300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SDfed619 View Post
    Cost of living is a bit on the high side but you will make A LOT of money at SYS due to draft. San Ysidro probably has cooler weather (comparing other areas of Arizona). The beaches and close proximity to LA are good pros. Good luck on whichever port you choose.
    Was looking up apartments trying to get an idea and looks like i would be spending around 3k a month for something nice!! [emoji33]What is Draft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbudhu1 View Post
      Was looking up apartments trying to get an idea and looks like i would be spending around 3k a month for something nice!! [emoji33]What is Draft?

Wow I was looking at 1 bedrooms in Queens, NY and will have to pay around 1800-2000for something nice. I'm surprised it's that high near you.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
        Wow I was looking at 1 bedrooms in Queens, NY and will have to pay around 1800-2000for something nice. I'm surprised it's that high near you.
        Im afraid that ill be working just to pay rent in CA. But im still a young single and worried about not having a social life if i end up in AZ.

Comment

Im afraid that ill be working just to pay rent in CA. But im still a young single and worried about not having a social life if i end up in AZ.

I'm from NJ but I love California which probably has better social life and you are young, I would pick there if I had that choice.

Comment

• I am just wondering if when you received "the call", did you have to accept the report no later than date before finding out your location? I picked the Midwest for the main reason to be closer to home. However, if they give me a port that is a day away from my home town, it defeats my main purpose of wanting be hired. I will stick it out with my current federal job.

I do not mean to sound like I am complaining, I understand the basic process. However, when I got hired by my current job, they told me the station I was going to first. Then asked if I accepted the offer. It was easier use the 24 hours to discuss with my wife if she was ok with the port.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ski181 View Post
              Got the call. EOD June 1st in Derby Line Vermont
              I could of sold you a house there not to long ago. I hope you like snow.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by NateM View Post
                I am just wondering if when you received "the call", did you have to accept the report no later than date before finding out your location? I picked the Midwest for the main reason to be closer to home. However, if they give me a port that is a day away from my home town, it defeats my main purpose of wanting be hired. I will stick it out with my current federal job.

I do not mean to sound like I am complaining, I understand the basic process. However, when I got hired by my current job, they told me the station I was going to first. Then asked if I accepted the offer. It was easier use the 24 hours to discuss with my wife if she was ok with the port.
                When you get the call theyll let you know what your options are and youll have 24hrs to let them know if you accept or decline the offer.

Comment

When you get the call theyll let you know what your options are and youll have 24hrs to let them know if you accept or decline the offer.

Right... but if you're slow to respond, the offered ports may change or the dates may change.

For example, when I was offered my ports, I got back to them about an hour later and my EOD dropped to a month later.

YMMV

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowtrain View Post
                    Right... but if you're slow to respond, the offered ports may change or the dates may change.

For example, when I was offered my ports, I got back to them about an hour later and my EOD dropped to a month later.

YMMV
                    Wow thats crazy! I got back to them the next day and my dates were the same. I guess it comes down to where you applied and the needs...

Comment

• CBPO 14-3

Geo: Central East Coast
                      Tested: 11/20/2014
                      NOR: 1/12/15 (94 W Vet Points)
                      Tentative Select: 1/23/15
                      Medical & PFT1: 2/17/15
                      VBT & SI: 3/19/15
                      Eqip Submitted: 3/20/15 in security office
                      Poly: 5/4/2015 (Passed)
                      CBPO 14-3

Geo: Central East Coast
                      Tested: 11/20/2014
                      NOR: 1/12/15 (94 W Vet Points)
                      Tentative Select: 1/23/15
                      Medical & PFT1: 2/17/15
                      VBT & SI: 3/19/15
                      Eqip Submitted: 3/20/15 in security office
                      Poly: 5/4/2015 (Passed)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                        Quick question guys: did you guys have the medical test checked green before being ask to the poly?
                        Hey Pastelon I noticed last week that my medical had a green check next to it but have not received a call to schedule a poly yet. I am not sure what is holding them up at this point. BTW I am a 14-3 MIDWEST applicant.

Comment

• Originally posted by NateM View Post
                          I am just wondering if when you received "the call", did you have to accept the report no later than date before finding out your location? I picked the Midwest for the main reason to be closer to home. However, if they give me a port that is a day away from my home town, it defeats my main purpose of wanting be hired. I will stick it out with my current federal job.

What ports did they offer you? I got the call 2 weeks ago and was offered Detroit. I asked for 30 days deferral and they agreed. I got another call today and was offered Detroit airport and Detroit bridge. I have 24 hours to decide but my answer will be no.

Comment

• Originally posted by picasso100 View Post
                            What ports did they offer you? I got the call 2 weeks ago and was offered Detroit. I asked for 30 days deferral and they agreed. I got another call today and was offered Detroit airport and Detroit bridge. I have 24 hours to decide but my answer will be no.
                            Was a reason given of why they only waited 14 days and not 30 to call you back?

Comment

• I wonder the same

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                                Was a reason given of why they only waited 14 days and not 30 to call you back?
                                I asked them and they said that first I was offered one location in Detroit and because new location came up (airport ) my name came back on the list. It doesn't have to be 30 days, whenever new location is available, they will call you. Two weeks ago I asked for Chicago and was told it's not available at this time so I asked for diferral. They said I can't call them for 30 days and after that my name will go back to the list. It surly didn't work like this.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8200 users online. 390 members and 7810 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X