), NYS Trooper, NYC Sheriff, FDNY, NYS Court Officer & many more

                Comment


                • Originally posted by kcfl View Post
                  Just wondering if "qualifications" is still pending for some of the individuals here or was a green check mark given fairly quickly? All but three things are still pending for me (drug screening, background investigation, and qualifications). I was wondering if that's normal for some of you. When I applied I had to select the combination of experience and education so I'm not sure if that's what the hold up is on having that check mark on the CASS website.
                  Yes mine has qualifications, drug screen and BI pending for several weeks now...no worries about that you'll be fine.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by kimran611 View Post
                    How does one move up to the ranks as in CBP? Is there an exam or its based on competencies?
                    Automatic every 52 weeks after your entrance on duty


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • Guys, anybody knows how hard is to get into Boston Logan Airport? I haven't heard of anybody going there.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • Anyone been on deferment, I just came off deferment a few weeks ago, have yet to be called..if anyone has experience being off deferment, how long does it take to get called-- central east coast region, they said I've been referred to scheduling and hiring. Cheers

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                          Guys, anybody knows how hard is to get into Boston Logan Airport? I haven't heard of anybody going there.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          It seems Northeast is hardly ever open, and when there are openings they are at wacky middle of nowhere Canadian borders. So I am just assuming that people like to stay at Boston.
                          CBPO 14-3 Central East Coast Region

                          Applied 10/3/14
                          Exam 12/6/14
                          NOR 1/12/15 (Passed, 90)
                          TS 1/23/15
                          Medical/PFT1 3/12/15 (Passed PFT)
                          TSL Packet Received 3/20/15 Submitted 3/25/15
                          VBT/SI 4/6/15 (Passed)
                          TSL "In security office" 4/8/15
                          Polygraph Inconclusive 4/27/15
                          Second Polygraph awaiting the wrath (or mercy!) of QC 5/27/15
                          Removed from consideration due to "unfavorable polygraph" 7/9/15

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                            Automatic every 52 weeks after your entrance on duty


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I believe he is asking about promotions not raises in pay.

                            FB

                            Comment


                            • Ah thank you, that makes me feel a little better. I was getting worried.

                              Comment


                              • Finally, everything has "Completed" beside it on CASS! Haha. Though I was told that I passed the Drug Test and I knew I would, it feels so much better seeing nothing with "Pending" beside it, haha. Best of luck to everyone! Patience, Practice, Perfection.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7498 users online. 214 members and 7284 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X