Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hulk_is_real View Post
    Thanks! Yes i took the computer test june 2014
    You are good. As you reapply, your score will roll over. I believe they will even ask you if you want to use your old score or retest. If you already have a TSL, you don't even need to worry about your score expiring. Your PFT/Med can expire but your test score won't as long as you are an active applicant.

Comment

• Took my first PT test & medical test and I must say that damn step test wore me OUT! I'm happy its over. I believe I passed... Well I met all my marks so I believe I'm good. Next step is VBT/SI June 23rd. I must say 15-1 is progressing quicker than a lot of others TL but you guys def have me worried it seems like every other day someone is getting bad news. Its like you almost have to be perfect to get it! Geesh! Well that's my rant for today lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Victorious3801 View Post
        I applied for the wrong geographic location and am curious, so when they offer you the job it can be anywhere in the geographic location you picked? I would prefer Albany because it's the closest to me but there is no guarantee, right? I'm new to this whole thing so just a bit confused.

I know if I want to change locations I would have to take the test over again.

Albany, NY?

Good luck with that. It's a small port with limited turnover and whatever openings that do occur stand a good chance of being filled by Champlain personnel.

Think of Champlain, Alex Bay and maybe Massena as the most likely offerings.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          Albany, NY?

Good luck with that. It's a small port with limited turnover and whatever openings that do occur stand a good chance of being filled by Champlain personnel.

Think of Champlain, Alex Bay and maybe Massena as the most likely offerings.
          I know several officers at Albany, and several more trying to get back. I gave a friend who's been waiting 6 years so far.

Comment

• I've seen a lot of posts from the 15-1 group so I thought I'd give my experience so far. I just completed the medical and fitness 1 test yesterday and this morning I received an email for my VBT for June 25th. It does seem like things are moving faster then what I've read in the past, maybe it has to do with the central East coast location. The only issue I had in the medical was they said my left ear scored poorly in the audio test, though not so bad it would disqualify me, but during the entire test I was able to hear outside noises of the nurse opening and closing doors and speaking with other patients. The place I did the exam was pretty shabby and a little unprofessional, but the fitness test was easy and went well. Also, does anybody know how much input your test score has on the hiring process? Or is it pretty much just pass or fail it to see if you can read and do basic math?
            BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

• Yeah it's just pass or fail where did you take your fitness test at

Comment

• Well everyone looks like I am another victim of the voodoo machine just got done with my 5 hour long poly! The test is complete bS the examiner kept getting mad at me for moving then breathing to deep then breathing to quick yada yada I was told I was inconclusive due to me having a few reactions to serious crimes and drug usage but I passed the part about if everything on my application was truthful. He said he tried everything to pass me but I couldn't give him anything any reasons to why I was reacting. Needless to say I'll wait to hear from MHC. Sucks they have to lose so many potentially good applicants due to failed polys

Comment

• Oh wow sorry to hear that I believe you can apply in a year n just use your test score

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigdeperr View Post
                    Yeah it's just pass or fail where did you take your fitness test at
                    It was in Miami, Fl. I got pretty lucky, all of my pre employment requirement locations have been close by
                    BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

• Originally posted by JKWolfe View Post
                      Well everyone looks like I am another victim of the voodoo machine just got done with my 5 hour long poly! The test is complete bS the examiner kept getting mad at me for moving then breathing to deep then breathing to quick yada yada I was told I was inconclusive due to me having a few reactions to serious crimes and drug usage but I passed the part about if everything on my application was truthful. He said he tried everything to pass me but I couldn't give him anything any reasons to why I was reacting. Needless to say I'll wait to hear from MHC. Sucks they have to lose so many potentially good applicants due to failed polys
                      If it's inconclusive , you didn't fail. Hopefully you get another try being that you didn't fail. Did he tell you that you failed?

Comment

Well everyone looks like I am another victim of the voodoo machine just got done with my 5 hour long poly! The test is complete bS the examiner kept getting mad at me for moving then breathing to deep then breathing to quick yada yada I was told I was inconclusive due to me having a few reactions to serious crimes and drug usage but I passed the part about if everything on my application was truthful. He said he tried everything to pass me but I couldn't give him anything any reasons to why I was reacting. Needless to say I'll wait to hear from MHC. Sucks they have to lose so many potentially good applicants due to failed polys
                        Sorry to hear that, a female I work with just told me of her horror story of a 6 hour polygraph she had. I almost couldn't believe what she told me about it, but after 6 hours of badgering the examiner finally failed her. Seems like the majority of whether you pass or fail is decided on the examiner and whether or not you fit the bill of what they're looking to hire that week. Good luck
                        BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
                          If it's inconclusive , you didn't fail. Hopefully you get another try being that you didn't fail. Did he tell you that you failed?
                          He said I was inconclusive and MHC would probably retest with a different examiner. he even went on to say he doesn't believe it was anything that would effect my ability to work for CBP but I have to be able to get through those questions without a reaction. I couldn't belive my poly started at 330pm and ended at 830pm! Here's to hoping the next go around goes smoother
                          Last edited by JKWolfe; 05-29-2015, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• Just wondering if anyone else has applied for the Northwest Border, are currently there, or knows anyone who's in that region. I've lived in Washington state but I wanted to know about the other states in that region and if the cbp officers liked those ports. Based on this thread it seems like a lot of people selected more jobs located in the East coast.

Comment

• Has anyone gone to Hawaii? know the cost?
                              Geo:Texas CBPO Exam:10/11
                              Medical & Pft1:12/22/11 Passed
                              Met BI:4/12
                              VBT/SI:01/26/12 Passed
                              Drug Test:04/26/12 Passed
                              Qual:cleared 04/12
                              PFT2:05/23/12 Passed
                              EOD:06/18/12
                              FLETC:7/16/12

Comment

He said I was inconclusive and MHC would probably retest with a different examiner. he even went on to say he doesn't believe it was anything that would effect my ability to work for CBP but I have to be able to get through those questions without a reaction. I couldn't belive my poly started at 330pm and ended at 830pm! Here's to hoping the next go around goes smoother
                                We won't name names but it sounds like you had the same guy that I did on my first polygraph...i.e. acting absolutely ridiculous, hooting and hollering about breathing, did he yell at you for swallowing at all or slight twitches of limbs you had no control over?!
                                CBPO 14-3 Central East Coast Region

Applied 10/3/14
                                Exam 12/6/14
                                NOR 1/12/15 (Passed, 90)
                                TS 1/23/15
                                Medical/PFT1 3/12/15 (Passed PFT)
                                TSL Packet Received 3/20/15 Submitted 3/25/15
                                VBT/SI 4/6/15 (Passed)
                                TSL "In security office" 4/8/15
                                Polygraph Inconclusive 4/27/15
                                Second Polygraph awaiting the wrath (or mercy!) of QC 5/27/15
                                Removed from consideration due to "unfavorable polygraph" 7/9/15

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6350 users online. 333 members and 6017 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X