X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I got to Paramus anybody failed when you went

Comment

• Originally posted by JH2015 View Post
      I assume you are a 15-1 applicant as well? I saw a few people post on here about having the VBT and Interview scheduled already. I have not received anything regarding that, just medical and fitness test. How did you receive notice about the VBT?
      I got a call and an email about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigdeperr View Post
        Yeah I got to Paramus anybody failed when you went
        I was the only one there taking it at the time. I asked the lady that was administering the pft and she said 'not yet.'

Comment

• Anyone sign a Advisory Letter from IA stating that you are suitable for a position? If so, how long afterwards was it until you receive an offer? Anticipation is killing me, haha. Patiently waiting. Been three weeks since I signed the paperwork.

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyP86 View Post
            You don't need luck.... It's already in the bag
            Well apparently I was having a "reaction" to the unauthorized foreign contacts question...he said basically my fate rests with quality control whether they really want to authorize a third test or not. I don't know what that reaction is about...yes I have traveled pretty extensively and to fairly bizarre countries but I explained all that and my associations with foreign citizens (with whom I don't even have any contact now).

Despite this I really have to say one thing: this polygraph at least felt 1000x better than my first one and my hat goes off to the examiner I had this time. Basically this proved to me that it is the examiner that makes all the difference. This guy was excellent and if I have to take a third one (as god awful as that makes me feel lol) I would love to have him again, but I am sure the chances of that are slim. This also confirms my suspicions that the first examiner I had was just a real Class A turd.

Anyway, no matter what happens I can feel good about the fact that I know I was telling the truth and that this second experience was at least civil, professional, and as pleasant as a polygraph could be. Still...I will never understand why, if there is just one question that is a little squirrely, they don't just do the freaking background investigation with a focus on that area, you know actually investigate it to get a second opinion and not have total blind faith in the machine.

Well that's all I've got for now.
            Last edited by Kiernyc; 05-28-2015, 05:59 AM.
            CBPO 14-3 Central East Coast Region

Applied 10/3/14
            Exam 12/6/14
            NOR 1/12/15 (Passed, 90)
            TS 1/23/15
            Medical/PFT1 3/12/15 (Passed PFT)
            TSL Packet Received 3/20/15 Submitted 3/25/15
            VBT/SI 4/6/15 (Passed)
            TSL "In security office" 4/8/15
            Polygraph Inconclusive 4/27/15
            Second Polygraph awaiting the wrath (or mercy!) of QC 5/27/15
            Removed from consideration due to "unfavorable polygraph" 7/9/15

Comment

• Got my final "withdrawal" email from MHC due to unfavorable poly. The only thing that upsets me is the $300 I spent traveling to PA to get tested in a hotel room lol. Other than that, it is what it is. One thing I will say though is that after I was told I "failed" by the examiner, he kept asking me over and over again if I was sure "I didn't have any contacts in CBP that could vouch for my credibility". I hate to believe that is the way it works over there but if by not having friends on the inside didn't get me the job, so be it. I've got about three dozen Port Authority PD buddies who have been begging me to take the test over there so it's time to move on. Good luck to all of you who are left waiting in the mine field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiernyc View Post
                I am off to my second polygraph (ugh)...wish me luck!

How did the poly went? Do you think you passed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
                  How did the poly went? Do you think you passed?
                  See my post above! Summary: Questionable :/
                  CBPO 14-3 Central East Coast Region

Applied 10/3/14
                  Exam 12/6/14
                  NOR 1/12/15 (Passed, 90)
                  TS 1/23/15
                  Medical/PFT1 3/12/15 (Passed PFT)
                  TSL Packet Received 3/20/15 Submitted 3/25/15
                  VBT/SI 4/6/15 (Passed)
                  TSL "In security office" 4/8/15
                  Polygraph Inconclusive 4/27/15
                  Second Polygraph awaiting the wrath (or mercy!) of QC 5/27/15
                  Removed from consideration due to "unfavorable polygraph" 7/9/15

Comment

• Hi. The entrance examination test results are good for how long?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hulk_is_real View Post
                      Hi. The entrance examination test results are good for how long?
                      If you took the computer test, they are good for several years. The written test results are no longer used and you will need to retest.

Comment

• I applied for the wrong geographic location and am curious, so when they offer you the job it can be anywhere in the geographic location you picked? I would prefer Albany because it's the closest to me but there is no guarantee, right? I'm new to this whole thing so just a bit confused.

I know if I want to change locations I would have to take the test over again.
                        CBPO 14-2 Applicant
                        Application- 7/23/2014
                        Written exam - 9/24/2015
                        NOR: 10/31/2014
                        TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
                        SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
                        Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
                        PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
                        VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
                        Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
                        NOPA- 5/4/2015
                        Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
                        Met with BI - 5/30/2015
                        Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
                        BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
                        Drug Test - 9/24/2015
                        Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
                        EOD: 10/26/15
                        FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

Well apparently I was having a "reaction" to the unauthorized foreign contacts question...he said basically my fate rests with quality control whether they really want to authorize a third test or not. I don't know what that reaction is about...yes I have traveled pretty extensively and to fairly bizarre countries but I explained all that and my associations with foreign citizens (with whom I don't even have any contact now).

Despite this I really have to say one thing: this polygraph at least felt 1000x better than my first one and my hat goes off to the examiner I had this time. Basically this proved to me that it is the examiner that makes all the difference. This guy was excellent and if I have to take a third one (as god awful as that makes me feel lol) I would love to have him again, but I am sure the chances of that are slim. This also confirms my suspicions that the first examiner I had was just a real Class A turd.

Anyway, no matter what happens I can feel good about the fact that I know I was telling the truth and that this second experience was at least civil, professional, and as pleasant as a polygraph could be. Still...I will never understand why, if there is just one question that is a little squirrely, they don't just do the freaking background investigation with a focus on that area, you know actually investigate it to get a second opinion and not have total blind faith in the machine.

Man that's a downer for sure, makes me anxious for my turn with the magic voodoo machine coming up soon. Here's hoping QC comes through for you!

Comment

If he didn't say that you failed you should still be good...I have heard cases where you can go in for a third time, so good luck bro!

Comment

• Hey has anybody been thru this situation or knows somebody who went thru something similar...I just came back form my pft1, and I had a reading of high blood pressure...they took several readings and every time it was different...basically they didn't want to let me do the physical part...but this had happened before with my border patrol pft1(not sure why tho) which at that moment DHS requested additional paperwork and I took my medical records showing that I DON'T have high blood pressure. So I took the same paperwork today for my CBPO pft1 and they went over it and let me do the physical at which I did 50 pushups/1 min, 42 situps/1 min, 14 line touches, 26 seconds the lift thingy and did the step test well. Before they submitted the results I told them to also submit my medical records which they did, now my question is what do you guys think DHS will say regarding my blood pressure because I did finish my fitness part and I already send them additional paperwork from my primary care attached to the results of today, is this going to be a problem or will they send me in again just for a reading of my blood pressure? any insight on this I would appreciate thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                                If you took the computer test, they are good for several years. The written test results are no longer used and you will need to retest.
                                Thanks! Yes i took the computer test june 2014

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10312 users online. 491 members and 9821 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X