300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Victorious3801 View Post
    I met with my Background Investigator this past weekend and an investigator is coming to meet with my boss today.

I also need to change my geographic location and am waiting for an announcement to post with JFK. I picked Northeast by accident so I am sure once I do that it will delay my process at some point.
    Your process is going pretty quick looks like it. All I can do is wait.

Comment

• Sure doesn't feel quick to me. The not knowing how this will play out is terrible.

Maybe email someone and see what is going on!?!?
      CBPO 14-2 Applicant
      Application- 7/23/2014
      Written exam - 9/24/2015
      NOR: 10/31/2014
      TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
      SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
      Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
      PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
      VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
      Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
      NOPA- 5/4/2015
      Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
      Met with BI - 5/30/2015
      Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
      BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
      Drug Test - 9/24/2015
      Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
      EOD: 10/26/15
      FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

• I might do that. I hope I hear something soon

Comment

• Hello so after passing 3 polygraphs in the past. CBP hopeful failed one today. Any hopes after failing the Polygraph???
          It makes no sense since 3 were passed in the past but the process took so long that they expired and had to retake it. Any advice??

Comment

• Hate to hear these failing polygraph's posts... it seems a lot of good candidates are being left out ugh

Comment

• Originally posted by mariosa83 View Post
              Hello so after passing 3 polygraphs in the past. CBP hopeful failed one today. Any hopes after failing the Polygraph???
              It makes no sense since 3 were passed in the past but the process took so long that they expired and had to retake it. Any advice??
              That is terrible! I don't have any advice. Good luck!
              CBPO 14-2 Applicant
              Application- 7/23/2014
              Written exam - 9/24/2015
              NOR: 10/31/2014
              TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
              SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
              Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
              PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
              VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
              Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
              NOPA- 5/4/2015
              Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
              Met with BI - 5/30/2015
              Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
              BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
              Drug Test - 9/24/2015
              Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
              EOD: 10/26/15
              FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

• Any news from 15-2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Abner I reapplied on the 15-2 announcement to change location. Not a single email yet

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                    Abner I reapplied on the 15-2 announcement to change location. Not a single email yet

I also reapplied, three weeks since the announcemet closed and nothing [emoji42][emoji42][emoji42]

Comment

• I had my PFT1 today and passed with flying colors. I'll share my experience on each area.

Push ups - I had been practicing without a 4" measurement and it helped a lot. I would go very low and back up so when I had the foam block there it made it a lot easier. I was able to do 30 in a minute without struggling

Side step - It is just as I thought it would be, it is basically the basketball line drills of side shuffling. I was able to complete 14 in the 10 second time frame. I do have a natural advantage being 6'6" so i had large strides

Sit ups - This is what made me the most nervous because my sit ups aren't great but I was able to do 24. The test administrator didn't say anything about my knees separating a little, she just held my ankles down.

Lift/lower test - this was probably the easiest of all the tests in my opinion, very basic and I was able to complete 8 cycles in 26 seconds. I lift 4-5x a week so if you are consistently weightlifting, this one will not be a problem at all.

Finally the 5 minute step test. In my opinion, this was definitely the hardest. It is a pretty good cardio workout and leg workout. If your cardio or leg strength is not great, you really will struggle with this one. I had a good burn running through my heels and legs when I was done. I asked the administrator if this is the test most people fail and she said it's definitely the test that "separates the men from the boys"

My cumulative score was 119. I did my test in Okeechobee, FL. Everyone was really nice and it went smooth. Now on to finish my E-qip and my VBT is June 23 @ MIA
                      USSS Uniformed Division
                      04/30/15 Applied to Announcement
                      06/18/15 Received Notice To Take POST Exam
                      06/22/15 POST Exam
                      07/02/15 Passed POST
                      07/17/15 SUPER Interview
                      09/03/15 COE

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                        Hate to hear these failing polygraph's posts... it seems a lot of good candidates are being left out ugh
                        Agreed...my second one was just last week but I am wracking my brains over what QC will decide since my examiner was a little ambiguous as to my results...this nagging feeling of "waiting to fail" is a real confidence builder.
                        CBPO 14-3 Central East Coast Region

Applied 10/3/14
                        Exam 12/6/14
                        NOR 1/12/15 (Passed, 90)
                        TS 1/23/15
                        Medical/PFT1 3/12/15 (Passed PFT)
                        TSL Packet Received 3/20/15 Submitted 3/25/15
                        VBT/SI 4/6/15 (Passed)
                        TSL "In security office" 4/8/15
                        Polygraph Inconclusive 4/27/15
                        Second Polygraph awaiting the wrath (or mercy!) of QC 5/27/15
                        Removed from consideration due to "unfavorable polygraph" 7/9/15

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiernyc View Post
                          Agreed...my second one was just last week but I am wracking my brains over what QC will decide since my examiner was a little ambiguous as to my results...this nagging feeling of "waiting to fail" is a real confidence builder.
                          How long did it take for them to call you for a second one and was it with the same person?

Comment

• Originally posted by JH2015 View Post
                            I had my PFT1 today and passed with flying colors. I'll share my experience on each area.

Push ups - I had been practicing without a 4" measurement and it helped a lot. I would go very low and back up so when I had the foam block there it made it a lot easier. I was able to do 30 in a minute without struggling

Side step - It is just as I thought it would be, it is basically the basketball line drills of side shuffling. I was able to complete 14 in the 10 second time frame. I do have a natural advantage being 6'6" so i had large strides

Sit ups - This is what made me the most nervous because my sit ups aren't great but I was able to do 24. The test administrator didn't say anything about my knees separating a little, she just held my ankles down.

Lift/lower test - this was probably the easiest of all the tests in my opinion, very basic and I was able to complete 8 cycles in 26 seconds. I lift 4-5x a week so if you are consistently weightlifting, this one will not be a problem at all.

Finally the 5 minute step test. In my opinion, this was definitely the hardest. It is a pretty good cardio workout and leg workout. If your cardio or leg strength is not great, you really will struggle with this one. I had a good burn running through my heels and legs when I was done. I asked the administrator if this is the test most people fail and she said it's definitely the test that "separates the men from the boys"

My cumulative score was 119. I did my test in Okeechobee, FL. Everyone was really nice and it went smooth. Now on to finish my E-qip and my VBT is June 23 @ MIA
                            Men from boys on a step test...lol, good luck with the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Victorious3801 View Post
                              Sure doesn't feel quick to me. The not knowing how this will play out is terrible.

Maybe email someone and see what is going on!?!?
                              The average hiring process takes about 2 years.

Comment

• I called MHC regarding the 15-2 announcement, they said by the end of this week, we will receive an email to schedule the date of the exam from June 8- 20th . I'm reapplying as well, I actually finished the whole process and was referred to Scheduling Unit. Reapplying for San Ysidro now, it sucks to take the exam again but I was told I won't have to wait too long before an offer in southwest comes up. Anyone here who was in that situation and actually got the relocation offer? I'm wondering how long would it take to get the call.
                                Last edited by NY2SD; 06-02-2015, 09:24 AM. Reason: error

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9531 users online. 404 members and 9127 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X