300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
    Hey I'm in a really similar situation as yours. But IMO go for what you really want....if you want SS go for it but then again you never know what can happen in the future...God forbid u turn CBP down waiting for SS and you get injured or something and can't do SS either...I would take CBP and if SS calls while your in the academy then just go with them there not going to penalize you for that. Btw it's still going to take awhile after the poly they have to do the background which will take a min. don't know how ur background is but I'd they find something then you have to explain and that takes time...pretty sure your fine if you passed the CBP one but either way good luck on your decision and don't let CBP go just to wait for something better u never know. Stay safe.
    Thank you! This is virtually what I was leaning towards anyway after talking with a few people. I know I still have a couple steps to muddle through, just the waiting to get to those steps. SS knows about CBP and also said they don't expect my background to take long because of it (also Im currently a police officer and a lot of the agents at my local field office know people I work for). Such a tough decision but Im blessed to be in this predicament.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
      Family is important but also what you want out of a career. USSS had been my number 1 but I'm actually excited about Customs because they are very different. It depends what you want out of the position. UD will consist mostly of standing around at 3 am hearing crickets. Customs has way more opportunities to advance and do other activities. I interned for the USSS and it takes a toll on family life. I can assure you Customs would be better for your family. For the most part Customs work stays at work. I wouldn't mind but Secret Service is your life for the most part. It's more fitted for a young single person. Come election time it will consume you. That's why a lot of agents and officers are leaving in droves. I've seen the training center it is top notch with amazing instructors. It is a very honorable job that takes dedication. These are both great agencies but have different lifestyles. You have a better chance not missing your children grow up with CBP than with Secret Service.

Thanks for the advice! I guess I should've clarified, Im not married nor do I have kids. My entire family lives in Virginia so I wanted to try and stay close by. Basically me just being a baby and scared of a drastic move/change

Comment

• Originally posted by a_simpson View Post
        Thanks for the advice! I guess I should've clarified, Im not married nor do I have kids. My entire family lives in Virginia so I wanted to try and stay close by. Basically me just being a baby and scared of a drastic move/change
        Well on that note I would do UD. It sounds better suited for your situation. I was bummed I never passed the interview, definitely because I never had full time experience I think was needed to answer those questions. Best of luck in whatever you choose.. If you pick UD check out the gun room at the Rowley Training Center, coolest room I have ever been in. Stay safe out there.

Comment

• Well looks like I need to submit some of my medical records from the VA, this is going to be interesting.

Comment

• Passed my pft2!!! 12 people in my group with 1 failure unfortunately. So glad to have that behind me. 220 yard sprint 29 secs 13.29 for mile and a half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
              Passed my pft2!!! 12 people in my group with 1 failure unfortunately. So glad to have that behind me. 220 yard sprint 29 secs 13.29 for mile and a half.
              Awesome!! All that worrying, knew you would do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                Awesome!! All that worrying, knew you would do it.
                I always tend to over think things lol. I wonder how life at fletc for cbp is? Would I need to be a rocket scientist to pass or would studying be good enough. See you June 1st dkman.

Comment

I always tend to over think things lol. I wonder how life at fletc for cbp is? Would I need to be a rocket scientist to pass or would studying be good enough. See you June 1st dkman.
                  No rocket scientist but we need to take studying seriously. I think immigration and trade things can get confusing. I don't plan on falling an exam considering how many stories I've heard of people partying too much. I rarely drink anyways so that is in my favor. Some need to learn how to balance fun and work. Let me know if you get an email or letter about June 1st.

Comment

• I will Def keep you informed and you do the same. I'm going to live in the library, the younger dudes can make fun of me all they want lol

Comment

• Double post
                      Last edited by sory_ann; 05-21-2015, 06:58 PM. Reason: Double post

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyP86 View Post
                        I have my first fitness test schedule for next week any advice
                        Hi LadyP86 and the rest of the members I am new here and I am also preparing myself for the fitness test Jun 2!!! Continue training hard and rest the day before!!!!! I've been trying to increase the number of push ups and I've noticed when I leave a day in between my sessions I feel rested and with much more energy and end up adding 3 to 5 more pushups! Good Luck

Comment

I will Def keep you informed and you do the same. I'm going to live in the library, the younger dudes can make fun of me all they want lol

Neither the academics nor the physical program should be that difficult for the average person...if he takes things seriously and fully applies himself to the issues at hand. If you think might be struggling with academics, get into a study group with a bunch of your classmates who are serious about the test preparation and work with them.

It's not rocket science. On the other hand, it can be challenging. ..especially to those without a strong academic background and/or aptitude.

The key to everything at FLETC...prepare well and stay in front of and on top of everything. Those under-prepared or lagging behind, they're probably are going to suffer.

Comment

• PFT2 done. 4 of us tested, one failed sit-ups.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                              PFT2 done. 4 of us tested, one failed sit-ups.

Congrats... Where was the test? Track field? Did the person just gave up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
                                Congrats... Where was the test? Track field? Did the person just gave up?
                                Some local public asphalt topped track. Wasn't the best track but it got the job done.
                                The guy ran out of gas. Everything fell apart after they weren't getting counted due to form. He probably practice doing only the max of 25 and the wrong way. The Dr/nurse at the pft1 probably cut him a break which didn't help.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8841 users online. 297 members and 8544 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X