Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied to most recent posting that closed on Monday. Hope to be referred, no vet, 1 location only

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
      Have you received documentation noting your 7, step 10? I'm just wondering when I will see this or get conformation on what step I will be given. Soon after the call, I received the email reminding me to keep my ***** in shape for the pft2 as well as requesting me to provide HR contact information for my current federal employment as well as prior. I assume this is to verify my SF-50 information and make the final decision on what step to put me at. I would just like to finally see this on paper so I'm not guessing.
      Nothing as of yet. I'm not sweating it too much. Once my PFT2 is complete I will give my HR the green light to release all my documents to MHC which includes my sf -50.
      On another note I just did 1.60 m in 16 mins. Never thought I would enjoy running.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY2SD View Post
        Well I called MHC to find out about how long it may take for all of my pre employment process to be transferred to the new 15-2 announcement since I decided to reapply for geo change. I was told I would have to take the exam again since they won't accept the 13-2 NOR. It sucks because I did everything in the process and I'm in TSU for JFK. Has there been anyone who's been in this scenario? I'm just wondering how long would it take to get called again for the offer again in the new geo location.
        I'm in the same boat, I reapplied on 15-2 to change geo, but I will jus take the job to wherever it is in NE and take the exam and go to the academy. The goal is that after I'm done with the academy I will report back to the desired port instead of back where I did my pre-academy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Pisan217- I hope it works out for you. I would've done the same, but I'm going to live in southwest region,so I will be patient and wait for that opportunity for San ysidro. I'm just wanting to see if there's anyone who has been in my situation, reapplied and got the call .

Comment

• I'm officially out. Got an email saying my background was found to be unfavorable without an explanation; needless to say I'm upset. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCSU2014 View Post
              I'm officially out. Got an email saying my background was found to be unfavorable without an explanation; needless to say I'm upset. Good luck to everyone.
              How far along were you? You hadn't gotten the call or at pre-academy correct? I've heard of this happening. Did you quit your current job?

Comment

• Just got out of the pft 2. I passed! There were 20 of us. I say at least 12 were going to be at Jfk. Several at Newark. One guy had to go to the hospital after the sprint, I hope he is alright and gets to test again. I believe most passed may be 1 ot 2 who didn't. To clddriver your elbows must break plane of your knees. They were somewhat lax on form for example on push-ups I saw some that could have gone down way further but o well. I'm mad at my time of 13.50. My last two fitness tests were 13.20 and 12.14 respectively but allergies have been horrendous. Everyone was friendly but I already spotted some of those real jokers. I hope they take it seriously during Academy and after.

Comment

• DK well done!

What was the hardest part? Did people walk part of the 1.5? I've heard of ppl running 4 laps and walking 100 m and the running the rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                    DK well done!

What was the hardest part? Did people walk part of the 1.5? I've heard of ppl running 4 laps and walking 100 m and the running the rest.

The 1.5 was the hardest for me because running is my weakness. Push-ups easiest. Everyone got around 27-45 on sprint. I hit 32 so. I was pleased. Important for. Harpers Ferry is the track is around a beautiful Lake. It's not straight or 100% flat but proctor did give advice of when to run on inside or outside. Yes some walked for a bit. I jogged 99% probably walked for 10 seconds but just don't give up. Also the you stop you at the exact number for push-ups and sit ups

Comment

• Good info, good they stop you so you don't tire yourself doing when not sure if the 17 where good.

How many laps to the 1.50? If is a 400m then 6. But you said is around a lake so one cannot track laps for example I always increase speed on lap 5 and 6

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                        Good info, good they stop you so you don't tire yourself doing when not sure if the 17 where good.

How many laps to the 1.50? If is a 400m then 6. But you said is around a lake so one cannot track laps for example I always increase speed on lap 5 and 6

It's 4 laps passed the finish line since you start passed it. So when you get to line and you say your name and 4 you are done.

Comment

• Ok so each lap is a lap and a half on a regular track.

Since 1.5 miles is 2,400 meters, then 2,400/4= 600 which is one lap and half on a regular track.

Comment

• make sure to start the 1.5 m by jogging slowly, gradually increasing the speed, forget if everyone charges fast. Did this for a different agency and started running fast in the beginning and gassed after about lap 4... Passed but was cramping up horribly (12 minutes)
                            Last edited by thaiboxing87; 05-15-2015, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thaiboxing87 View Post
                              make sure to start the 1.5 m by jogging slowly, gradually increasing the speed, forget if everyone charges fast. Did this for a different agency and started running fast in the beginning and gassed after about lap 4... Passed but was cramping up horribly
                              I definitely agree with that. I paced my self from the beginning. No point in sprinting off when we aren't racing each other. I tend to sprint right at the end when I see the finish, gives me the extra motivation.

Comment

• Yeah I always start easy. This 1.5 is not a sprint and an easy jog takes you bet 13:00-14:30 max

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10223 users online. 504 members and 9719 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X