300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
    That is not true. There no accurate average time but I had to say, I'd say 1-9 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well I can tell that mine took 7 weeks after I passed my VBT and SI, my friend's Poly took 8 weeks after his VBT and SI, so I support what I just said because that's what happened to me and other people so yes "IT IS TRUE"
    CBPO 14-3

Geo: Central East Coast
    Tested: 11/20/2014
    NOR: 1/12/15 (94 W Vet Points)
    Tentative Select: 1/23/15
    Medical & PFT1: 2/17/15
    VBT & SI: 3/19/15
    Eqip Submitted: 3/20/15 in security office
    Poly: 5/4/2015 (Passed)

Comment

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
      What is the time frame between vbt,si and poly?
      I think if you look at people's signature's with information you can get a good basis for it. I encourage you to update your signature so you can help share information for everyone's benefit. Everyone should be doing that so we all have the information

Originally posted by LadyP86 View Post
      OK thanks for the update. I just emailed them hopefully I'll get one soon. Do you have anything scheduled soon?
      I have nothing scheduled as of now and have not heard anything since May 1.
      USSS Uniformed Division
      04/30/15 Applied to Announcement
      06/18/15 Received Notice To Take POST Exam
      06/22/15 POST Exam
      07/02/15 Passed POST
      07/17/15 SUPER Interview
      09/03/15 COE

Comment

• Originally posted by JH2015 View Post
        I think if you look at people's signature's with information you can get a good basis for it. I encourage you to update your signature so you can help share information for everyone's benefit. Everyone should be doing that so we all have the information

I have nothing scheduled as of now and have not heard anything since May 1.
        This is my opinion but I disagree. Everyone keeps asking how long for this, when is this, etc. Everyone is different and by worrying when and how long each step takes it only makes you more nervous and worried. Do one step, complete it, then wait. That's the way it works. When you get the next update you get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JH2015 View Post
          I was hoping someone could help my understanding with the PFT1 sit ups. I am curious how strict the test administrators are with the form. I have been practicing and I have noticed that sometimes when I am coming up, my knees will widen rather than stay touching each other. Are they very strict with the form on it? I have been working hard on improving my push ups and sit ups but want to make sure I am doing it all correctly
          I think the PFT1 is mostly administered by a private health companies (?), so they're not as strict as CBP proctors. For the PFT2 that will be administered by BP/CBP proctors, the rules they have for situps are that your entire back needs to hit the mat/floor when you come down, you cannot buck your hips up to help you, your elbows need to pass/touch midway of your knees (either on top or outer sides), and your hands need to cup your ears or have fingers interlaced behind your head.

Honestly, the hardest part of the PFT1 was the darn step test. Stepping in cadence for 5 straight minutes: up, up, down, down on the raised platform. Physically it's not hard, but it gets boring really fast which might make you miss a step. I do recommend practicing on your own, it does help. Although, I heard from another person that their proctor just walked out of the room during this test, so it depends who you get.

For pushups you need to keep your feet together and back straight. The depth of the pushup will be measured by a 4" foam block that needs to hit your sternum/between the nips. During the PFT2 they make you tuck in your shirt so they can see clearly if you're going down far enough. If you're having trouble w/ depth highly recommend making your own block or buying a 4" yoga block which is what they used during my tests.

Originally posted by DConn View Post
          Does anyone know what order they do each test for the PFT2 (220 yard run, 1.5 mile run, situps, and pushups)? Also, any pointers on how to make sure I'm at my best for the PFT2, mainly the 1.5 mile run (besides the regular run training I do)? Thanks.
          From my my recent PFT2 scheduling letter:
          1. 220-yard run - must be completed in 50 seconds or less
          2. Sit-ups - 25 proper form must be completed in one minute
          3. Push-ups - 17 proper form must be completed in one minute
          4. 1.5-mile run - must be completed in 17 minutes and 15 seconds or less

Have someone proctor the entire test for you so you know what it feels like all together. I had about a 5 min break between each test. Do this as many times you can, but rest the day before your actual test.

The actual fitness test you do 3 times at FLETC is:
          1. 220 yard run – must complete a 220 yard run in 45 seconds or less.
          2. Sit-and-reach – must be able to reach 12.5 inches (3 attempts).
          3. Pushups – must complete 24 repetitions in 1 minute or less.
          4. 1.5 Mile Run – must be completed in 15:00 minutes or less.

So if you want to push yourself, you can do this test instead (include the situps though) and be completely prepared for the PFT2 and FLETC.
          Last edited by cosi42; 05-07-2015, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• I didn't know there is a sit and reach, that's my weakness. I must prepare now.

Comment

• @JH2015 Also, I forgot. For the situps usually the proctor will hold your ankles, so I'd advice keeping your knees together, haha.

Originally posted by dkman View Post
              I didn't know there is a sit and reach, that's my weakness. I must prepare now.
              I'm not 100% sure what they use to measure the sit and reach, but my dad went to FLETC a while back and described something like this:
              hqdefault.jpg

I think as long as you can touch your toes and a little beyond you're okay.
              Last edited by cosi42; 05-07-2015, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Hello all. I am part of the 15-1 hiring group and recently got my email that I passed and have been tentatively selected to continue in the hiring process. Surprisingly, I got a 95 on the test and waiting to hear what the next step will be. How does the score impact hiring? Does it just mean that the higher you score the faster you are to be scheduled for other parts of the hiring process? Thanks
                BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
                  Yeah I failed, no offer of a retest. I have now taken 4 polys; Passed 2 and failed 2. That should give everyone an idea of how reliable they are.
                  Wow. That's crazy. that poly, smh...

Comment

• Does anybody have the scheduling unit's phone number or email address please?
                    I look for in Google, I found a lot of emails and phones but I'm not sure which one is for the scheduling unit. Thanka in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by milperil View Post
                      Does anybody have the scheduling unit's phone number or email address please?
                      I look for in Google, I found a lot of emails and phones but I'm not sure which one is for the scheduling unit. Thanka in advance!
                      952-857-2900 is generic number

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                        I believe those numbers are for the fitness test needed to graduate academy not the one before, pft 2. Though everyone should be training for that one anyways.
                        This link is for the PFT2 for Border Patrol Agents... Not CBP officers. Their standards are just a tad higher than CBPO's. I believe it's my understanding based on the emails that MHC has given me that CBP requires 25 situps in one minute... 15 pushups in a minute, and 1.5 mile run in 17.5 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                          952-857-2900 is generic number
                          OK thank you Very much!

Comment

• Originally posted by hello_reason View Post
                            This link is for the PFT2 for Border Patrol Agents... Not CBP officers. Their standards are just a tad higher than CBPO's. I believe it's my understanding based on the emails that MHC has given me that CBP requires 25 situps in one minute... 15 pushups in a minute, and 1.5 mile run in 17.5 minutes.
                            PT is not hard if you are in shape. If not you might have hard time at the academy. Just work hard as you can. I mean you know your limits and push it over your limits. Because thats probably they are going to do.

Comment

• Checked Cass today, to my surprise a nice green check listed as background has been completed. So happy that part is over and done with. My BI submitted my case top of April, Tomm would have made a month. I guess my current federal Leo background check helped speed up the process.
                              Soon as I got to my car, I was greeted to a message for what I guess is the drug screening and for me to set up a date to go in. ~Blessed~
                              Last edited by Thecldriver; 05-07-2015, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Tried logging into CASS just now to see if anything changed and I got this (mind you I have logged in successfully dozens of times before):

"Your SSN and Application ID(s) were not found in the database. Please try again. Remember, this service only applies to applicants that applied for an entry level position with the Department of Homeland Security."

Anyone else ever have this? Makes me a little nervous...
                                CBPO 14-3 Central East Coast Region

Applied 10/3/14
                                Exam 12/6/14
                                NOR 1/12/15 (Passed, 90)
                                TS 1/23/15
                                Medical/PFT1 3/12/15 (Passed PFT)
                                TSL Packet Received 3/20/15 Submitted 3/25/15
                                VBT/SI 4/6/15 (Passed)
                                TSL "In security office" 4/8/15
                                Polygraph Inconclusive 4/27/15
                                Second Polygraph awaiting the wrath (or mercy!) of QC 5/27/15
                                Removed from consideration due to "unfavorable polygraph" 7/9/15

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13024 users online. 488 members and 12536 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X