300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
    It depends what station you will be working at, I think gs-7 is higher than that.
    I selected the mid east coast region. Ok. Yeah you're right, I just looked at the opm site and the step 10 is 45,057. The 39,282 is for step 5. That makes me feel a little better if I could get GS-7 at a step 10. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr._A. View Post
      I pose this question to everyone who may have had this thought or has been here and decided already. Of course I'm in the midst of the hiring process and was contacted the other day regarding the next step in the process. I decided to go ahead and accept the appointment because I'm still undecided and you never know what may happen down the line. But my position is that from what I've gathered a GS-7 (step 10) slot is the highest you can obtain as a new hire. I'm assuming that is the $39,*** salary listed on the announcement. I understand there is an opportunity for overtime and differential once you actually get you your port, but if I did decide to take the final offer it would mean a substantial pay cut for me initially until I advanced in steps or worked numerous overtime hours. To those in this situation or who have decided and moved on, do you think it is worth it?
      You are only looking at the short term. You are only a GS-7 for a year. Look and compare the long term to get a better idea. If you start at a GS-7 in four years you will be a journeymen GS-12. A GS-12 right now without accounting for any raises during the four years it would take you to get there is 70,192. That is rest of the United States. It could be more depending upon locality for your location. How does that compare with what you will be making in your current job in 4 years? It make be worth tighten up the belt for a few years

FB

Comment

• Thanks Firebug. True. I was under the impression that as a CBPO you did not receive locality pay on top of base pay. It's more in comparison to another job offer (initial and down the line). I understand the long term benefits, and I've put that into the equation. The short term is my concern at this point.

Comment

Thanks Firebug. True. I was under the impression that as a CBPO you did not receive locality pay on top of base pay. It's more in comparison to another job offer (initial and down the line). I understand the long term benefits, and I've put that into the equation. The short term is my concern at this point.

Base pay of a GS-07/10 is 51K and change, Rest of US locality.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            Where are you getting that figure from?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

This is what I was going by.

Comment

• GS Scale

Originally posted by Mr._A. View Post

This is what I was going by.

You're looking at the wrong table.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDfed619 View Post
                  You're looking at the wrong table.
                  Could you provide the right one. It'd be helpful. Thanks.

Comment

Could you provide the right one. It'd be helpful. Thanks.
                    http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-overs...f/2015/RUS.pdf

Comment

• I have my first fitness test schedule for next week any advice

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyP86 View Post
                        I have my first fitness test schedule for next week any advice
                        Don't fall asleep on step test and you'll be fine. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                          Don't fall asleep on step test and you'll be fine. Good luck.
                          I second this

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                            I second this
                            Haha thanks

Comment

• Signed a Advisory Letter two weeks ago, stating that I'm suitable for employment. Now just awaiting the "big call".
                              :Central East Coast

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyP86 View Post
                                I have my first fitness test schedule for next week any advice
                                I agree, stay awake on the step test. So annoyingly repetitive!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7130 users online. 305 members and 6825 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X