Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Worry About Timelines new posters!!!!

Yoda and a few others know my situation. I have been "in the process" for three years now. Once a year, they "loose" my package and I am not in "both systems" I know have 3 TO's. But, I have never met the BI. BUT ------ I got a call on Thursday that my BI wants to meet on Tuesday. He has to have my BI done before November 1st. I guess the brain storming sessions Yoda and I have had are finally working.

So to the new posters, keep reading and stop wondering when it is all going to happen.

YODA !!!!!! GOOD LUCK MAN ON YOUR NOPA, GLAD YOU FINALLY FINISHED.

Comment

• Question on sending in my pre employment forms.

So I noticed that the check list for my pre employment forms does not include all the forms in the packet of forms they sent me. I am required to send in all the forms listed on MY checklist and not every single form that came with the packet is that correct? I just want to make sure that I dont screw this up. Also, it is asking for an original and three copies of the Modified Background Investigation Statement but I can not locate this form anywhere in my packet. It is listed separate from the e-qip online application but i do have a form titled "Provisional Clear Background Investigation Statement of Understanding. Is that what it is referring to?

Comment

• [QUOTE=JRizEJ6;1464964]So I noticed that the check list for my pre employment forms does not include all the forms in the packet of forms they sent me. I am required to send in all the forms listed on MY checklist and not every single form that came with the packet is that correct? [QUOTE]
        You only need to fill out the forms and make copies of the forms on your checklist. There are forms in the packet that you do not fill out.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedpolice View Post
          You will not receive a letter, unless you get a NOPA. Your status will change in CASS, but most of the time it will be updated on the phone line before it updates in CASS. You also could be offered an "interim clearance" and it clear quicker than normal. Hope this answers your questions.
          It did answer my question and thank you very much for the reply

Comment

• Tomorrow marks 105 days in the scheduling unit
            CBP Officer
            Newark, NJ

Comment

• Originally posted by hitthelights View Post
              Tomorrow marks 105 days in the scheduling unit
              That is crazy. I haven't met a single person going to Newark, plenty to JFK though.

Comment

• Can anyone shed some light into the new LEO coverage? Is the new 6(c) coverage just for retirement or are 1895 series now covered? I'm going back and forth with people at my port. Even sup's are giving conflicting stories. I want to apply for an Enforcement position and people are telling me I'm too old to apply. My argument is that if we got the coverage it should not matter that I'm over 37 or 40 whatever the age limit is. Who's gonna' tackle this one.
                MANGIE2K

Comment

• Are you currently a CPB Officer? IF so, when you EOD and if you were under the age limit, then on your SF-50 it would state whether or not 6c was started or not! For 6C in the past the max age was bumped to 37, so if you are over that, no you most likely will not be 6c, but check with your HR or Union.
                  "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• does anybody know how the academy has change
                    are there new requirements on any of the pt courses
                    thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                      I have a question about locality pay. I'm going to be stationed in Maine and there is a table for "FOR THE LOCALITY PAY AREA OF BOSTON-WORCESTER-MANCHESTER, MA-NH-RI-ME" I first assumed that this meant the whole state of Maine received this pay, but then saw there were only a few cities located on the definitions page, none of which have POEs. Does this mean I would fall under the "Rest of the U.S." scale?
                      You fall under the rest of the US scale.
                      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mangie2k View Post
                        Can anyone shed some light into the new LEO coverage? Is the new 6(c) coverage just for retirement or are 1895 series now covered? I'm going back and forth with people at my port. Even sup's are giving conflicting stories. I want to apply for an Enforcement position and people are telling me I'm too old to apply. My argument is that if we got the coverage it should not matter that I'm over 37 or 40 whatever the age limit is. Who's gonna' tackle this one.
                        As I understand it when we received the 6(c) our "6(c) clock" stopped. If you were over the age limit for the position you are applying for then you would not qualify. I read something a bit confusing in the recent CBPO(E) announcement. It appeared that as long as you are a current CBPO with 6(c) retirement then you would qualify for the CBPO(E) position. I would contact HR though to make sure.
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Fedcop...

Thanks for lending me a helping hand through all of this!... I hope you meet your investigator and get it over and done with

Right now I feel somewhat back in the process, in a weird way... I have to redo my Med/Fit tomorrow (since a year has gone by already), and have to send out my NOPA response letter with supporting documents by Wed... My response letter came out to be 9 pages long (I do hope it is enough to finally clear and move on)...

Yes, it seems like quite a few newbies here simply post without looking for an answer on previous postings....but hey... I've been saying the same thing for months and it keeps happening

Good Luck to all the guys doing their VBT's this coming week... Remember to use common sense, and always keep a customer service mindset. That's the best and only advice on it I or anyone else can give you
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
                            it is asking for an original and three copies of the Modified Background Investigation Statement but I can not locate this form anywhere in my packet. It is listed separate from the e-qip online application but i do have a form titled "Provisional Clear Background Investigation Statement of Understanding. Is that what it is referring to?
                            Any help?

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
                              Any help?
                              As I remember it was listed as the modified background investigation statement and it was only one page long. Are you sure you just didn't miss it going through the packet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mangie2k View Post
                                Can anyone shed some light into the new LEO coverage? Is the new 6(c) coverage just for retirement or are 1895 series now covered? I'm going back and forth with people at my port. Even sup's are giving conflicting stories. I want to apply for an Enforcement position and people are telling me I'm too old to apply. My argument is that if we got the coverage it should not matter that I'm over 37 or 40 whatever the age limit is. Who's gonna' tackle this one.
                                Where to begin...?

First, unless you are a person hired in the early 80's or before, there's no way to have 6C coverage. For virtually everyone, including new hires, we're talking of 12D coverage.

Second, we don't have 'LEO' coverage. We have 'enhanced CBPO coverage'...whatever that means. They are equivalent coverages, but ours wasn't derived from our 'LEO' status. We are not "LEO's" as defined under either retirement, we were added on to 5USC8412(d) and 5UCS8336(c) as a class separate from 'LEO's', much the same as the Supreme Court Police and the Capitol Police are.

As far as your problem goes...

Since you're over they age of 37, I serious doubt that management will agree with your view on applying your new coverage towards a CBPO-E job. If you have previous coverage from another 12D/6C covered job you worked in the past, you most likely could use that to extend your clock, but I don't think that's the case with you.

Contact the union though...I'd love to know they're take on it.

Personally, I think if one had a boatload of cash to throw at it, a good case could be made at least for the folks under 37. Both series are 1895 and both coverages are equivalent now.

A related question to this, and one which no one I've talked to seems to have a good answer to:
                                "Can a current, pre-07/08 hired CBPO-E leave his 'LEO' covered positon sometime before his mandated retirement at 57 and return to the ranks of 'enhanced CBPO retirement' CBPO's, thereby avoiding forced retirement and allowing him to work as long as he wants?"

If he can, then I'd say your case for movement into the CBPO-E job post age 37 is somewhat strengthened.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8565 users online. 432 members and 8133 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X