X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CZ_Kid
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Thecldriver
    I believe it said not to submit any of those forms prior to entry date. If you do, you can risk a delay in your benefits etc. I didn't even attempt to do mines until after first day of pre Acedemy. Even then I had 6 days to complete it as per request of my supervisor. Hope that helped.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Well this was the separate time sensitive email that was to be activated after 72 hours of recipt. It was the one received after the final offer letter. I read not to submit anything until you EOD with assistance from staff but this particular email was different. It was the Onboarding Manager email.

Maybe I'm just getting too excited and over prepping. Thanks though.
    Last edited by CZ_Kid; 06-13-2015, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Thecldriver
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by CZ_Kid
      Well this was the separate time sensitive email that was to be activated after 72 hours of recipt. It was the one received after the final offer letter. I read not to submit anything until you EOD with assistance from staff but this particular email was different. It was the Onboarding Manager email.

Maybe I'm just getting too excited and over prepping. Thanks though.
      Ok I see what you are saying. Yes you had to register your on board account within 72 hours of receipt. Sure you can request this again thru HR on your first day of pre academy. It's ok to be excited you are on the path to a great career , congrats and good luck.

Comment

• hello_reason
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Biggreentracktor80
        BEWARE!!!!!! BEWARE OF THE VLC's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol (for the folks going to Pre- )
        I'm starting the Pre-academy on July 13th. What's the VLC's?

Comment

• hello_reason
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Thecldriver
          And I thought my fletc date was bad. You leave there new years eve, ouch. Congrats and see you in fletc.

Yes, but what a great way to start the new year! lol

Comment

• fed1989
            Forum Member
            • May 2015

First time posting here. I originally applied to the 15-1 have passed everything so far. Poly is the next step I received the email about duty posts as well. Only Newark or JFK which I know I will be miserable with. I reapplied to the 15-3 for Derby Line, VT which is fine I currently live in VT so I am used to the place. Just wanted to double check all my progress should cross over correct? Thanks again guys and good luck.

Comment

• service4others
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by fed1989
              First time posting here. I originally applied to the 15-1 have passed everything so far. Poly is the next step I received the email about duty posts as well. Only Newark or JFK which I know I will be miserable with. I reapplied to the 15-3 for Derby Line, VT which is fine I currently live in VT so I am used to the place. Just wanted to double check all my progress should cross over correct? Thanks again guys and good luck.
              What geographical areas do you guys think will open for this next annoucment?

Comment

• merlin436
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by service4others
                What geographical areas do you guys think will open for this next annoucment?
                Who knows? Your guess is probably as good as anyone's.

Rumor has it that some announcements are/will be tied into the relocation and transfers within the agency. If that's the case, I would expect much more targeted hiring vs a more generalized hiring strategy.

Comment

• 66Pony
                  Forum Member
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by hello_reason
                  I'm starting the Pre-academy on July 13th. What's the VLC's?
                  It stands for Video Learning Courses. During your pre-academy you will complete a mind numbing number of them. You will also be taking them for a variety of subjects throughout your entire career, many being required to be repeated on an annual or biannual basis.

Comment

• Cantstandya
                    Forum Member
                    • Jul 2014

Does anyone have some info on Derby Line, VT? As in what the housing options are like/work conditions/etc. I tried searching the thread, but couldn't find much.

Comment

• Mr._A.
                      Forum Member
                      • Feb 2015

Can anyone offer any insight on the San Ysidro location (work conditions, housing, general area info, ect.) I'm assuming that the current open CBP announcement is more gear toward border crossing locations. Although it's a CBPO position does anyone know if this may open opportunities for advanced training or maybe cross training with BA's?

Comment

• dkman
                        Forum Member
                        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Mr._A.
                        Can anyone offer any insight on the San Ysidro location (work conditions, housing, general area info, ect.) I'm assuming that the current open CBP announcement is more gear toward border crossing locations. Although it's a CBPO position does anyone know if this may open opportunities for advanced training or maybe cross training with BA's?
                        All I know is along with JFK, San Ysidro is the busiest port of entry for cbp. So a lot of ot and work experience/seizures.

Comment

• Mr._A.
                          Forum Member
                          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by dkman
                          All I know is along with JFK, San Ysidro is the busiest port of entry for cbp. So a lot of ot and work experience/seizures.
                          Thanks. I know a few applicants have expressed concern with accepting locations in certain areas with high costs of living ect. and the base pay rate for GS-5 & GS-7, I'm in a similar situation. I know it was posted earlier that new officers really won't get the chance to see true overtime until after their first year following pre-academy, academy, and probation. Although this is such a busy port, to your knowledge is this true?

Comment

• dkman
                            Forum Member
                            • Jun 2013

Thanks. I know a few applicants have expressed concern with accepting locations in certain areas with high costs of living ect. and the base pay rate for GS-5 & GS-7, I'm in a similar situation. I know it was posted earlier that new officers really won't get the chance to see true overtime until after their first year following pre-academy, academy, and probation. Although this is such a busy port, to your knowledge is this true?
                            All are different so I'm not sure. I know at Jfk if you are trained in one thing and there is a wait for the next step in training you can work overtime for only what you are fully trained in.

Comment

• Mr._A.
                              Forum Member
                              • Feb 2015

I see. Are you currently a CBPO assigned to JFK?

Comment

• dkman
                                Forum Member
                                • Jun 2013

I see. Are you currently a CBPO assigned to JFK?
                                I'm in pre Academy there. I start fletc in 2 weeks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 23370 users online. 56 members and 23314 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...