Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man! Thats blowing my mind that i got five different port choices to rank and everyone else is getting the very densed selection of two. Same region and all. Im surely thankful, but man, thats blowing my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConanPhipsi176 View Post
      Sweet deal. Do you know if Dulles has one? I feel they may since the factors of 9/11. Also, do you have a link or resource of the qualifications? My mile is 5:30 average and my first PFT1, i did 90ish push ups in a minute. BUT ive heard through the great vine that theres more to it to make such a legit team.
      That's really good. I'm sure they have srt in DC it's an important area. I don't know exactly the fitness standards, have to wait at least 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
        That's really good. I'm sure they have srt in DC it's an important area. I don't know exactly the fitness standards, have to wait at least 2 years.
        Welcome! I'm from Central NJ, commuting this week takes me 80-120 minutes. I'll move to nyc when I graduate. I agree completely with the shifts. That is a big reason I don't have plans to transfer to Newark. Every 5th and 6th week 3 day weekend (except maybe in the summer) is pretty sweet
        Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
        I went with JFK due to their schedule. I figured if I'm going to have it bad, I'd like to have at least a schedule that gives me some kind of life and let's me see the family on weekends every several weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
          I also received an email for
          Option 1 JFK/Queens, New York
          Option 2 Newark, New Jersey
          I got the same exact email! I am from Jersey, so I picked Newark as my number 1 and JFK 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
            I'm from Florida, I wanted to stay here but there hasn't been an announcement for the Florida region so I had put central east...I'm almost done with he process. Are you going with Newark as your first choice?
            Yeah, I preferred Newark, I live close and I wouldn't mind JFK either, but the traffic is going to be horrible!!! New Jersey is little less stressful!!

Comment

I just got an email stating that I would only be offered JFK or Newark when my final offer comes around and that I have to rank my number one choice. I'm not from up north so don't know much about neither locations, any help here on choosing would be greatly appreciated thank you! also I'm single with no kids if that matters at all.

And in terms of $$$ New Jersey will be a lot less expensive!! And you can have lots of fun as well

Comment

I just got an email stating that I would only be offered JFK or Newark when my final offer comes around and that I have to rank my number one choice. I'm not from up north so don't know much about neither locations, any help here on choosing would be greatly appreciated thank you! also I'm single with no kids if that matters at all.
                Yes if you are single definitely pick New York. It's a lot of fun there, infinite possibilities of things to see and do. NJ as a single is boring after a while but I'm biased I've lived here my entire life and went to school here. If you have no commitments that's the time to live in the NYC and get it out of your system, move to the burbs later.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                  Thank you! Ohhhhhh, thats the catch; always a catch hahaha. Thanks for the info!

Comment

I gotcha. Well man, I hope I get some good action at Dulles considering that was the Air Port two of the 9/11 hijackers boarded from. I read that JFK CBP has a sweet SRT team. Can you verify this?
                    Congrats! What class are you in? I wanted dulles but they only offered JFK and Newark. Is there anyway I can defer? Or change locations without applying all over again?

Comment

• Originally posted by M4V View Post
                      Congrats! What class are you in? I wanted dulles but they only offered JFK and Newark. Is there anyway I can defer? Or change locations without applying all over again?
                      I was just about to ask the same question. If you decline each of the locations they offer, it says your application will be closed and you will have to reapply to another announcement. Will you have to complete each step over or will most of the steps you completed carry over to the new announcement and you pick up where you left off?

Comment

You can defer once. They could call a week later a month later etc it can be the same choices, different ones, just one. It's a gamble up to you. Most likely it will be both again or just jfk

Comment

• Got that email today with JFK/Newark rank preference as well.

Comment

DKman is right. Its all a big gamble. I really really really truly lucked out.

Also, thank you! Congrats to you as well! I dont know my class yet. Just took my drug test yesterday. SHould get all the compelling information by Monday or Wednesday (just a "guesstimation"). How about you? Did they tell you your class yet?
                            Last edited by ConanPhipsi176; 06-11-2015, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Anyone know the salary rate for a GS-7 at a expensive location like Dulles/D.C.?

I see rent/house prices are surely not like NC rent/house prices, hahaha.
                              Last edited by ConanPhipsi176; 06-11-2015, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Anyone know the salary rate for a GS-7 at a expensive location like Dulles/D.C.?

I see rent/house prices are surely not like NC rent/house prices, hahaha.
                                7-1 is 43,057

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10219 users online. 334 members and 9885 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X