300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Did you pass your polygraph and fail your background or failed the poly? I know normally with the background they let you mitigate unless the BI discovered something that you failed to disclose.
    My VBT/SI was the last week of February. The gentlemen that interviewed me told me that everything went well and that I should expect a call within 4-6 weeks to schedule an interview. After waiting for so long I emailed my case manager 4 days ago and told him that I felt like my application was lost in limbo. He forwarded my email to the background investigation unit and yesterday I got a response saying that my background investigation was found to be unfavorable. They didnt give me an explanation and I never got a call to schedule a polygraph.

Comment

• Double post
      Last edited by Thecldriver; 05-17-2015, 07:49 AM. Reason: Double post

Comment

• Originally posted by CCSU2014 View Post
        My VBT/SI was the last week of February. The gentlemen that interviewed me told me that everything went well and that I should expect a call within 4-6 weeks to schedule an interview. After waiting for so long I emailed my case manager 4 days ago and told him that I felt like my application was lost in limbo. He forwarded my email to the background investigation unit and yesterday I got a response saying that my background investigation was found to be unfavorable. They didnt give me an explanation and I never got a call to schedule a polygraph.
        For the gentlemen name CCSU2014
        Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
        Had you already submitted your finger print cards and completed your sf-60?

Comment

For the gentlemen name CCSU2014
          Yes sir

Comment

Yes sir
            Oh wow , so in actuality your background begins as soon as you submit your finger print cards and complete your sf 60. Sorry for your bad news. Don't get discouraged. I applied back in 2006 and was not even called etc. Not to mention I applied to NYC port authority PD and had to withdraw for personal reasons. Keep at it

Comment

• I just got back from vacation yesterday, so I called the Hiring Office this morning to inquire about my pre-employment forms and qualifications which have been pending in cass forever although I've done everything else except drug test. The lady told me that I only have the drug test pending At this time.
              But in cass, it says : background pending, drug pending, qualifications pending, preemployment forms pending. Lol
              Cass is not in real time.
              I wrote this just to let you guys know You probably far in the process while cass making you look like you're not moving at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by milperil View Post
                I just got back from vacation yesterday, so I called the Hiring Office this morning to inquire about my pre-employment forms and qualifications which have been pending in cass forever although I've done everything else except drug test. The lady told me that I only have the drug test pending At this time.
                But in cass, it says : background pending, drug pending, qualifications pending, preemployment forms pending. Lol
                Cass is not in real time.
                I wrote this just to let you guys know You probably far in the process while cass making you look like you're not moving at all.
                My cass never said referred to training scheduling unit nor did my drug test complete, when it updated to my EOD. So you are Def right lol

Comment

• Does anybody knows when a cbpo receive the first payroll check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My cass never said referred to training scheduling unit nor did my drug test complete, when it updated to my EOD. So you are Def right lol
                    Lol yeah.

Comment

Hey I saw that you got the bad news. Sorry to hear that. Did it state whether or not you may re-apply? Have you even taken the poly or was it a matter of the background report? It seems you didn't even make it far enough for the poly.

Not sure if you failed the poly but I read that if you fail the poly, there is a possibility they might still hold you for re-testing but your BI must check out... I even read that you can fail the poly and still get hired if you have a clean BI...but I doubt it be true. I do not believe in polys...some people react differently even when they speak the truth IMO. I failed my first one according to the IA interrogator and now probably waiting to get that "C YA" letter...although I have clean BI (never arrested or done anything illegal) and with 14 yrs of military time and counting. Depending on how everything unfolds...I'm definitely re-applying because the poly is BS! I have a high level of integrity thanks to my parents and the Army so I'll keep trying until allowed.

Let me know what they told you and don't be discouraged! As long as you have a clean BI...keep re-applying!
                      Last edited by SIONM; 05-18-2015, 11:04 AM.
                      CBPO ANNOUNCEMENT: 14-2
                      GEO LOC: FLORIDA & CARIBBEAN
                      ACK LETTER: 25 JULY 2014
                      WRITTEN EXAM: 17 SEPT 2014
                      NOR: RATING 93 W/ 5 VET PTS
                      TSL: 09 JAN 2015
                      VBT/SI: PASS
                      MEDICAL: PASS
                      FITNESS TEST 1: PASS
                      POLY: FAIL 12 MAY 2015 (1ST)
                      BI: PENDING IN CASS

Comment

• Anybody knows about PT2 dates for June?

Comment

• Anyone else going to Hawaii?
                          Geo:Texas CBPO Exam:10/11
                          Medical & Pft1:12/22/11 Passed
                          Met BI:4/12
                          VBT/SI:01/26/12 Passed
                          Drug Test:04/26/12 Passed
                          Qual:cleared 04/12
                          PFT2:05/23/12 Passed
                          EOD:06/18/12
                          FLETC:7/16/12

Comment

• Originally posted by Abner Rios View Post
                            Does anybody knows when a cbpo receive the first payroll check?

Three weeks, give or take, if all goes well.

Pay periods run every two weeks starting on a Sunday and ending on a Saturday. Payroll then processes everything and releases the cash, usually that Thursday. When it ends up in the bank account is mostly driven the individual banks, but most see their cash somewhere between Friday and Monday. My bank pays out on Saturday.

Officially, pay day is the second Thursday after the pay period ends. Occasionally, events like holidays, natural disasters and sequestration pop up and delay things for a day, two, maybe even weeks.

Comment

• I pose this question to everyone who may have had this thought or has been here and decided already. Of course I'm in the midst of the hiring process and was contacted the other day regarding the next step in the process. I decided to go ahead and accept the appointment because I'm still undecided and you never know what may happen down the line. But my position is that from what I've gathered a GS-7 (step 10) slot is the highest you can obtain as a new hire. I'm assuming that is the $39,*** salary listed on the announcement. I understand there is an opportunity for overtime and differential once you actually get you your port, but if I did decide to take the final offer it would mean a substantial pay cut for me initially until I advanced in steps or worked numerous overtime hours. To those in this situation or who have decided and moved on, do you think it is worth it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr._A. View Post
                                I pose this question to everyone who may have had this thought or has been here and decided already. Of course I'm in the midst of the hiring process and was contacted the other day regarding the next step in the process. I decided to go ahead and accept the appointment because I'm still undecided and you never know what may happen down the line. But my position is that from what I've gathered a GS-7 (step 10) slot is the highest you can obtain as a new hire. I'm assuming that is the $39,*** salary listed on the announcement. I understand there is an opportunity for overtime and differential once you actually get you your port, but if I did decide to take the final offer it would mean a substantial pay cut for me initially until I advanced in steps or worked numerous overtime hours. To those in this situation or who have decided and moved on, do you think it is worth it?
                                It depends what station you will be working at, I think gs-7 is higher than that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10086 users online. 473 members and 9613 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X