Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am off to my second polygraph (ugh)...wish me luck!
    CBPO 14-3 Central East Coast Region

Applied 10/3/14
    Exam 12/6/14
    NOR 1/12/15 (Passed, 90)
    TS 1/23/15
    Medical/PFT1 3/12/15 (Passed PFT)
    TSL Packet Received 3/20/15 Submitted 3/25/15
    VBT/SI 4/6/15 (Passed)
    TSL "In security office" 4/8/15
    Polygraph Inconclusive 4/27/15
    Second Polygraph awaiting the wrath (or mercy!) of QC 5/27/15
    Removed from consideration due to "unfavorable polygraph" 7/9/15

Comment

• Best of luck Kiernyc!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sory_ann View Post
        I've been to Michigan Good luck to you and lots of Optimism !!!!!
        Thanks and the same to you

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiernyc View Post
          I am off to my second polygraph (ugh)...wish me luck!
          You don't need luck.... It's already in the bag

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyP86 View Post
            Thanks and the same to you
            I found this and been using it. Hope it helps !!!
            http://seminarsexpress.mediasite.com...ad774a1fdc9f1a

Comment

• I got the "call" today. They offered me Detroit Airport, Detroit POE, and Port Huron. The report date is 06/15. The Academy Dates is 07/09 to 11/13.

I did turn down all three choices. I already work for the Border Patrol and the main reason I want to switch agencies is to get closer to home for a few years. When I turned the offer down, I told them why. They offered to put my on a "list" for choice I wanted. They stated there is no time frame for when they will call back offering me a position. Once they do call back, that is my only choice.

I am not sure if this is something they offer everyone, but I thought I make sure people know. Especially, for all the BPA's that are jumping ship to get closer to home...

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
                Good luck jkwolfe
                Thank You!

Comment

• Originally posted by NateM View Post
                  I got the "call" today. They offered me Detroit Airport, Detroit POE, and Port Huron. The report date is 06/15. The Academy Dates is 07/09 to 11/13.

I did turn down all three choices. I already work for the Border Patrol and the main reason I want to switch agencies is to get closer to home for a few years. When I turned the offer down, I told them why. They offered to put my on a "list" for choice I wanted. They stated there is no time frame for when they will call back offering me a position. Once they do call back, that is my only choice.

I am not sure if this is something they offer everyone, but I thought I make sure people know. Especially, for all the BPA's that are jumping ship to get closer to home...
                  This sounds like a deferment because of the "only choice" part. The deferment lasts 30 days which at that point, your name will pop up again and you'll get another call when MHC finally gets to you. So it could be 30, 31, 40 days or whenever they start filling your geo again. If locations other than those mentioned are available, they'll offer them. If not, your only choice is what's available and no more chances. Good luck.

Comment

• Well....I was on the 30 day deferment for Central East/JFK and after only 16 or so days they have called me back to re-offer JFK and Newark. I'm from Virginia, I'm not familiar with either of these areas. I have been leaning towards Newark to ease the shock of the big city lol

Please, any advice or recommendations for either of these locations...Pros, Cons, Gripes, Praises, I'll take it all. I'm also curious to know which would be easier to transfer out of in the future.

Tentative dates....EOD June 15, FLETC July 9-Nov. 13, no PFT-2 date yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by a_simpson View Post
                      Well....I was on the 30 day deferment for Central East/JFK and after only 16 or so days they have called me back to re-offer JFK and Newark. I'm from Virginia, I'm not familiar with either of these areas. I have been leaning towards Newark to ease the shock of the big city lol

Please, any advice or recommendations for either of these locations...Pros, Cons, Gripes, Praises, I'll take it all. I'm also curious to know which would be easier to transfer out of in the future.

It's cheaper to live near Newark than JFK. A lot more to do near the NYC/JfK area. It is the capital of the world. The possibilities are endless. Which will help with social activities outside of work to meet people. NJ is more like Virginia (suburban) and safer for the most part except Newark/Elizabeth etc Newark has the port to work at but JFK is a lot busier in international travel which may lead to more opportunities. I would think JFK is easier to transfer out of not sure. I've lived by the Jersey Shore my entire life so I have no problem leaving but really depends what you want. Moving to nyc is intimidating even to those who lived in the next state over but I have heard after the first year most people love it. If I was older and had a family I would pick Newark, younger and single I would pick JFK.

Comment

• Originally posted by a_6359 View Post
                        Well....I was on the 30 day deferment for Central East/JFK and after only 16 or so days they have called me back to re-offer JFK and Newark. I'm from Virginia, I'm not familiar with either of these areas. I have been leaning towards Newark to ease the shock of the big city lol

I am from the suburbs of NYC and I would never return. I am currently living in Florida and plan to move to Virginia/DC area. I applied pretty much hoping just for Dulles. I can give you advice purely from a living stand point, not an employed CBP officer standpoint. In my opinion, NYC is awful. Very crowded, high cost of living, high taxes, expensive tolls, etc. I grew up there and I will never return to NY. Traffic is also a nightmare in NYC.

I don't know much about Newark living area but I imagine it will be significantly cheaper and your commute would be easier because the NJ turnpike is relatively easy to drive on and lots of lanes. If I were given a choice of between Newark and JFK, I would pick Newark. But that is just my opinion based on being from NY metropolitan area.
                        USSS Uniformed Division
                        04/30/15 Applied to Announcement
                        06/18/15 Received Notice To Take POST Exam
                        06/22/15 POST Exam
                        07/02/15 Passed POST
                        07/17/15 SUPER Interview
                        09/03/15 COE

Comment

• Originally posted by a_6359 View Post

Out of the two, take Newark.
                          At least with Newark, you want have to deal with the cost of living that is NYC. The downside, it's still Jersey.

JFK generally bodes well with people that are from there.
                          If I were in your shoes, take Newark. Get some time in and swap over to Dulles if Virginia is your ultimate destination.

Comment

• Originally posted by JH2015 View Post
                            I am from the suburbs of NYC and I would never return. I am currently living in Florida and plan to move to Virginia/DC area. I applied pretty much hoping just for Dulles. I can give you advice purely from a living stand point, not an employed CBP officer standpoint. In my opinion, NYC is awful. Very crowded, high cost of living, high taxes, expensive tolls, etc. I grew up there and I will never return to NY. Traffic is also a nightmare in NYC.

I don't know much about Newark living area but I imagine it will be significantly cheaper and your commute would be easier because the NJ turnpike is relatively easy to drive on and lots of lanes. If I were given a choice of between Newark and JFK, I would pick Newark. But that is just my opinion based on being from NY metropolitan area.
                            Thank you! I'm going to choose Newark. Hopefully it will be easier to transfer out of in the future as opposed to JFK. Who knows, I may love it up there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowtrain View Post
                              Out of the two, take Newark.
                              At least with Newark, you want have to deal with the cost of living that is NYC. The downside, it's still Jersey.

JFK generally bodes well with people that are from there.
                              If I were in your shoes, take Newark. Get some time in and swap over to Dulles if Virginia is your ultimate destination.
                              Thank you, Thats essentially what I was thinking as well. Hopefully Newark will be easier to transfer out of in the future.

Comment

• I take my VBT and interview on Tuesday, June 2nd, but I got a call from Comprehensive Health Services this afternoon. Unfortunately I missed their call -- anyone have an idea what this could be about?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10404 users online. 522 members and 9882 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X