300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
    What stage on the pre employment process are you on milperil?
    Waiting on drug test. My background is in the adjudication process they told me the other day. Everything else is completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
      Pick Miami, stay away from VI and Puerto Rico. Especially if you have family. Good luck.
      I actually picked all locations lol ah ah but I put Miami as my #1 ranking.

Comment

• 14-2 here, long time lurker also. Originally Southeast and was then told to switch to SWB. My polygraph is in a few days. Question for milperil, how is Miami, San Juan, and VI all available to you since they are in different regions? Anyone's input is welcomed. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anillo631 View Post
          14-2 here, long time lurker also. Originally Southeast and was then told to switch to SWB. My polygraph is in a few days. Question for milperil, how is Miami, San Juan, and VI all available to you since they are in different regions? Anyone's input is welcomed. Thanks.
          When I applied, I selected the "Florida and the Caribbean" region. And that was included the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. Hope that helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by milperil View Post
            I actually picked all locations lol ah ah but I put Miami as my #1 ranking.
            You're good. Live in Kendall and call it a day unless you can afford Doral. You'll have traffic around MIA but your schedule will probably make it tolerable. I'd stay away from living in SoBe. It's fun but lots of trouble on the beach. It's also expensive. I own a small (500 sq ft) apartment and I rent it for $1,150 a month just to give you an idea.
            Last edited by CZ_Kid; 06-09-2015, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Thank you Sir.

Comment

• I am happy to see Dulles, VA being offered as that is what I am eventually hoping for. I just checked CASS and my medical and fitness now have a green check next to it
                USSS Uniformed Division
                04/30/15 Applied to Announcement
                06/18/15 Received Notice To Take POST Exam
                06/22/15 POST Exam
                07/02/15 Passed POST
                07/17/15 SUPER Interview
                09/03/15 COE

Comment

• Hello. Was hoping someone could give me an idea of what to expect in the BI meeting/interview? Is it basic like going over documentation, verifying information, etc.? Was it serious and intimidating or is it more professional job-interview style? My references have already been interviewed. Also, I'm sure it's different for everyone but can I trouble some of you with feedback on what happens after the interview and what your timeline has been [after meeting with BI]? Thanks so much for any insight.

**Been training of course, I'm an avid runner, but I'm still worried about push-ups requirement for pft2. Just hoping I have a little more time to work on it...

Comment

• Originally posted by a_6359 View Post
                    wow! how did you manage to get Dulles?? I even called this morning and the lady told me they are still only offering Newark and JFK for central east...Lucky you nonetheless! Congrats!!!
                    Thank you! No way, really? They gave me five choices and told me to rank them from most desired to least desired...which one of them was Dulles and was my number one pick haha. But regardless, they gave me five choices...i dont know why they are concealing some locations from some folks :/.

Comment

• Originally posted by milperil View Post
                      Good.
                      congrats! When you emailed back, how many locations did you pick?
                      I picked everything lol ah ah. But I put miami as #1 choice. I hope I got it.

I picked all locations but they asked me to rank them from most desired to least desired. Dulles was my number one pick. Haha, good move! You couldnt have went bad either way with your options haha. Shoot, Im surprised you didnt get an email back right away. I surely did. Responded by 1300 hours and heard back with a location confirmation by 1630 hours. You'll hear back soon for sure. Going to go **** in a cup tomorrow am, lol! (Drug Screening).

Comment

• Originally posted by JH2015 View Post
                        I am happy to see Dulles, VA being offered as that is what I am eventually hoping for. I just checked CASS and my medical and fitness now have a green check next to it

Well, it (Dulles) was offered to me today, but like A_6359 noted, doesnt seem like they are revealing locations to all applicants, oddly to say. With that said, hopefully you'll get what you hope for. I kept an opened mind for the past two years about it and scored a very good spot. Very thankful.

Comment

• Originally posted by BK8675309 View Post
                          Hello. Was hoping someone could give me an idea of what to expect in the BI meeting/interview? Is it basic like going over documentation, verifying information, etc.? Was it serious and intimidating or is it more professional job-interview style? My references have already been interviewed. Also, I'm sure it's different for everyone but can I trouble some of you with feedback on what happens after the interview and what your timeline has been [after meeting with BI]? Thanks so much for any insight.

**Been training of course, I'm an avid runner, but I'm still worried about push-ups requirement for pft2. Just hoping I have a little more time to work on it...
                          Every experience is different, but just a synopsis of mine, my investigator was clam, collective, awesome, but meant total business. Nothing to worry about at all. Just tell the complete truth because the investigators are highly trained to read verbal and nonverbal deception. At least, mine was because he emphasized on it. Surely wasnt gonna try him either haha. Though thats not their core job, they will write side notes if they think your hindering information. Anyways, its a very easy step. Tell the truth; answer with details and accuracy. Dont beat around the bush about anything. It is totally as easy as you allow it to be. Best of luck. Even though you wont need it haha.

On average, you will have about 2-3 months before the background is cleared but thats if you dont have any derogatory reports. If you do, it may set you back 4-6 months...like myself hahaha, BUT the truth is out there and thats all that matter (they know the complete truth).

Best of Luck!
                          Last edited by ConanPhipsi176; 06-10-2015, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConanPhipsi176 View Post
                            I picked all locations but they asked me to rank them from most desired to least desired. Dulles was my number one pick. Haha, good move! You couldnt have went bad either way with your options haha. Shoot, Im surprised you didnt get an email back right away. I surely did. Responded by 1300 hours and heard back with a location confirmation by 1630 hours. You'll hear back soon for sure. Going to go **** in a cup tomorrow am, lol! (Drug Screening).
                            Wow that was a quick response lol. I'm waiting. I hope they give me Miami since I already live there. And good to hear you're doing your drug test. I been waiting patiently for mine lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                              You're good. Live in Kendall and call it a day unless you can afford Doral. You'll have traffic around MIA but your schedule will probably make it tolerable. I'd stay away from living in SoBe. It's fun but lots of trouble on the beach. It's also expensive. I own a small (500 sq ft) apartment and I rent it for $1,150 a month just to give you an idea.
                              I know. Miami is expensive. I live in North Miami Beach right now. but for some reason, I love Miami lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConanPhipsi176 View Post
                                Every experience is different, but just a synopsis of mine, my investigator was clam, collective, awesome, but meant total business. Nothing to worry about at all. Just tell the complete truth because the investigators are highly trained to read verbal and nonverbal deception. At least, mine was because he emphasized on it. Surely wasnt gonna try him either haha. Though thats not their core job, they will write side notes if they think your hindering information. Anyways, its a very easy step. Tell the truth; answer with details and accuracy. Dont beat around the bush about anything. It is totally as easy as you allow it to be. Best of luck. Even though you wont need it haha.

On average, you will have about 2-3 months before the background is cleared but thats if you dont have any derogatory reports. If you do, it may set you back 4-6 months...like myself hahaha, BUT the truth is out there and thats all that matter (they know the complete truth).

Best of Luck!
                                Thanks a lot, very insightful I appreciate it!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9763 users online. 453 members and 9310 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X