Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than a month since I sent my equip. They did not schedule me for poly. yet..

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
      That's strange! did you apply the same way you applied on the another announcement your currently on?? How long did it take for you to receive that email since 15-2 closed?
      And regarding if it withdraws your entire process I'm pretty sure it doesn't they just withdraw your consideration for that particular announcement.
      I think so bro... thats just messed up, i receive the email 3 weeks later after the 15-2 announcement closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Anyone knows how much weight does the poly administrator opinion has? Will his opinion for sure match QC's one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
          Took poly today and told me I failed... waiting for my final results... hopefully I get to retake it..
          Don't worry!!! You still have hope!!! It not final yet!! Good luck!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
            Hey guys just stopped by to say hello and wish everyone good luck.

Hellloooo Steph!!! Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ShangDoh View Post
              I've got my Poly coming up very soon, can't wait to see if I join that list of failures or not, should be fun...not!
              Best of luck!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
                More than a month since I sent my equip. They did not schedule me for poly. yet..
                You're good, don't worry!! I submitted my eQIP 11/14 and scheduled poly 02/15... This process is so unpredictable with time..

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                  Anyone knows how much weight does the poly administrator opinion has? Will his opinion for sure match QC's one?
                  The polygrapher's recommendation and findings are a percentage that really does not matter. QC reviews their report and complete recorded examination before a final decision is rendered. As far as how much weigh the polygrapher's opinion is... Well, I've heard and read polygraphers fail applicants and QC passes them. Perhaps there is no exact weight on their findings. It all comes down to QC.

Comment

• Timeline for review:

07/23/14: Applied SWB (Texas) 14-2; New Hire
                    09/15/14: Entrance Examination
                    10/31/14: NOR 87 (No Vet Pref) GS7
                    11/18/14: TSL
                    11/21/14: Email eQIP submitted
                    12/02/14: Medical & PFT 1 scheduling notice
                    12/05/14: VBT/SI scheduling notice
                    12/09/14: Medical & PFT1 passed
                    12/22/14: VBT/SI examination
                    12/29/14: VBT/SI "Eligible" Notice
                    01/09/15: Submitted eQIP corrections
                    01/13/15: eQIP sent to IA
                    01/30/15: Email scheduling Polygraph Examination
                    02/12/15: Polygraph (Passed)
                    02/19/15: NOPA issued (2 medical bills)
                    03/09/15: Received call from IA- NOPA returned for non delivery. They emailed it with an extension to reply.
                    03/11/15: Submitted NOPA response
                    03/23/15: Sent email asking for NOPA status
                    03/23/15: Received email- NOPA accepted & BI to contact very soon for sit down interview
                    04/07/15: BI personal sit-down interview
                    04/10/15: BI submitted report for review
                    05/29/15: BI contacted to expect call very soon

Good luck to all in the hiring process! Patience

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
                      It is, I failed a CBP poly in 2010 and passed 2 CBP polys this year.
                      It's just a shame the amount of tax payer money that is wasted on the poly unit. More importantly, with a %60 fail rate, it kills me to think about the good folks who would have made exceptional team members as CBP officers. Granted, it's just a job, and there are always other options. But for some this is truly what they actually want to do as a career. What they went to school for, sacrificed for, etc. I read somewhere a while back that the union was trying (or going to try) and press for the poly to be removed from the process.

I hope this is the case moving forward for CBP applicants. For what it's worth, I just passed a poly for another agency with no issues whatsoever. Just goes to show how unpredictable these things are.

Comment

• This Post was deleted by user.
                        Last edited by hello_reason; 06-11-2015, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hello_reason View Post
                          Before I post this let me just say that I truly do understand the backlash this may or may not bring up, but I feel that most people would agree with me on this subject. This is the truth like it or not.

If you are going to take a polygraph with CBP soon, the best thing that you can do is stop coming on this forum and reading all the negative posts of people crying saying that they failed the test. CBP is considered Law Enforcement, and all state, local, and county LE jobs require poly for the most part, so get over it. This forum should be about real questions regarding the hiring process and networking, not crying about failing something. If you fail the polygraph, show yourself some self-respect and apply again in the future, or move on to another job or career. Coming on here and blaming the world, or the process, or the machine, or whatever is not going to make the result change, and all it's going to do it hurt other people's heads who have not taken the poly yet. Start your own thread or subject on this forum called "Can't pass the Poly", or "the machine ruined my life" or whatever.

Please. Real LE officers would not be on his forum crying about failing. Have some respect for yourselves.
                          Thank you.. Finally somebody said the right thing.

Comment

• The ploy needs to stay but should be used in conjunction with your BI.

Comment

• Originally posted by hello_reason View Post
                              Before I post this let me just say that I truly do understand the backlash this may or may not bring up, but I feel that most people would agree with me on this subject. This is the truth like it or not.

If you are going to take a polygraph with CBP soon, the best thing that you can do is stop coming on this forum and reading all the negative posts of people crying saying that they failed the test. CBP is considered Law Enforcement, and all state, local, and county LE jobs require poly for the most part, so get over it. This forum should be about real questions regarding the hiring process and networking, not crying about failing something. If you fail the polygraph, show yourself some self-respect and apply again in the future, or move on to another job or career. Coming on here and blaming the world, or the process, or the machine, or whatever is not going to make the result change, and all it's going to do it hurt other people's heads who have not taken the poly yet. The whole entire process is unpredictable. You can have a ridiculous background investigator and I can have a nice sweet older one, you can have easy evaluators for your VBT and Oral and someone else might have judgmental ones, on and on. Polygraphs do not read your mind, they read your physiological signals coming from your body, and you know what messes up those signals??? Reading bull crap on this forum about people saying how unfair and messed up the polygraph machines are. Start your own thread or subject on this forum called "Can't pass the Poly", or "the machine ruined my life" or whatever. You should not be crying to us about your failures, go cry to your mama.

Please. Real LE officers would not be on his forum crying about failing. Have some respect for yourselves.
                              With all do respect I disagree and i will tell you why. For one thing this foroum is for whatever people want to use it. Most people come for a better look of the hiring process and sharing their experiences along the process. So whether their fail or not that shouldnt bother you at all. Or whether they complaint or cry etc. It shouldnt matter to you.

Two. As a scientist myself, polygraph are BS. Yes i said it. It is what it is. In first place you should wonder first why is not used in court as evidence. Because is very unpredictable and inconsistent. And in the second part yes doesnt read minds. But also cant tell whether you are lying or not. A polygraph machine measures your heary rate, measures how much you sweat and measures your muscles when twitching. All of them responding to an stimulus. The stimulus in this case are the questions. Thats all it does. That they believe detects lies. Well that is a lie. Because at minimun it will have to be conected somehow to your brain, neurons etc. and is not.

I was told i fail the polygraph. I didnt care much and i did at the same time. Why? first last said has it QC which i learn using this foroum. And two i knew i wasnt lying. And i git tested for second time and guess what i passed. But most people get mad in the most part because they are losing an opportunity or in this case an employment due to the machine like you said. And i bet many of those who failed the test probably were good candidates. So have some respect for them. And for their needs or goals in life. Because if losing the oportunity to land a federal job like cbpo doesnt bother you at all. To others may do.

But the process can be easy for some or not for others. But the reason we joined here, or most of us did, is to have a look into the process and not to be blind along it. In my experience, everyone's process is going to be different no matter what. So let them find that out themselves. Like i did. Yes people you need to be or learn to be patient. This is a long process for the most part. It is what it is.

Lastly, i think if you dont like when people share their experiences or their complaints etc. Then the one should leave is you. Been applicants to a LE position has nothig to deal with how much or not people complaint or cry.

LE is not only about public safety is also about service. Real LE officers are deboted to service. Service to the comunitty. And the list goes on. So if you already are complaining of helping others you are in the wrong career path!!!! So how about go and cry to your mama about those that cry in the foroum???

People keep sharing and talking and complaining and crying or whatever you like. There are people here that want to help. And for those were told that they failed. Wait till QC gives you the final desicion. Cuz all it matters is QC results and recomendations.
                              Last edited by Hulk_is_real; 06-05-2015, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• A quick question for those who are current CBPOs. I'm really looking forward to making the transition into federal law enforcement from my current career, however, I am going to take a pay hit due to the time I have in my current profession. My current net salary is roughly $54,000. My question is, how long am I looking at before I will be back up to that pay level as a CBPO, taking into account base pay, overtime, and any other differential pay? I'm starting to make financial plans now to do the proverbial belt tightening, and I just want to know, realistically, what kind of time scale I'm looking at before I'm back into the same pay range.

I live in El Paso and applied for the Southwest region (fingers crossed to get a port in El Paso or somewhere nearby).

Application- 2/19/2015
                                Written exam (Passed) - 4/8/2015
                                TSL - 4/30/2015
                                SF86/eQip - 5/26/2015
                                VBT/SI (Passed) - 5/29/2015
                                Medical Exam/PFT1 (Passed) - 6/2/2015
                                Last edited by tevance67; 06-05-2015, 03:32 PM.
                                "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7765 users online. 395 members and 7370 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X