300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RecentGradNYC View Post
    Are there any advantages of having an engineering degree and becoming a customs officer?
    Can make a difference in the grade you get. Instead of a gs 5 you may be offered a gs 7. That's about it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
      Can make a difference in the grade you get. Instead of a gs 5 you may be offered a gs 7. That's about it

Is it rare or almost impossible to come in as a GS-9?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr._A. View Post
        Is it rare or almost impossible to come in as a GS-9?
        Yes, unless you are coming from Border Patrol or maybe another federal law enforcement agency. We have a gs11 from BP.

Comment

• 2nd poly scheduled for next month.

Comment

• no different than the required GMT in the military ..... 8-12 each year going over the exact same thing as the year before, and the year before and ..... even as an instructor of the classes I had to take em

Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
            It stands for Video Learning Courses. During your pre-academy you will complete a mind numbing number of them. You will also be taking them for a variety of subjects throughout your entire career, many being required to be repeated on an annual or biannual basis.

Comment

• Hey guys question.. I took the vbt march of 2015 nd didn't make it, is it normal for people to try more than once to make it all the way thru the whole cbp hire process?

Comment

• Hello all,

I have really enjoyed reading this forum. Lots of great information.

I applied for the first time to the opening earlier this year. Went through the Computer Based Test, Fitness, Medical, and the VBT-SI. I recieved a notice for the position at Newark/New York.

I decided to turn the position down because it just isn't practical for the me to move there.

I am definitely interested in applying to future CBP positions.

How long is the original Computer test good for? I saw that the VBT/SI is good for 3 years, Medical is for 2 years and fitness is good for 1 year.

Comment

• Any info on that LAW ENFORCEMENT COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT (RADIO DISPATCH) position? Does it go up to GS-12/13?

Comment

• Guys do they notify you if you pass the poly? If 3 weeks passes and one does not hear anything from IA, then what happens?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                      Guys do they notify you if you pass the poly? If 3 weeks passes and one does not hear anything from IA, then what happens?
                      No news = good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                        Guys do they notify you if you pass the poly? If 3 weeks passes and one does not hear anything from IA, then what happens?
                        Keep waiting... Hopefully you get a call from the background investigator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hey everyone, quick question.... If I start out of SFO on July 13th at a GS-7, when would I hit GS-9? 11? 12?
                          Some BP and CBP are saying it would be by 8 months, some say a year.... What do you guys say?

Comment

• Originally posted by hello_reason View Post
                            Hey everyone, quick question.... If I start out of SFO on July 13th at a GS-7, when would I hit GS-9? 11? 12?
                            Some BP and CBP are saying it would be by 8 months, some say a year.... What do you guys say?
                            It's a year from EOD date. So 7/13/17 you will be a gs 11 for example

Comment

• CBP officer

Hi guys quick question, i know this sounds stupid, but how long is the pipeline to get hired to be a CBP officer? From exam to end of academy how long does that take?
                              NYPD EXAM #4329 May 2014
                              Score: 95+
                              List:1XX February 2015
                              APD-5: TBT
                              Medical: TBT
                              Written Psychological: TBT
                              Oral Psychological: TBT
                              Meet with investigator: TBT
                              JST: TBT
                              Mini Med: TBT

Comment

• Originally posted by joe_smith01 View Post
                                Hi guys quick question, i know this sounds stupid, but how long is the pipeline to get hired to be a CBP officer? From exam to end of academy how long does that take?
                                1.5-2 years average if you include Academy

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11877 users online. 443 members and 11434 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X