Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
    I second this
    That test seemed like it toke 10 mins lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
      That test seemed like it toke 10 mins lol.
      Definitely. The cadence part is the tricky thing. Half the test I hear "Faster, faster, faster" from the proctor. He told me people have failed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConanPhipsi176 View Post
        Signed a Advisory Letter two weeks ago, stating that I'm suitable for employment. Now just awaiting the "big call".
        :Central East Coast
        Sounds good. You might end up in the JFK EOD group of June 15th with academy starting July 7th.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
          Definitely. The cadence part is the tricky thing. Half the test I hear "Faster, faster, faster" from the proctor. He told me people have failed it.
          Hey dkman, for the 220 yard sprint did you have to go full force on the sprint or did you light jog it.

Comment

Hey dkman, for the 220 yard sprint did you have to go full force on the sprint or did you light jog it.
            I went beyond lightspeed straight to plaid. Hopefully someone got my reference lol Yes, I did full because I just wanted try my hardest for the entire test so I know where I'm at. I got 32 seconds. You don't have to go full speed but I would do more than a jog. Everyone passed that part. It did tire my legs out a little but worth it.

Comment

• Everyone passed the sit up test as well? Also did you receive anything from MHC stating your start date of June 1st (time , who to meet, where to meet , etc)

Comment

Everyone passed the sit up test as well? Also did you receive anything from MHC stating your start date of June 1st (time , who to meet, where to meet , etc)
                I think 1 or 2 failed sit up or push up not sure because they split us into 2 groups and they were in the other group. I am still waiting for the email, hopefully soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                  Sounds good. You might end up in the JFK EOD group of June 15th with academy starting July 7th.
                  Sweet deal. Thank you for the information. Hopefully thats it; certainly sounds about right, but who knows...haha. Either way, Im ready.

Comment

• Wondering if anyone has been in my position and can offer any advice.....

I received "the call" a couple weeks ago for JFK with EOD originally June 1. I asked to take the 30 day deferment. My predicament is this: I am also in process with USSSUD and recently got word that I passed poly, with no additional time frame for next steps. I think I would rather work for SS than CBP.. and would much rather stay close to DC than make the move to NY for family reasons. I would be ecstatic with either career opportunity though.

So..timing is obviously the issue. And I'm at a loss for what to do in an effort to not be blacklisted from either agency. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Any advice??

Comment

• Originally posted by a_simpson View Post
                      Wondering if anyone has been in my position and can offer any advice.....

I received "the call" a couple weeks ago for JFK with EOD originally June 1. I asked to take the 30 day deferment. My predicament is this: I am also in process with USSSUD and recently got word that I passed poly, with no additional time frame for next steps. I think I would rather work for SS than CBP.. and would much rather stay close to DC than make the move to NY for family reasons. I would be ecstatic with either career opportunity though.

So..timing is obviously the issue. And I'm at a loss for what to do in an effort to not be blacklisted from either agency. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Any advice??
                      Family is important but also what you want out of a career. USSS had been my number 1 but I'm actually excited about Customs because they are very different. It depends what you want out of the position. UD will consist mostly of standing around at 3 am hearing crickets. Customs has way more opportunities to advance and do other activities. I interned for the USSS and it takes a toll on family life. I can assure you Customs would be better for your family. For the most part Customs work stays at work. I wouldn't mind but Secret Service is your life for the most part. It's more fitted for a young single person. Come election time it will consume you. That's why a lot of agents and officers are leaving in droves. I've seen the training center it is top notch with amazing instructors. It is a very honorable job that takes dedication. These are both great agencies but have different lifestyles. You have a better chance not missing your children grow up with CBP than with Secret Service.

Comment

• I received the "unsuitable for employment" email after i submitted my sf-86 and release forms, never was offered a poly. I had two pending cases with the medical unit but submitted all paper work requested (original forms miss-classified my medical history so I had to prove that). About 2 weeks ago received confirmation they had got my medical forms.

My question, has anybody else received this? I would like to know why i was found unsuitable and if i can appeal. Ive called and emailed my case manager

Comment

• I'm scheduled to take my Poly in two weeks, I will post my timeline soon. Anyone else is scheduled to take the poly?

Comment

• Sorry to hear that. I hope you can appeal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Umcdoj1 View Post
                              I received the "unsuitable for employment" email after i submitted my sf-86 and release forms, never was offered a poly. I had two pending cases with the medical unit but submitted all paper work requested (original forms miss-classified my medical history so I had to prove that). About 2 weeks ago received confirmation they had got my medical forms.

My question, has anybody else received this? I would like to know why i was found unsuitable and if i can appeal. Ive called and emailed my case manager

Sorry to hear that I hope you can appeal your case.

Comment

• Originally posted by a_simpson View Post
                                Wondering if anyone has been in my position and can offer any advice.....

Hey I'm in a really similar situation as yours. But IMO go for what you really want....if you want SS go for it but then again you never know what can happen in the future...God forbid u turn CBP down waiting for SS and you get injured or something and can't do SS either...I would take CBP and if SS calls while your in the academy then just go with them there not going to penalize you for that. Btw it's still going to take awhile after the poly they have to do the background which will take a min. don't know how ur background is but I'd they find something then you have to explain and that takes time...pretty sure your fine if you passed the CBP one but either way good luck on your decision and don't let CBP go just to wait for something better u never know. Stay safe.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10771 users online. 381 members and 10390 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X