300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shadowtrain View Post
    Hold up. They have you going down to FLETC for your PFT2?
    Where are you located?

There has to be other places to take your test.

As for the track at FLETC, it should be 6 laps for your 1.5 mile, it's been a while tho.
    Yes. I live in Virginia so I originally chose Harpers Ferry for PFT-2 location. However after not hearing anything to schedule PFT2 I reached out and called them (because my EOD is june 15). They told me that Harpers Ferry was full and gave me 4 other locations to choose (Georgia, Florida, New York, and Michigan) and Glynco, GA is the closest. Sucks but its out of my hands now....

Comment

• On my withdrawal letter from the failed poly it did not state anything about not being able to reapply for a pre-determined period of time. However, in reading this thread over the years I have read others state they were told they had to wait three years before they could reapply. Does anyone have any definitive time frames as to when an applicant can reapply?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbudhu1 View Post
        Lmao! Is it easier for CBPOs to transfer after a few years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        It's easier move today than in the past. It looks like the future might bring more opportunities as well. However. ..

It's seldom easy to transfer under anything but the most favorable of circumstances. Don't count on an easy time moving out of any port. That goes especially true if you're picky on where you are willing to relocate to.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
          On my withdrawal letter from the failed poly it did not state anything about not being able to reapply for a pre-determined period of time. However, in reading this thread over the years I have read others state they were told they had to wait three years before they could reapply. Does anyone have any definitive time frames as to when an applicant can reapply?
          I failed my poly last November, and just reapplied for the hell of it. It's probably three years.

I should've filed for an appeal back then. How long do you have to file an appeal after you failed your polygraph?

Man, I still remember how angry in my head I got when the poly examiner was so shocked that I told her I smoked marijuana only a few times in my life, that was almost 15 years ago.
          CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
          02/28/14-TSL Received
          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
          07/01/14-VBT/SI
          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
          07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
            I failed my poly last November, and just reapplied for the hell of it. It's probably three years.

I should've filed for an appeal back then. How long do you have to file an appeal after you failed your polygraph?

Man, I still remember how angry in my head I got when the poly examiner was so shocked that I told her I smoked marijuana only a few times in my life, that was almost 15 years ago.
            I didn't even know I could appeal.......I was under the assumption that if you fail, that's it.

My wife works with a CBP Deputy Chief, i'll have her email him and ask re: appeal.

And yea, my poly examiner laughed at me and basically told me I was full of it when I told him I only tried MJ a couple times because the last time I tried it (15 years ago) I ended up in the hospital with a heart arrhythmia. He said "never heard that one before haha). Well, I googled it for him while we were in the room. MJ significantly increases your heart rate the first 1-5 minutes of smoking it and for those with anxiety, already elevated heard rates from running around or whatever, it can cause issues. But whatever, I know the truth and that's all that matters.

Comment

• I'd be interested in hearing about what you come up with regarding appeals....just in case....
              CBPO 14-3 Central East Coast Region

Applied 10/3/14
              Exam 12/6/14
              NOR 1/12/15 (Passed, 90)
              TS 1/23/15
              Medical/PFT1 3/12/15 (Passed PFT)
              TSL Packet Received 3/20/15 Submitted 3/25/15
              VBT/SI 4/6/15 (Passed)
              TSL "In security office" 4/8/15
              Polygraph Inconclusive 4/27/15
              Second Polygraph awaiting the wrath (or mercy!) of QC 5/27/15
              Removed from consideration due to "unfavorable polygraph" 7/9/15

Comment

• Originally posted by a_6359 View Post
                Yes. I live in Virginia so I originally chose Harpers Ferry for PFT-2 location. However after not hearing anything to schedule PFT2 I reached out and called them (because my EOD is june 15). They told me that Harpers Ferry was full and gave me 4 other locations to choose (Georgia, Florida, New York, and Michigan) and Glynco, GA is the closest. Sucks but its out of my hands now....
                Whoa... You totally got screwed. Simple as that.
                Granted you'll get to explore all that is wild and wonderful in beautiful Glynco, GA!!! /sarcasm
                Best of luck on your PFT2. Don't be that person that chokes on the PFT2.
                Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                It is indeed 6 laps for the 1.5 mile run. The test administrators will demonstrate each exercise before everyone begins. They show examples of the right ways AND the wrong ways. Be aware, the testing folks at FLETC are staff members in the PT department. You MAY be seeing them in the future.....if you get my drift! Also, be prepared to have to be there around 6am (they'll let you know the exact time in your notice). It's scheduled early in order to get everyone completed before the temps get into black flag range and they have to stop testing. Good luck!

p.s. Shadowtrain, they use the back track , not the one by the gym (or at least they did when I went through it there).
                The one by the crack houses?
                That's a decent track as long as the sand flies aren't attacking you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                  On my withdrawal letter from the failed poly it did not state anything about not being able to reapply for a pre-determined period of time. However, in reading this thread over the years I have read others state they were told they had to wait three years before they could reapply. Does anyone have any definitive time frames as to when an applicant can reapply?
                  I was told three years when I "failed" my poly. That was almost two years ago. Of course I was never given any information at all regarding an appeal process or even told about one. I only found out about it through the board, months later.

I got my letter in the mail almost one year after I took the test, so I don't know if it's three years after the test or after the letter.

The SA doing my poly was a giant ******. I've passed poly's before that were administered in a similar fashion. According to my poly SA simply researching what the expect on a poly exam, including reading wikipedia, means I'm trying to cheat the machine.

I still apply to every opening. It wont hurt anything, you'll just an email telling you if you met the qualifications or not.

Comment

• Hey all, im new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the CBP exam I'm scheduled to take in the next coming weeks. Also if anyone could give me some insight on the process I would appreciate it. Thanks!
                    NYPD EXAM #4329 May 2014
                    Score: 95+
                    List:1XX February 2015
                    APD-5: TBT
                    Medical: TBT
                    Written Psychological: TBT
                    Oral Psychological: TBT
                    Meet with investigator: TBT
                    JST: TBT
                    Mini Med: TBT

Comment

• Originally posted by invertedPanda View Post
                      I was told three years when I "failed" my poly. That was almost two years ago. Of course I was never given any information at all regarding an appeal process or even told about one. I only found out about it through the board, months later.

I got my letter in the mail almost one year after I took the test, so I don't know if it's three years after the test or after the letter.

The SA doing my poly was a giant ******. I've passed poly's before that were administered in a similar fashion. According to my poly SA simply researching what the expect on a poly exam, including reading wikipedia, means I'm trying to cheat the machine.

I still apply to every opening. It wont hurt anything, you'll just an email telling you if you met the qualifications or not.
                      A guy from another thread is currently at the academy and he failed a CBP polygraph in 2010. I also found a current BP Agent who failed a polygraph back in 09 and he later applied in 11 or 12 and got hired in 13.

I am not sure when the time starts clicking but if I had to guess, I would say they go by the date on the DQ letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by depezhe View Post
                        Today I got a letter from DC .... it needed to be read, signed and returned "Receipt and Acknowledgment of Advisement Letter" so how bad is this one? or how long would it delay my process? thanks
                        Hello, though this post is old, regarding the Acknowledgment of Advisement Letter, but I received the same letter and returned it the next day. How long did it take before you were offered a position after returning the letter? Thank you.

Comment

• I reapply in the past announcement (15-2) to change my GEO... And I received the following email:
                          NOtice of Results, You have been rated ineligible for ONE of the following reasons: you answered one or more questions stating you do not qualify for this

position OR you failed to submit a complete application package OR you did not demonstrate sufficient experience/education in your

documents for this position OR you did not take the entrance examination, OR you did not pass the CBP Officer entrance examination. Keep in mind that im a 14-1 applicant being referred to the scheduling unit... Anyone knows if that withdraw my entire hiring process?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowtrain View Post
                            The one by the crack houses?
                            That's a decent track as long as the sand flies aren't attacking you.
                            Yep, same one. I was there during a Nov-Apr time frame. They were only bad the first month (fortunately)!

Comment

• Anybody who has taken the test in the computer, how long does it take to finish the test? Average time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                                Anybody who has taken the test in the computer, how long does it take to finish the test? Average time?

2 hours average

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4288 users online. 220 members and 4068 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X