Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Medical/Fitness

    Hello guys...
    Just got back from my Medical/Fitness... I have to say thank God since I was simply re-taking cause it expired, I only had to do EKG, Blood Pressure and Fitness I didn't have to do the whole physical, hearing or eye exams again....whoohoo!...cause most of these places don't do that good of a job at those other tests... The first time I was told I had hearing loss and no depth perception...to be proven incorrect on my dime!... At least the 2 times I've had to go through the fitness I haven't had to do it along with the audio tape, they simply gave me verbal commands and then told me to step up and down for the five minutes changing lead legs whenever I felt like it
    Now all I have to do is wait to see if my NOPA clears...
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
      From what I gather. Here's my take on it:

      15 minute 1 1/2 mile.

      Make sure you can touch your toes and/or beyond (something about a flexibility issue of back/legs).

      Agility course (sprinting 30 yards up & back, then going around 4 cones up and back the 30 yards, then sprinting 30 yards up and back in I think in a range of 15 - 18 seconds????

      Heard push-ups are mandatory. Dfly says to start doing them now.
      Yeah but the only thing that can affect your employment is the run. Everything is (or at least was) participation only. They just like to see improvement in your fitness level.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by yoda View Post
        At least the 2 times I've had to go through the fitness I haven't had to do it along with the audio tape, they simply gave me verbal commands and then told me to step up and down for the five minutes changing lead legs whenever I felt like it
        Now all I have to do is wait to see if my NOPA clears...
        Hahaha, that's crazy! How are they keeping time then? heck, all you have to do is bring out a metronome, set it to 120BPM, and go along with it for 5 minutes!

        It seems like there is a lot of movement lately with old and new applicants; good luck to everyone on their tests!
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

        "And you are kinda intoxicated."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
          From what I gather. Here's my take on it:

          15 minute 1 1/2 mile.

          Make sure you can touch your toes and/or beyond (something about a flexibility issue of back/legs).

          Agility course (sprinting 30 yards up & back, then going around 4 cones up and back the 30 yards, then sprinting 30 yards up and back in I think in a range of 15 - 18 seconds????

          Heard push-ups are mandatory. Dfly says to start doing them now.
          I think the only mandatory there is the RUN, everything else is a simple check on your physical strength and abilities (similar to what the FBI PT does) at the end they crown the best in shape guy/gal.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sap123 View Post
            Hahaha, that's crazy! How are they keeping time then? heck, all you have to do is bring out a metronome, set it to 120BPM, and go along with it for 5 minutes!

            It seems like there is a lot of movement lately with old and new applicants; good luck to everyone on their tests!
            As long as you don't pause the action during the 5 minutes (which they time), or use your hands to push up from your legs, you're good to go!... The place I went to today had never done the test before, the guy was simply looking over the instructions they sent him in the packet...lol...at least this time I didn't have to do the stand and kneel drop on bare concrete (he put a mat down for me)
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

            Comment


            • Hi All,
              I've been reading quite a bit. I have appointment for VBT 10/31. Can anyone give a me an approximate how many scenario? and how long is the process might take? (it doesn't have to be exact ) In addition, for the BI, do you meet with the investigator at his place or at your home ?
              CBPO-LB/LA,CA
              Written: 08/08
              TO: 09/24/08
              FLETC CLASS 923

              Comment


              • Originally posted by GeM168 View Post
                Hi All,
                I've been reading quite a bit. I have appointment for VBT 10/31. Can anyone give a me an approximate how many scenario? and how long is the process might take? (it doesn't have to be exact ) In addition, for the BI, do you meet with the investigator at his place or at your home ?
                VBT takes about 30 minutes to an hour. As far as a BI, you will meet at a neutral site (mine is at a local PD tommorrow), and they may come to your home. Mine is talking to my parents at their home right now.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by GeM168 View Post
                  Hi All,
                  I've been reading quite a bit. I have appointment for VBT 10/31. Can anyone give a me an approximate how many scenario? and how long is the process might take? (it doesn't have to be exact ) In addition, for the BI, do you meet with the investigator at his place or at your home ?
                  I think the FAQ says about 8 scenarios and about 30mins to complete. It depends on the investigator's preference. Mine wanted to meet at work, we ended up meeting at a local PD.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                    Haha nice. I read about a guy over on 911jobforums that was basically a FLETC rat and was around training for nearly a year because he EODed and went to training for border patrol. At the end of training there he got the call for USMS and decided to do that. At the end of training there he got the call for USSS, and had to go to training for THAT! Haha, imagine that!

                    Either way, congrats on being able to have a choice!

                    Thanks...Im not to sure what to do at the moment, I know for long term, IEA is the way to go... and I mean Im not married, no kids... so another 18 weeks wouldnt cause much strain on me, but .... I mean thats a long time here at FLETC... it gets old.

                    Plus, Im curious... anyone know what the IEA training is like? Im told that it is more "in your face, physical" then academics like CBP is.
                    Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                    Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                    Graduated Dec 18, 2008

                    Its game on from here....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                      Thanks...Im not to sure what to do at the moment, I know for long term, IEA is the way to go... and I mean Im not married, no kids... so another 18 weeks wouldnt cause much strain on me, but .... I mean thats a long time here at FLETC... it gets old.

                      Plus, Im curious... anyone know what the IEA training is like? Im told that it is more "in your face, physical" then academics like CBP is.
                      Your at FLETC now...look around and ask questions.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                        Your at FLETC now...look around and ask questions.

                        Done that.... but im looking for more from a 3rd person point of view... From CBP its basically "stay with CBP, cause I work here" and ICE its "come to ICE, its better, cause i work here". And God knows, nobody at Dallas can answer any questions regarding the job.
                        Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                        Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                        Graduated Dec 18, 2008

                        Its game on from here....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          VBT takes about 30 minutes to an hour. As far as a BI, you will meet at a neutral site (mine is at a local PD tommorrow), and they may come to your home. Mine is talking to my parents at their home right now.
                          Meeting with your parents huh.... I guess if you can't get a good reference from them then you're in bad shape

                          I wonder if we have the same BI. Oddly, my BI told me that they rarely meet with parents and siblings. I met two BI's in a local PD. They met with two of my references, my girlfriend, and an acquaintance that they found though one of my references. They also met with two of my current managers, at least one of my past employers, and at least one of my neighbors. That's all that I know of so far. The investigators are done now, so I'm checking the status line full force again anxiously waiting to be referred to TSU. Maybe we'll be at FLETC at the same time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to get "the call" and an EOD still this year and FLETC early next year. Then I’ll be crossing my fingers for a private room
                          ____________________________________________
                          EOD: March 30th
                          FLETC: May 6th

                          Comment


                          • What should I wear for the VBT?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MilwaukeeBucks View Post
                              What should I wear for the VBT?
                              Use your best judgment and treat it as if it was any other interview.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
                                Meeting with your parents huh.... I guess if you can't get a good reference from them then you're in bad shape

                                I wonder if we have the same BI. Oddly, my BI told me that they rarely meet with parents and siblings. I met two BI's in a local PD. They met with two of my references, my girlfriend, and an acquaintance that they found though one of my references. They also met with two of my current managers, at least one of my past employers, and at least one of my neighbors. That's all that I know of so far. The investigators are done now, so I'm checking the status line full force again anxiously waiting to be referred to TSU. Maybe we'll be at FLETC at the same time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to get "the call" and an EOD still this year and FLETC early next year. Then I’ll be crossing my fingers for a private room
                                Yeah well i had fallen on some hard times and they helped me out with some money when i wasnt working. So they BI wanted to verify that and that i wasnt selling dope or something. They called one of my references and are meeting with another one tommorrow. Yeah, it sure would be nice to get into TSU and down to georgia asap!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6686 users online. 466 members and 6220 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X