300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scorp58 View Post
    I have my medical and fitness tests scheduled for next week. How long are these tests? Do I need to take the day off of work or can it be done in an hour or so?
    Mine was also just over an hour. No drug test yet. Went through everything back to back with no waiting. They said they do about five of them a day.

Comment

• Evoc

Originally posted by nasapso234 View Post
      Does any one know where I can find a list of everything they teach in FLETC? I am trying to figure out if they do EVOC?

You will not get EVOC. You will drive around for an afternoon responding to calls from dispatch, but that evolution is more a judgement shoot exercise than a driving course.

There had been a "no pursuit" policy at the POE in the past. Pursuit beyond the POE was the realm of BP, so there was no need for EVOC. CBP policy has evolved only recently to allow for properly trained officer/drivers (and a back-up officer) to pursue port runners and absconders. I completed B/U officer training just today. We told to expect driver training by Dec/Jan. Should be a nice change from, "Que trae? Goodbye."
      ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
        You will not get EVOC. You will drive around for an afternoon responding to calls from dispatch, but that evolution is more a judgement shoot exercise than a driving course.

There had been a "no pursuit" policy at the POE in the past. Pursuit beyond the POE was the realm of BP, so there was no need for EVOC. CBP policy has evolved only recently to allow for properly trained officer/drivers (and a back-up officer) to pursue port runners and absconders. I completed B/U officer training just today. We told to expect driver training by Dec/Jan. Should be a nice change from, "Que trae? Goodbye."

You lucky dog you!
        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC3537 View Post
          My medical cleared in September because I had a NOPA, and my BI in April or so. I just took my drug test last month also, so everything should be good for those.
          I also just got my letter for my VBT today. I'm taking it on Nov. 4th. Movin' along...
          Awesome, looks like you shouldn't worry then. Hopefully you and I will get called before the year is over!

Not holding my breath though.

EDIT: My official VBT letter came in the mail today, I'll be at SFO's cargo facility.
          Last edited by sap123; 10-24-2008, 09:45 PM.
          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC3537 View Post
            My medical cleared in September because I had a NOPA, and my BI in April or so. I just took my drug test last month also, so everything should be good for those.
            I also just got my letter for my VBT today. I'm taking it on Nov. 4th. Movin' along...
            Did you get a phone call for the drug test? or by mail?
            CBPO- Hawaii
            Written: 07/31/08
            TO: 09/23/08
            Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
            Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
            Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
            Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
            VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
            BI: Completed (2/19/09)
            Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
            Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
            TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• I don't know the exact time frame. Applied in Jan 08. Took the written in Feb. NOR in like April. Then didn't hear anything for ever. Then in July I think got the cond. offer. Took my medical, and VBT in like 3 weeks. I took my VBT in Oakland. The kind of ****ed me off. Cause I Showed up early. Then had to sit around for 2 and half hours while they found out who I was suppose to meet with. But what ever I passed. And I didn't have a choice when I got the call. They said SFO was it. Don't sweat it. VBT was a breeze. Good luck! Let me know if you have an more question about it.

Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
              Hey can you please give me your time line?

Also, did they give you a choice for either Oakland or SFO? I am scheduled for VBT at Oakland, but I listed SFO as my geographic preference, does that mean Oakland would probably be the place of my EOD? I think I am just worrying too much.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. B/U stands for what? Back up officer training?

Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post

Comment

• Expiration of medical, physical

To ALL,

I have a question, well after almost 2 years in the process I have finally been referred to the scheduling and training unit!!!! Hallalluya!!!! This is a good example of being patient and not bugging them!! APPLICANTS YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!! But enough preaching!!! Now onto my question..

I believe my medical/physical expires in either NOV/DEC. I realize that I have to redo my medical/physical, but what about my background. I just recently cleared the BI (11 months after meeting with the BI). I called MHC about my medical/physical having to be redone, they told me I would have to contact Training and Scheduling. I guess I have to do the step test again and see a doc again, correct? Should I contact training and scheduling or will they send you something in the mail? As far as the BI goes, don't they just pull your credit again? I have the phone number to Training and Scheduling, does anyone have the email address?

Brother Yoda, how are doing with your NOPA!!! I haven't heard from you in awhile. Send me a PM!!!

Fedpolice
                  Last edited by fedpolice; 10-25-2008, 09:36 AM. Reason: left text of post out

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                    You lucky dog you!

Wooof.

sigpic

Comment

• Just a quick question. How do you know when your BI is complete. Do they send you a letter in the mail like the other steps or does it just change in CASS?

Comment

• Originally posted by nasapso234 View Post
                        B/U stands for what? Back up officer training?
                        Affirm. The "official" term for the back-up is "pursuit passenger", but I like to refer to it as Co-pilot.

sigpic

Comment

• I have a question about locality pay. I'm going to be stationed in Maine and there is a table for "FOR THE LOCALITY PAY AREA OF BOSTON-WORCESTER-MANCHESTER, MA-NH-RI-ME" I first assumed that this meant the whole state of Maine received this pay, but then saw there were only a few cities located on the definitions page, none of which have POEs. Does this mean I would fall under the "Rest of the U.S." scale?

Comment

Hello everyone this is my first post so I hope i did this right. But I just wanted to let everyone know I;ve been in the process since May 08 about 2 months ago I recieved A NOPR about my credit history I did what they asked responded in writing back to them. I have not heard back on my letter. I also was sent a letter stating they needed additional info from my DR for medical clearance about a month ago. I have not heard back on that yet. But Something good must have come about all my bumps in the road because I am meeting with the invistigator on wed 29 oct and he has already sceduled meetings with other contacts in my area that I had listed on my forms. so hopefully everything is cool now and wont be long till I here good news. On a different note Those of you who are going down to FLETC say Hi to Officer/Instuctor Lund for me not sure what they call them down in FLETC he is a relitive of mine he just got transfered down there in July from MI . Good luck everyone hope to see everyone get in.

Pre-Employment Forms :completed
                            Qualifications :completed
                            Medical Exam pending : You have been sent a letter requesting additional medical information.
                            Structured Interview: completed
                            Drug Screening :completed
                            Background Investigation ending Your case is in the security office.
                            Fitness completed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by fedpolice View Post
                              To ALL,

I have a question, well after almost 2 years in the process I have finally been referred to the scheduling and training unit!!!! Hallalluya!!!! This is a good example of being patient and not bugging them!! APPLICANTS YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!! But enough preaching!!! Now onto my question..

I believe my medical/physical expires in either NOV/DEC. I realize that I have to redo my medical/physical, but what about my background. I just recently cleared the BI (11 months after meeting with the BI). I called MHC about my medical/physical having to be redone, they told me I would have to contact Training and Scheduling. I guess I have to do the step test again and see a doc again, correct? Should I contact training and scheduling or will they send you something in the mail? As far as the BI goes, don't they just pull your credit again? I have the phone number to Training and Scheduling, does anyone have the email address?

Brother Yoda, how are doing with your NOPA!!! I haven't heard from you in awhile. Send me a PM!!!

Fedpolice

I'm in the same boat. Took the medical and physical on the same day, but my medical actually cleared later than the physical. So I only have to redo the fitness test on Monday.

So most likely you won't have to redo both, unless they cleared on the same day, which is unlikely.
                              ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                              Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                              March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                              July 09 Oral Board
                              Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                              Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by rjdispatch View Post
                                Just a quick question. How do you know when your BI is complete. Do they send you a letter in the mail like the other steps or does it just change in CASS?
                                You will not receive a letter, unless you get a NOPA. Your status will change in CASS, but most of the time it will be updated on the phone line before it updates in CASS. You also could be offered an "interim clearance" and it clear quicker than normal. Hope this answers your questions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11700 users online. 400 members and 11300 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X