Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I know the 3 year polygraph thing is probably an old topic but I just wanted to get yalls take. Long story short, failed CBP polygraph 5 years ago, examiner accused me of trying to cheat. Fast forward now, I had my BI submitted and passed the polygraph 2 months ago.

    I know CBP hiring has different departments handling all hiring phases, the other departments other than IA have no clue on your background. Saw someone post if you failed a poly less than 3yrs ago, you probably will get schedule for oral, physical, etc before they DQ because of this.

    My questions is, since IA has my file and has allowed a polygraph and BI would this be an indication that my past poly should not be an issue? I seen post where IA DQ people before poly or before BI. It just doesn't make sense to allow me a poly and BI if my past poly would be an automatic DQ.

    Comment


    • Question, Is it true that during the PFT2 you are only allowed to complete the minimum pushups and sit-ups ?? Or we just keep going?? I have also been practicing my 1.5 mile run and so far is not an issue. My 220 yard run is "okay" (42-44s) is my time. I started recently and I know that little by little my timing will improve. Are there any suggestions to speed up the process?? I am very disciplined when it comes to my workouts Thanks!!!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by sory_ann View Post
        Question, Is it true that during the PFT2 you are only allowed to complete the minimum pushups and sit-ups ?? Or we just keep going?? I have also been practicing my 1.5 mile run and so far is not an issue. My 220 yard run is "okay" (42-44s) is my time. I started recently and I know that little by little my timing will improve. Are there any suggestions to speed up the process?? I am very disciplined when it comes to my workouts Thanks!!!
        They stop you at the passing number

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dkman View Post
          They stop you at the passing number
          Awesome!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dkman View Post
            They stop you at the passing number
            Thanks !!!!!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dkman View Post
              They stop you at the passing number
              That is crazy. I had one question though and I know this was disscussed before, but the only page that the person brought up for reference was for Border Patrol and not Customs (CBPO). For those of you that have taken the PFT2 for CBPO (NOT BP) do they check your blood pressure before? and how strict are they on that?

              The two emails that I have recieved regarding my EOD and the second physical fitness test say absolutely nothing about taking sports drinks or coffee or energy drinks or checking my blood pressure right before the tests... So do I have to run a 1.5 mile and all that other stuff without my morning cup o' joe??? lol

              Comment


              • Originally posted by hello_reason View Post
                That is crazy. I had one question though and I know this was disscussed before, but the only page that the person brought up for reference was for Border Patrol and not Customs (CBPO). For those of you that have taken the PFT2 for CBPO (NOT BP) do they check your blood pressure before? and how strict are they on that?

                The two emails that I have recieved regarding my EOD and the second physical fitness test say absolutely nothing about taking sports drinks or coffee or energy drinks or checking my blood pressure right before the tests... So do I have to run a 1.5 mile and all that other stuff without my morning cup o' joe??? lol
                They didn't check anything at West Virginia. Just sign a form and you are good to go

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
                  I know the 3 year polygraph thing is probably an old topic but I just wanted to get yalls take. Long story short, failed CBP polygraph 5 years ago, examiner accused me of trying to cheat. Fast forward now, I had my BI submitted and passed the polygraph 2 months ago.

                  I know CBP hiring has different departments handling all hiring phases, the other departments other than IA have no clue on your background. Saw someone post if you failed a poly less than 3yrs ago, you probably will get schedule for oral, physical, etc before they DQ because of this.

                  My questions is, since IA has my file and has allowed a polygraph and BI would this be an indication that my past poly should not be an issue? I seen post where IA DQ people before poly or before BI. It just doesn't make sense to allow me a poly and BI if my past poly would be an automatic DQ.
                  Ok, if you failed 5 years ago that's it...you are allowed to go thru another polygraph because you passed the 3 year mark and congrats on passing it this time!.. the answer to your question is NO! they do not go back and take into consideration your past poly. I have a friend you recently got DQ before a poly and BI because some other stuff in his SF-86 and didn't even allowed him to try for the poly! soooo I say if you passed the poly bro your good to go...unless you committed some crime that they will find out during your BI then your screwed lol. Good luck bro!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
                    Ok, if you failed 5 years ago that's it...you are allowed to go thru another polygraph because you passed the 3 year mark and congrats on passing it this time!.. the answer to your question is NO! they do not go back and take into consideration your past poly. I have a friend you recently got DQ before a poly and BI because some other stuff in his SF-86 and didn't even allowed him to try for the poly! soooo I say if you passed the poly bro your good to go...unless you committed some crime that they will find out during your BI then your screwed lol. Good luck bro!
                    I figured, just so paronoid since the poly is the one that that is considered the most difficult part. I just don't see why IA would allow another POLY and BI if it was an automatic DQ. Thanks for your info.

                    Comment


                    • So I completed Computer Test, Fitness, Medical, and VBT/SI. I got picked for a duty station that I decided to decline due to the location. When I apply for the next announcement for a different area, will the process go "quicker" since I already completed most of the process?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
                        So I completed Computer Test, Fitness, Medical, and VBT/SI. I got picked for a duty station that I decided to decline due to the location. When I apply for the next announcement for a different area, will the process go "quicker" since I already completed most of the process?
                        I'm not 100% sure but I believe it does if it's within a year

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by sory_ann View Post
                          Question, Is it true that during the PFT2 you are only allowed to complete the minimum pushups and sit-ups ?? Or we just keep going?? I have also been practicing my 1.5 mile run and so far is not an issue. My 220 yard run is "okay" (42-44s) is my time. I started recently and I know that little by little my timing will improve. Are there any suggestions to speed up the process?? I am very disciplined when it comes to my workouts Thanks!!!
                          Tips to improve:

                          Train as long as you can, as much as you can without causing injury to yourself. Interval Running is awesome to improve speed and "starting torque".
                          Sprint a 100-150 yards than walk for 1 minute. Then repeat for about 7 to 10 sets.

                          Run stadium stairs
                          Run up hills forward and slowly, going backwards up the hill (good for hamstring strength). Then crosstrain with 15-30 stand and jumps.

                          For endurance, you could run 100 yards, then drop and do the max pushups. Rest for 1-2 minutes then run another 100 yards then max situps. Repeat for about 3 to 5 sets.

                          Very simple, but effective training for the CBP physicality requirement. I have some way more intensive workouts if you would like, haha.
                          Last edited by ConanPhipsi176; 06-20-2015, 06:21 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ConanPhipsi176 View Post
                            Tips to improve:

                            Train as long as you can, as much as you can without causing injury to yourself. Interval Running is awesome to improve speed and "starting torque".
                            Sprint a 100-150 yards than walk for 1 minute. Then repeat for about 7 to 10 sets.

                            Run stadium stairs
                            Run up hills forward and slowly, going backwards up the hill (good for hamstring strength). Then crosstrain with 15-30 stand and jumps.

                            For endurance, you could run 100 yards, then drop and do the max pushups. Rest for 1-2 minutes then run another 100 yards then max situps. Repeat for about 3 to 5 sets.

                            Very simple, but effective training for the CBP physicality requirement. I have some way more intensive workouts if you would like, haha.
                            Which ones would be the intensive ones? Sounds fun

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                              Which ones would be the intensive ones? Sounds fun
                              Times the distance and sets of the perviously mentioned by 2 and/or 3, haha. Along with some box jumps, bear crawls, burpees, suicides, wall-runs, explosion-movements, some cross-complexed weight lifting workouts and pro-agility work. No need to do all of that to prep for the PFT 1 or 2, unless its your addiction (like it is for me, haha) or unless you want to go to a hardcore sector like SRT or et cetera, haha.

                              Have a Journal full of accumilated ideas and methologies from the past 10 years. Pretty effective and intensive drills and workouts. Definitely bringing it with me to FLETC for my free time. Heard theres a nice gym there...?
                              Last edited by ConanPhipsi176; 06-20-2015, 09:21 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ConanPhipsi176 View Post
                                Tips to improve:

                                Train as long as you can, as much as you can without causing injury to yourself. Interval Running is awesome to improve speed and "starting torque".
                                Sprint a 100-150 yards than walk for 1 minute. Then repeat for about 7 to 10 sets.

                                Run stadium stairs
                                Run up hills forward and slowly, going backwards up the hill (good for hamstring strength). Then crosstrain with 15-30 stand and jumps.

                                For endurance, you could run 100 yards, then drop and do the max pushups. Rest for 1-2 minutes then run another 100 yards then max situps. Repeat for about 3 to 5 sets.

                                Very simple, but effective training for the CBP physicality requirement. I have some way more intensive workouts if you would like, haha.
                                I can definitely do that!!I am sure it will work, it has to!! Cuz "Failure is not an option" And I want to be prepared for all the kicks and punches [emoji123] [emoji123] at the academy [emoji12]

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8482 users online. 434 members and 8048 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X