Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usually it takes 3-4 weeks for medical to clear after it's been sent in and 1-2 weeks for the fit test. Mine says it's been forwarded to the medical review office for determination and my fit test says it's been scheduled.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
      Usually it takes 3-4 weeks for medical to clear after it's been sent in and 1-2 weeks for the fit test. Mine says it's been forwarded to the medical review office for determination and my fit test says it's been scheduled.
      CASS online or the phone system?

Comment

• Originally posted by wmcgalrd View Post
        CASS online or the phone system?
        Both online and the phone show that for me. Although online it says my vbt hasn't been scheduled, but the phone says it has and I've received the paperwork and a phone call.

Comment

• When I got the medical exam done my blood pressure was a little high. the doc let me go on to the fitness test, told me to go get checked by another doc and get on meds and he would check it again. When I went to a different doc to get it checked it was normal time after time so he wouldnt prescribe anything. Rushed right back to the place the exam was done and it was high again(nerves I think). Anyway it finally came down to the numbers they wanted 140/90. Should I be expecting one of those NOPA's everybody talks about?

Comment

• Originally posted by bobcatgolthwait View Post
            When I got the medical exam done my blood pressure was a little high. the doc let me go on to the fitness test, told me to go get checked by another doc and get on meds and he would check it again. When I went to a different doc to get it checked it was normal time after time so he wouldnt prescribe anything. Rushed right back to the place the exam was done and it was high again(nerves I think). Anyway it finally came down to the numbers they wanted 140/90. Should I be expecting one of those NOPA's everybody talks about?
            You could get one for high blood pressure. I'm almost positive that being on meds for high BP is bad juju. If you get one, you'll just have to go to another doctor and get it looked at more closely. It could have been you being nervous or being hot in the room or whatever, but rules are rules.

Alright, I have a predicament that I'm going to play out to see if I can get people's advice. Basically, I've been working for peanuts while waiting to EOD. I visited a temp agency a couple weeks ago to see if I could find a job with a higher pay. There are positions available, but they are mostly temp to hire situations. I wouldn't have any issues taking one of these jobs, but I'm afraid what the consequences are if I take a job, leave it after a month or so (because I get the call for CBPO), and then in a future BI (or perhaps a BI refresh?) the employer sandbags me or says "oh well he left after we trained him, what a jerk" and the following consequences for an employer basically giving me bad lip service to a BI. I've heard of stories of NOPAs and all sorts of nightmares because of an employer bad mouthing the applicant. Anyone want to offer any insight to this? My employment history otherwise has been completely spotless.
            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Well I got a note from the doc who checked my blood pressure when it was normal and gave it to the one who cbp sent me to so hopefully he sent it with my paperwork and everything will be ok, but I forget to ask if he was going to.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                You could get one for high blood pressure. I'm almost positive that being on meds for high BP is bad juju. If you get one, you'll just have to go to another doctor and get it looked at more closely. It could have been you being nervous or being hot in the room or whatever, but rules are rules.

Alright, I have a predicament that I'm going to play out to see if I can get people's advice. Basically, I've been working for peanuts while waiting to EOD. I visited a temp agency a couple weeks ago to see if I could find a job with a higher pay. There are positions available, but they are mostly temp to hire situations. I wouldn't have any issues taking one of these jobs, but I'm afraid what the consequences are if I take a job, leave it after a month or so (because I get the call for CBPO), and then in a future BI (or perhaps a BI refresh?) the employer sandbags me or says "oh well he left after we trained him, what a jerk" and the following consequences for an employer basically giving me bad lip service to a BI. I've heard of stories of NOPAs and all sorts of nightmares because of an employer bad mouthing the applicant. Anyone want to offer any insight to this? My employment history otherwise has been completely spotless.
                Well, unless your temporary employer chooses to disregard labor law, your concern about being sandbagged is justified, but unlikely. Former employers can only give out certain information about you. I.E. length of employment, eligible for re-hire, ect. They are not allowed to defame you in any way. You can go into the BI interview and by your own admission discuss things about your employment activities that can be seen as unfavorable by any potential employer, that's really up to you. I have similar issues with respect to prior employment. From my experience and feedback gathered from background investigators and recruiters;having multiple jobs and length of employment isn't really an issue in and of itself. It's the reasons for job hopping and leaving, and whether or not you acted responsibly in leaving those jobs, that's what they are really interested in.

Comment

• When I got the medical exam done my blood pressure was a little high. the doc let me go on to the fitness test, told me to go get checked by another doc and get on meds and he would check it again. When I went to a different doc to get it checked it was normal time after time so he wouldnt prescribe anything. Rushed right back to the place the exam was done and it was high again(nerves I think). Anyway it finally came down to the numbers they wanted 140/90. Should I be expecting one of those NOPA's everybody talks about?
                  I had a BP of 140/88 the only thing i got was a letter from CHS the company that does the health services. It just said they want to inform of it and to possible get it checked up with my doctor but thats it. i didn't have to send any additional info to them.

I already know this bp is around what i usually am at it either in the 120 to 140; also if your nervous or pumped up for the exam it will affect your bp as well

IN the same letter i also recieved notice of mild hearing loss but it was because i could hear everything that was happing around ie people talking doors shutting health personnel come to check if i had finished.
                  the loudest beep i could barely hear. i had to concentrate on listing

I asked this before but didn't get a response does anybody know of new requirement for the fletc pt course just want to be a in shape for it.

Comment

• Alright, I have a predicament that I'm going to play out to see if I can get people's advice. Basically, I've been working for peanuts while waiting to EOD. I visited a temp agency a couple weeks ago to see if I could find a job with a higher pay. There are positions available, but they are mostly temp to hire situations. I wouldn't have any issues taking one of these jobs, but I'm afraid what the consequences are if I take a job, leave it after a month or so (because I get the call for CBPO), and then in a future BI (or perhaps a BI refresh?) the employer sandbags me or says "oh well he left after we trained him, what a jerk" and the following consequences for an employer basically giving me bad lip service to a BI. I've heard of stories of NOPAs and all sorts of nightmares because of an employer bad mouthing the applicant. Anyone want to offer any insight to this? My employment history otherwise has been completely spotless.
                    I would also explain to your perspective employer about your situation. For example that you are in the process of getting hired by CBP and that you will leave if offered the job with CBP. I did the same with my new employer. I'm currently working for a government contractor and they were ok with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                      Yeah, the pace was actually a lot faster than I thought it would be. Just got done meeting with my investigator, seemed like a great guy. Talked about a guy who transferred jobs 4 times just so he could stay in Boston. Next week VBT then I'm done hopefully.

How did you meet with an investigator before your VBT? Are you lucky or what? I wish I would meet an investigator before my VBT next week. Hopefully I would meet one soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                        How did you meet with an investigator before your VBT? Are you lucky or what? I wish I would meet an investigator before my VBT next week. Hopefully I would meet one soon!
                        Meeting with mine tommorrow at 10 a.m. Luckily i got the same lady who did mine back in '07

Comment

• IA is mostly independent of other components, and it's really a matter of when your name shows up as the next applicant that is assigned to your local BI. These guys are juggling a bunch of cases all of the time, so sometimes people get the call real early or it takes awhile.

Also: Thank you to the posters take on my situation.

Barnaj: Are you doing a refresh or something?
                          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                            My process has actually been moving pretty fast since I got my TO. It may be because I'm in a critical needs state. I didn't even know my background had started until he called me last Thursday. He had pulled my credit ten days ago, so he's been gathering info for a little while. He's only here for two days so I think he's working overtime to get my case done.

Comment

• PT update....

Originally posted by southwest View Post
                              I asked this before but didn't get a response does anybody know of new requirement for the fletc pt course just want to be a in shape for it.
                              From what I gather. Here's my take on it:

15 minute 1 1/2 mile.

Make sure you can touch your toes and/or beyond (something about a flexibility issue of back/legs).

Agility course (sprinting 30 yards up & back, then going around 4 cones up and back the 30 yards, then sprinting 30 yards up and back in I think in a range of 15 - 18 seconds????

Heard push-ups are mandatory. Dfly says to start doing them now.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                                IA is mostly independent of other components, and it's really a matter of when your name shows up as the next applicant that is assigned to your local BI. These guys are juggling a bunch of cases all of the time, so sometimes people get the call real early or it takes awhile.

Also: Thank you to the posters take on my situation.

Barnaj: Are you doing a refresh or something?
                                I guess, same lady, same situation. I had an interim back in '07, was at the FLETC and resigned for personal reasons. Re-applied back in July and was asked to meet her tommorrow. Also gonna interview my friend tommorrow and my parents tonight.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7323 users online. 255 members and 7068 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X