300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
    No one is going to be getting jealous and much less kicking you out. Like I said, some will bust your balls but mostly out of fun. You should expect this anyway as this is academy life pretty much everywhere and why you always hear the term "thick skin". You'll be the one making the final decision on the outcome. Like I said, BP academy is awesome if you can get through PT and ignore all the yelling and mind games. With the name Pastelon, I assume you are Puerto Rican and speak Spanish so you won't need to stick around for the Spanish.

Just curious, did you notice a difference during your oral interview for BP and OFO? Not the questions, I know they are completely different, but the actual environment, attitude and demeanor of both panels?
    Besides the questions being completely different, I would say that BP seemed more strict in terms of environment, kind of military like feeling and attitude while OFO seemed more relaxed. Both very professional IMO. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Question for only those who have taken the poly. Has anyone been told they had failed the polygraph? If so can you tell me what to expect next? I'm assuming that's the end of the line. Not seeking info about nor will I disclose info about the test itself. I just want to know what will happen next and what options are there if you feel that you were 100% honest and the test revealed otherwise. I know now from personal experience that the poly cannot be accurate...I answered truthfully the questions I was asked. This is just my personal opinion based on experience. Either you pass and you are truthful or you pass and you are a great liar...either way CBP is still hiring a great % of great liars so the polygraph is not accurate.
      CBPO ANNOUNCEMENT: 14-2
      GEO LOC: FLORIDA & CARIBBEAN
      ACK LETTER: 25 JULY 2014
      WRITTEN EXAM: 17 SEPT 2014
      NOR: RATING 93 W/ 5 VET PTS
      TSL: 09 JAN 2015
      VBT/SI: PASS
      MEDICAL: PASS
      FITNESS TEST 1: PASS
      POLY: FAIL 12 MAY 2015 (1ST)
      BI: PENDING IN CASS

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
        Besides the questions being completely different, I would say that BP seemed more strict in terms of environment, kind of military like feeling and attitude while OFO seemed more relaxed. Both very professional IMO. Hope this helps.
        That's what I was getting at as I've been through both as well. Although I'm new to the OFO process and will soon experience their academy firsthand, I've worked around enough Officers to see the difference in environment. OFO is more welcoming, friendly and open where BP is standoffish, cold and simply a difficult environment. And it's like this well after the academy until you finally "board out", finsih with post academy and off probation. At which point, you'll see that the majority of Agents are really great and PROUD group of guys and gals that you'll enjoy getting sent out on assignments with.

Comment

That's what I was getting at as I've been through both as well. Although I'm new to the OFO process and will soon experience their academy firsthand, I've worked around enough Officers to see the difference in environment. OFO is more welcoming, friendly and open where BP is standoffish, cold and simply a difficult environment. And it's like this well after the academy until you finally "board out", finsih with post academy and off probation. At which point, you'll see that the majority of Agents are really great and PROUD group of guys and gals that you'll enjoy getting sent out on assignments with.
          One former Border agent I know said it was the worst place he has worked but to each his own. Everyone will fit in and enjoy different positions and there are always those who won't like their place. I met CIA and Secret Service agents who hate their jobs, the grass isn't always greener. So I guess the tough part is finding the spot where you love what you do. As of know, I just thank God I have a job since I know how hard it is to get hired.

Comment

It's the nature of the respective beasts...so to speak.

BP is a much more LE driven, younger, more physical, more testosterone fueled agency that has the benefit of being 90% employed along the southern border and having a narrower and more focused mission.

OFO, on the other hand, is far more aligned towards the facilitation of trade and travel...with a focus on LE duties when and where appropriate. We're far more likely to be female. We're far more likely to be older, more experienced, and less fit. We're much more eclectic, more into thought over action and are significantly more likely to possess a 4-year degree or higher.

Having said that, the positions seem to take more and more steps towards closing the gaps between them each year.

What it means in the long-term and as a future...who knows? Fifteen years ago it would have been the only the people on the outermost fringe who would have seen any sort of future like that created in the post 9/11, DHS, CBP world.

Comment

• Hello all ! question for those that have received the "call" was it a number from your own area code? or from the central hiring center. missed a call and I was left a VM but didnt hear it until after business hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
                Sure no prob. From my best memory

Exam 14-2 June 2014 I believe

Tentitive offer 9/2014
                Medical/Fitness 9/2014
                VBT/SI 10/14
                Medical resubmitted can't remember time frame , but toke 6 to 8 months to clear.
                Polygraph 2/15
                BI interview 4/15
                Background cleared 5/15
                EOD 6/1/15
                JFK

Sure no prob
                thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by mariosa83 View Post
                  Hello all ! question for those that have received the "call" was it a number from your own area code? or from the central hiring center. missed a call and I was left a VM but didnt hear it until after business hours.
                  It would be from MHC.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                    It would be from MHC.
                    Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariosa83 View Post
                      Thank you.
                      It was a 952 number (MHC) who called me for my EOD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apparently, the IA told me I had failed two days ago half way through the process. I was 100% honest...WTH??? I personally know now that these tests cannot always be accurate...has to be subjective! You cannot tell me that there are honest people who do not fail or that dishonest ones do not pass! In my case, I was nervous and maybe my subconcious made my body react physiologically to questions being afraid about the machine...who knows! I was thinking about my kids and wife and the fact that in 9 months I will get out of Army Active Duty and wanted a profession in line with what I was doing for the military.

For those who are going to go through...don't be scared and be honest! I was nervous and it just didn't workout for me! I believe in faith and God...it was not meant to be at that time.

I'll wait for the final response back and move on from there. If CBP will allow me to reapply all over again...I will. I think it's a great job if you have integrity and will always do the right thing!

Good luck guys! Stay positive and don't be emotional like me...it really petrified me the moment I was advised about the outcome but it's not the end of the line!
                        CBPO ANNOUNCEMENT: 14-2
                        GEO LOC: FLORIDA & CARIBBEAN
                        ACK LETTER: 25 JULY 2014
                        WRITTEN EXAM: 17 SEPT 2014
                        NOR: RATING 93 W/ 5 VET PTS
                        TSL: 09 JAN 2015
                        VBT/SI: PASS
                        MEDICAL: PASS
                        FITNESS TEST 1: PASS
                        POLY: FAIL 12 MAY 2015 (1ST)
                        BI: PENDING IN CASS

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
                          Yep highest they can go is 7 step 10
                          Have you received documentation noting your 7, step 10? I'm just wondering when I will see this or get conformation on what step I will be given. Soon after the call, I received the email reminding me to keep my ***** in shape for the pft2 as well as requesting me to provide HR contact information for my current federal employment as well as prior. I assume this is to verify my SF-50 information and make the final decision on what step to put me at. I would just like to finally see this on paper so I'm not guessing.

Comment

• Well I called MHC to find out about how long it may take for all of my pre employment process to be transferred to the new 15-2 announcement since I decided to reapply for geo change. I was told I would have to take the exam again since they won't accept the 13-2 NOR. It sucks because I did everything in the process and I'm in TSU for JFK. Has there been anyone who's been in this scenario? I'm just wondering how long would it take to get called again for the offer again in the new geo location.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY2SD View Post
                              Well I called MHC to find out about how long it may take for all of my pre employment process to be transferred to the new 15-2 announcement since I decided to reapply for geo change. I was told I would have to take the exam again since they won't accept the 13-2 NOR. It sucks because I did everything in the process and I'm in TSU for JFK. Has there been anyone who's been in this scenario? I'm just wondering how long would it take to get called again for the offer again in the new geo location.
                              A friend of mine had to go through the same thing. You took the old written/paper test correct? Now they will only use the computer test and I've seen that noted in all the recent announcements directed towards anyone considering reapplying.

Comment

• CZ kid- yeah , I took the old written exam ,my announcement was 13-2 for JFK. A lot of events in my life led me to make the decision in changing location, so I'm pretty firm about the location change to San ysidro 15-2 announcement. The lady I spoke to did say everything I've done in the process would transfer over unless it expired in which It didn't. My medical, pft-1, vbt, poly and background have been under a year so far.

To anyone who has reapplied, how long did it take to get the call for the offer ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8911 users online. 432 members and 8479 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X