300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
    My first gig was at jfk for tsa. huge place with plenty of places to eat. I believe all govt employees get a discount on any food court etc
    That sounds like a dream come true. I won't lie I already looked up some food at Jfk. Have to know my options ha

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
      Please keep us posted in here on that first day at JFK. Tips and such. Some of us (me) have never been to New York and much less JFK. Thank you.
      Nyc will take some adjusting, people here are flat out rude at times, no manners , always in a rush etc. Don't take it personal when it does occur , and don't conform to it.

Comment

Nyc will take some adjusting, people here are flat out rude at times, no manners , always in a rush etc. Don't take it personal when it does occur , and don't conform to it.
        So I've heard. It's all good, I'm pretty mellow and get along with most.

Comment

Hey dkman, what are the pt requirements for fletc? I know 220 yards in 45 mins 1.5 in either 15 mins or 16:30 secs (which I read on the cbp newsletter) 25 push ups in 60 mins. Even when we are in pre academy I will still be doing my running and working out. I would hate to be back to square 1 first day of academy

Comment

Hey dkman, what are the pt requirements for fletc? I know 220 yards in 45 mins 1.5 in either 15 mins or 16:30 secs (which I read on the cbp newsletter) 25 push ups in 60 mins. Even when we are in pre academy I will still be doing my running and working out. I would hate to be back to square 1 first day of academy
            220 yards in 45 seconds, 24 push-ups, 1.5 mile in 15, and 12.5 inch on sit and reach with 3 attempts to do it. We get tested beginning, middle, and end. I think the first two are more practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
              220 yards in 45 seconds, 24 push-ups, 1.5 mile in 15, and 12.5 inch on sit and reach with 3 attempts to do it. We get tested beginning, middle, and end. I think the first two are more practice.
              Thank God the first 2 are practice. We're you able to run the 1.50 mile run non stop? Our instructors kind of got on us for taking a breather on the track. He said the instructors at fletc will give us flack. It's going to be a long hot summer lol

Comment

Thank God the first 2 are practice. We're you able to run the 1.50 mile run non stop? Our instructors kind of got on us for taking a breather on the track. He said the instructors at fletc will give us flack. It's going to be a long hot summer lol
                I kept going for almost all, walked about 10 steps to regain myself and continued on. From my past experiences instructors care more about not walking than your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                  I will do that. I live in NJ and have never been anywhere near jfk but that is part of the fun. Where are you from?
                  I've been around. Grew up in Central America. Lived and worked in Louisiana, Florida, Virginia/DC, Arizone and the Carribbean. I'll be fine, just want to be ready for day one in a new city since I'll be from out of state.
                  Last edited by CZ_Kid; 05-23-2015, 01:41 AM.

Comment

• Anyone from Class 384 here? Im looking forward to June 25th

Comment

• So how does someone fail the sit ups? I don't understand how they can get the form wrong...

Comment

• Originally posted by sory_ann View Post
                        Hi LadyP86 and the rest of the members I am new here and I am also preparing myself for the fitness test Jun 2!!! Continue training hard and rest the day before!!!!! I've been trying to increase the number of push ups and I've noticed when I leave a day in between my sessions I feel rested and with much more energy and end up adding 3 to 5 more pushups! Good Luck
                        Thanks for the advice... I'm pretty confident in my pt test. I just got out of basic training for the Air Force in August and the standards were way higher! I'm very excited my process is coming along tho because reading some peoples TL it could be a very lengthy process. Are you apart of 15-1 also?

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyP86 View Post
                          Thanks for the advice... I'm pretty confident in my pt test. I just got out of basic training for the Air Force in August and the standards were way higher! I'm very excited my process is coming along tho because reading some peoples TL it could be a very lengthy process. Are you apart of 15-1 also?
                          Yes, I am also part of 15-1. And you are right! I've notice they are moving pretty quick compared to some TL. I've applied based on education/bilingual ( spanish) with no prior LE or military experience. Next week I have my VBT/SI and my PFT1

Comment

• Originally posted by Biggreentracktor80 View Post
                            Anyone from Class 384 here? Im looking forward to June 25th
                            I maybe in your class. When did you get "the call"? I signed my advisory letter 2ish weeks ago, which stated that I was suitable for the position, so I believe I will be receiving details soon, i.e. probably June 25th. Btw, is that your EOD or academy date?

Comment

• Originally posted by ConanPhipsi176 View Post
                              I maybe in your class. When did you get "the call"? I signed my advisory letter 2ish weeks ago, which stated that I was suitable for the position, so I believe I will be receiving details soon, i.e. probably June 25th. Btw, is that your EOD or academy date?
                              I think that's his/her academy date.

Comment

I think that's his/her academy date.
                                Ohh okay, 10-4. Thank you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8964 users online. 202 members and 8762 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X