Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would someone mind explaining the difference between a CBPO and a CBPO(e).

thanks
    ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
    Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
    March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
    July 09 Oral Board
    Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
    Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
      Would someone mind explaining the difference between a CBPO and a CBPO(e).

thanks

Well...I'll leave it up to a CBPO-E to explain his position.

Essentially though, a CBPO-E is an unfettered one.

Or...to put it another way, a CBPO-E job is a CBPO position in which one is allowed much more leeway in developing the CBPO position towards it's full potential.

Comment

• Anyone been to FLETC recently? Did you get your locality pay while you were there? Or do they bump you down to the regular GS rate without locality pay?

Comment

• Originally posted by nasapso234 View Post
          Anyone been to FLETC recently? Did you get your locality pay while you were there? Or do they bump you down to the regular GS rate without locality pay?
          While you are at FLETC you'll be on temporary duty there. Your pay will come from your home port. You'll get paid at FLETC whatever locality pay your home port offers.

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
            Would someone mind explaining the difference between a CBPO and a CBPO(e).

thanks
            To clarify things abit further:

The CBPO-E position was created by CBP (and legacy agencies) because of the need to have a few CBPO's do things like prosecutions and investigations. Prosecutions and investigations require "LEO" status, so the decision was to 'promote' a few CBPO's into the 'new' job, rather than to just make everyone "LEO's" and under 12D/6C retirement.

Now that eneryone is covered under 12D/6C, either by "LEO" status or "enhanced CBPO" status, who knows where the position will end up.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
              As I remember it was listed as the modified background investigation statement and it was only one page long. Are you sure you just didn't miss it going through the packet?
              im positive there is no form in the packet listed as the modified background investigation statement. but again, there is a "provisional clear background investigation statement of understanding" form.

Comment

• CBP Enforcement Officers are defined as law enforcement officers under 12(d) whereas CBP Officers are not. Both now have the same retirement, but a CBPOE is specifically designated a LE officer under the law.
                What a CBPOE does is different at every location. At some ports, CBPOE's do nothing extra and continue to do basic CBPO work. At other's, they are responsible for more complicated cases. Where I work, CBPOE's do any type of investigation they can...Sometime too much since in most cases they are limited to the phone, fax, mail, email, and their imagination to complete an invesitgation/prosecution case.

Comment

• Thanks for the info! I assume its 40 hours a week?

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  While you are at FLETC you'll be on temporary duty there. Your pay will come from your home port. You'll get paid at FLETC whatever locality pay your home port offers.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasapso234 View Post
                    Thanks for the info! I assume its 40 hours a week?

As far as I know...yes. Mon.-Fri. 0730-1630. 1 hour off for lunch some time midday.

Sometimes, in order to push people out quicker they run classes 6 days a week with folks working Sat. on 8hrs. 2X OT. Depending on when you'll be going, you might run into a 6 day schedule

Comment

• Merlin,
                      I am over 37 but my SF-50 states in box 30 that I am under "M" coverage and not 12d or 6c. Where would I fall. I was also 1896 and not an 1895 series. Basically a BPA for a short period of time. We will see soon if I can still continue the CBPO process.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        Sometimes, in order to push people out quicker they run classes 6 days a week with folks working Sat. on 8hrs. 2X OT. Depending on when you'll be going, you might run into a 6 day schedule
                        Maybe you or a recent graduate of FLETC might know this, but how is doing a 6 days a week scheduled out? Is it strictly done when the budget has room for it or when they are in dire need of bodies at ports at a particular time? Or do they just decide that a range of classes will be moving along quicker than others?
                        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by FLA22 View Post
                          Merlin,
                          I am over 37 but my SF-50 states in box 30 that I am under "M" coverage and not 12d or 6c. Where would I fall. I was also 1896 and not an 1895 series. Basically a BPA for a short period of time. We will see soon if I can still continue the CBPO process.
                          How much older than 37 are you?
                          When did you get apply?
                          When did you get your TO?
                          How long were you a PA? Did you ever hold another 12D/6C covered position?

I'll have to look into what "M" in box 30 means.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                            Maybe you or a recent graduate of FLETC might know this, but how is doing a 6 days a week scheduled out? Is it strictly done when the budget has room for it or when they are in dire need of bodies at ports at a particular time? Or do they just decide that a range of classes will be moving along quicker than others?
                            From what I've seen, it's done to punch out the maximum numbers of Officers.
                            I suppose they could do it for whatever reason they want. Obviously, the budget needs to be able to accomodate it.

Back in 03-04 it was done more often. Of course, back in those days it was CBP's position that they needn't pay OT for extra hours under 'training status'. Officers waited 2-3 years for that to battle itself out but eventually most folks received back OT for the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitthelights View Post
                              Tomorrow marks 105 days in the scheduling unit
                              Don't feel too bad... I got you beat: 147 days for me. Also Nov '07 tester.
                              "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• so... In my ninth week here for CBP and I get the call for IEA... Isn't that just wonderful.
                                Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                                Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                                Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11779 users online. 379 members and 11400 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X