300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DConn View Post
    I got the call yesterday and chose Sweet Grass, MT, which was the westernmost post offered in MT. EOD is June 1st and start at FLETC June 29th. I'm looking to find a place to stay in June in a nearby town (Sweet Grass doesn't look to be an option) and I found Shelby, Kevin, and Sunburst, but it still looks like slim pickins. Anyone ever worked at Sweet Grass or in that area, and can recommend a place to stay and ultimately rent?
    Thanks.
    Call Sweetgrass, explain your situation and ask for assistance.

Sweetgrass has government housing. Whether it would be available to you under your circumstances is unknown.

Sunburst is a hamlet of a few hundred people. Options are probably limited there.

Shelby is likely the best option. Cut Bank and Conrad would be a hour commute....in the best of weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
      Hey Milperil how have you been doing with your running training? Tested myself today and I was able to do 1.60 miles in 17 mins 53 sec at a pace of 11 miles/min.
      That's good. Last time I tested myself, I did very well. I always run two miles in less than 15 minutes. If you ran 1.6 in 17min53sec, I think you'll be able to do 1.5 in 16min or less.

Comment

• Finally!! Drug screen completed with green check.

Comment

• I was hoping someone could help my understanding with the PFT1 sit ups. I am curious how strict the test administrators are with the form. I have been practicing and I have noticed that sometimes when I am coming up, my knees will widen rather than stay touching each other. Are they very strict with the form on it? I have been working hard on improving my push ups and sit ups but want to make sure I am doing it all correctly
          USSS Uniformed Division
          04/30/15 Applied to Announcement
          06/18/15 Received Notice To Take POST Exam
          06/22/15 POST Exam
          07/02/15 Passed POST
          07/17/15 SUPER Interview
          09/03/15 COE

Comment

• Does anyone know what order they do each test for the PFT2 (220 yard run, 1.5 mile run, situps, and pushups)? Also, any pointers on how to make sure I'm at my best for the PFT2, mainly the 1.5 mile run (besides the regular run training I do)? Thanks.

Comment

• Drug test tomorrow! Things are moving along.
              I've been prepping for pft-2, does anyone have tips for the proper push-up form? Im having trouble keeping the proper form while going down far enough. Any tips are appreciated.

Comment

• They put a foam block under your chest and that is how far down you have to go for the pushups. As for the situps, I don't recall them being very strict on the form as long as your arms are in the right place and knees are bent.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                  Got the call. EOD 6/1 Fletc 6/29 JfK
                  I got the same EOD & FLETC start dates, but I'm going to Sweet Grass, MT. See you at FLETC.

Comment

Does anyone know what order they do each test for the PFT2 (220 yard run, 1.5 mile run, situps, and pushups)? Also, any pointers on how to make sure I'm at my best for the PFT2, mainly the 1.5 mile run (besides the regular run training I do)? Thanks.
                    Just google CBP PFT2 and you get to this webpage: http://www.cbp.gov/careers/join-cbp/...s/pft2-faq-bpa

"What fitness tests are included in the PFT-2 battery?

Four tests will be administered in the following order:

220 Yard Run - must complete in 46 seconds or less
                    Sit Ups - must complete 25 proper form in one minute
                    Push Ups -must complete 20 proper form in one minute
                    1.5 mile run - must complete in 15 minutes or less"
                    USSS Uniformed Division
                    04/30/15 Applied to Announcement
                    06/18/15 Received Notice To Take POST Exam
                    06/22/15 POST Exam
                    07/02/15 Passed POST
                    07/17/15 SUPER Interview
                    09/03/15 COE

Comment

• Originally posted by JH2015 View Post
                      Just google CBP PFT2 and you get to this webpage: http://www.cbp.gov/careers/join-cbp/...s/pft2-faq-bpa

"What fitness tests are included in the PFT-2 battery?

Four tests will be administered in the following order:

220 Yard Run - must complete in 46 seconds or less
                      Sit Ups - must complete 25 proper form in one minute
                      Push Ups -must complete 20 proper form in one minute
                      1.5 mile run - must complete in 15 minutes or less"
                      I believe those numbers are for the fitness test needed to graduate academy not the one before, pft 2. Though everyone should be training for that one anyways.

Comment

• Detroit

I'm 14-3Midwest. After looking at the new announcement and reading the past forums, I have a good chacne of having Detroit as my duty location. Anyone have any information as far as OT and the schedules there. Why are some ppl pasting it up without hesitation? Should I reconsider that location? I'm from the South never been up there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Hello to all applicants and CBP officers, long time lurker here. I'm an applicant from 13-2 for JFK, I finished the process and I'm referred to Scheduling Unit. I'm in a unique situation in which I'm sure someone here has been in. Me and my family made the decision to live in San Diego for a variety of personal reasons. I waited for the 15-2 announcement to reapply. I reapplied for location change on 4/27/15. Then the following day, who calls.....the scheduling unit! I got the conditional offer for JFK, but since I decided to change location and my wife is currently there in San Diego now with my child, she's trying to see if she's able to get her job back in NY, but it's a long shot. Fortunately the hiring unit told me of a deferrment for 30 days so I took that opportunity to see if either two things: 1) my wife can get her job back in NY and we will stick it out until I'm able to transfer once I'm on the job, or 2) my 15-2 application goes through and I'm able to switch locations. I have a lot of questions but to be very brief:
                          1) I completed everything within a year: background, polygraph,medicinal,pft-1 and e-quip and VBT/interview, does all of that transfer through the new announcement?
                          2) If I decide to just wait and reapply, how long will it take for Scheduling Unit to contact me for San Ysidro under new announcement?
                          3) if I decide to take the JFK offer , how long will I have to be on the job to request a transfer?
                          Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
                          My EOD was supposed to be June 1st .
                          I'm very grateful I got the offer and this is a career of a lifetime for me and I do NOT want to decline an offer. I'm just weighing out my options. Anyone who's been in this situation or any current CBPO please PM me or reply to this thread. Thank you all for your time, and good luck to all in the process and congrats to all who got the offer!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by milperil View Post
                            Mike, feel better. I'm in the FL geo and I have passed the poly in March.
                            Alright, then I guess there is just something between me and the machine. Better than just getting tossed to the side.

Congrats on passing! Can't say I am not jealous.
                            Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                            08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                            09/13/14 Written exam
                            10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                            1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                            2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                            2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                            2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                            4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                            4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• I got the Call as well EOD 6/1/15 FLETC 6/25/15

Comment

I got the same EOD & FLETC start dates, but I'm going to Sweet Grass, MT. See you at FLETC.
                                Hey, turn your PM on. Congrats on getting the call finally

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11034 users online. 402 members and 10632 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X