Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the sf86, did anyone else answer section 9.1 that they are a U.S. citizen or national by birth, born to U.S. parent(s), in a foreign country? It asks to "provide the document number for U.S. citizen born abroad" and to "provide your citizenship certificate number" but my birth certificate doesn't have either of those numbers so I'm unsure on what to put for those two questions since it says that we cannot enter "N/A". Should I leave those two questions as blank?

Comment

• Originally posted by kcfl View Post
      On the sf86, did anyone else answer section 9.1 that they are a U.S. citizen or national by birth, born to U.S. parent(s), in a foreign country? It asks to "provide the document number for U.S. citizen born abroad" and to "provide your citizenship certificate number" but my birth certificate doesn't have either of those numbers so I'm unsure on what to put for those two questions since it says that we cannot enter "N/A". Should I leave those two questions as blank?
      Do you have a US passport? If so use this. But I also have a "Certification of Report of Birth of a USC" (form DS-1350) and the document number is in the upper right corner and shows as 000-0000000

I was born overseas so I don't have your regular birth certificate.

Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
        Do you have a US passport? If so use this. But I also have a "Certification of Report of Birth of a USC" (form DS-1350) and the document number is in the upper right corner and shows as 000-0000000

I was born overseas so I don't have your regular birth certificate.

Good luck.
        Yes I have a passport. I was born overseas as well and my birth certificate is a FS 545 form. Thank you for your response.

Comment

• Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
          Any vets apply to that last VRA announcement?
          I applied to the open announcement, but there was a question asking if I qualified for the VRA announcement and if I wanted my application to be VRA eligible, so technically I applied to the VRA. I am originally a 14-1 applicant reapplying to to lack of openings in my original region.
          Geo: Reapplied to El Paso under 15-2
          Tested: 6/2/2014
          NOR: 7/14/14 (98)
          Tentative Select: 8/2/14
          Medical: 8/26/14 green check 12/9/14
          PFT1: 9/3/14 green check 9/11/14
          VBT & SI: 9/24/14 green check 9/30/14
          Polygraph: 12/9/14 passed, waiting on QC
          Sit down with BI: 01/2015
          Background finished: 02/2015
          Background Cleared: CASS Referred for scheduling 3/5/2015
          Drug Test: Scheduled for 3/5/2015
          Provisional Clearance: 8/7/2015
          The Call:
          EOD:

Comment

• Question, to my understanding anything found in your case file deemed to be unfavorable, you're giving a chance to mitigate or correct before the final review. I have 1 pending traffic ticket that I was given and had a court date in the summer to fight it. IA contacted me and gave me a chance to try and expedite this ticket or face an unfavorable. Of course I'm just going to pay the ticket and be done with it, being that cbp can't hire you if you have any outstanding citations.
            My question is if there was anything else that was appearing out of bounds in my file, IA would have also stated this in the email I received correct. STUMPED :/
            Last edited by Thecldriver; 05-03-2015, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• Great insight, thanks to all!
              New applicant

CBPO- 15-2
              Texas Geo
              Applied - 4/24/15
              Exam- ??
              Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

"Abraham Lincoln"

Comment

• Hey guys i need some help deciding between Nogales, AZ and San Ysidro, CA.

Nogales, AZ one of my best friends works for CBP and has an extra car i can use with place to stay until i get on my feet. Heard you can make good money with OT and dont have to worry about getting burnt out cause everything is regulated...

San Ysidro, CA
                Other best friend lives here doesnt work with CBP but has somewhere i can stay until i get on my feet. I will need a rental car for the month if pre academy. The weather is absolutely beautiful there and i love the life style. Cost of living is very high though and from what i understand this is a very busy port with Mandatory overtime.

Im from Orlando, FL single no kids... Andy advice is greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbudhu1 View Post
                  Hey guys i need some help deciding between Nogales, AZ and San Ysidro, CA.

Nogales, AZ one of my best friends works for CBP and has an extra car i can use with place to stay until i get on my feet. Heard you can make good money with OT and dont have to worry about getting burnt out cause everything is regulated...

San Ysidro, CA
                  Other best friend lives here doesnt work with CBP but has somewhere i can stay until i get on my feet. I will need a rental car for the month if pre academy. The weather is absolutely beautiful there and i love the life style. Cost of living is very high though and from what i understand this is a very busy port with Mandatory overtime.

Nogales is noticeably less huge and crazy than SYS but still large enough to be kept busy. It would be my option, if I was doing the choosing. Especially with a friend already settled there.

On the flipside, Nogales proper isn't the most friendly town for non Hispanics..

Tuscon and Phoenix on the other hand are two of my most favored places in the US....and this is coming from a guy who hates cities and avoids them whenever possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunkissed04 View Post
                    I got this e-mail yesterday: "Congratulations! You have received notification that you were tentatively selected for the position of Customs and Border Protection Officer with the Department of Homeland Security". I received the NOR today - 91 without vet points.

Did everyone else in the 15-1 get e-mails in this order?
                    yeah got the same email and same score as well.

Comment

• Got the call. EOD June 1st in Derby Line Vermont

Comment

• Originally posted by Ski181 View Post
                        Got the call. EOD June 1st in Derby Line Vermont
                        Congrats! Academy 6/29?

Comment

• A group from here will be there at the same time. We will be in different classes, but there at the same time.

Comment

• Quick question guys: did you guys have the medical test checked green before being ask to the poly?

Comment

• Pft 2 May 15- Harpers Ferry

Comment

• Cost of living is a bit on the high side but you will make A LOT of money at SYS due to draft. San Ysidro probably has cooler weather (comparing other areas of Arizona). The beaches and close proximity to LA are good pros. Good luck on whichever port you choose.

Originally posted by Cbudhu1 View Post
                                Hey guys i need some help deciding between Nogales, AZ and San Ysidro, CA.

San Ysidro, CA

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6465 users online. 341 members and 6124 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X