Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My vbt and SI is on Tuesday. I am nervous and excited.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
      The schedule sounds better at JFK though. Assuming what we've read on here is correct.
      Earlier this month but but something is up with the location that is responsible for doing my drug screen. I had to take a retest assuming it was either because sample was diluted or possibly it was for CBP MIA who I'm also processing for. Then oddly I received a request from MHC the other day requesting that I fwd them my copy/copies of the specimen custody control form. Good thing I kept the two. So now I believe it's not an issue of me but rather an issue with the clinic who is responsible for taking the sample and sending it out to the lab. So in short, I'm up in limbo and patiently waiting for everything to get cleared up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunkissed04 View Post
        I got this e-mail yesterday: "Congratulations! You have received notification that you were tentatively selected for the position of Customs and Border Protection Officer with the Department of Homeland Security". I received the NOR today - 91 without vet points.

Did everyone else in the 15-1 get e-mails in this order?
        Yep. I don't get why they're saying we've been tentatively selected. We still have testing and interviews left. Usually the tentative offer comes once applicants are selected pending backgrounds, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
          Yep. I don't get why they're saying we've been tentatively selected. We still have testing and interviews left. Usually the tentative offer comes once applicants are selected pending backgrounds, right?
          This is normal. Your "TSL" is pretty much the start of the process for you after passing the entrance exam. Now sit back, relax and go about your life just going with the flow.

Comment

• Polygraph question: If or when I do get a chance to take one, the examiner will ask me if I've ever taken or experimented with drugs or narcotics. I haven't smoked so much as a single cigarette in my life and I will tell the examiner as much. Will the examiner tell me I'm full of crap because supposedly "everyone" at one point in their lives experiments with weed or some other non-threatening substance? That's my biggest fear, that my goodie-two-shoes lifestyle will be interpreted as suspicious in a polygraph exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
              I'm sure you are right.

I'm curious though, do you know why this was implemented by congress after all? Are my presumptions correct? Was it because of too many corrupt individuals within the ranks? As I read case after case, it's mind boggling the crimes these individuals committed. (Backing a patrol vehicle up to the line and letting illegals lode dope into it. Taking bribes to let loaded cars pass through primary.) I know some of these individuals join with no intent to go "dirty" but end up getting caught up on the wrong side and is why you'll be reminded time and time again not to live outside of your means. Others are just scum from the start.
              CBP, both on our side and Border Patrol, is an extremely media scrutinized and criticized agency.

Things that would barely draw a notice if they were done by the Hoover Dam police or the BIA
              get the full treatment if a CBPO or a BPA does it.

With that additional notice comes the fact that the Administration, Congress and the agency are far more attuned to the desires of special interest groups and the media when it comes to many CBP matters.

It's a two-sided sword. Sometimes it works in our favor. Things like the increased hiring come about because of the greater oversight and public attention as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick2 View Post
                Polygraph question: If or when I do get a chance to take one, the examiner will ask me if I've ever taken or experimented with drugs or narcotics. I haven't smoked so much as a single cigarette in my life and I will tell the examiner as much. Will the examiner tell me I'm full of crap because supposedly "everyone" at one point in their lives experiments with weed or some other non-threatening substance? That's my biggest fear, that my goodie-two-shoes lifestyle will be interpreted as suspicious in a polygraph exam.
                I haven't taken any drugs ever either and my examiner did try to get a different answer out of me by asking, "Oh, never? What about in college?" Etc. If your body doesn't have any major reactions to telling the truth I wouldn't worry about it. You go over every question before you're all strapped up, so there won't be any surprises.

When I took the polygraph I only had slight reactions to integrity/personality questions, but they were worded so severely, for example, "Have you ever BETRAYED anyone close to you?" I already have a defensive reaction to that question even though I've never betrayed anyone. I think one time I even fidgeted when I answered one question, but that was just because I'm not used to having to stay completely still while having a motion detecting butt pad, foot pad, heavy coils around my chest, and an arm cuff draining the blood from my hand.

I was even confused when they asked if I've ever done yoga and I said yes and my proctor was suddenly very interested about it. I thought it was very strange at first but then I realized maybe they think people do yoga to de-stress? The entire polygraph was the most bizarre part of the process.
                Last edited by cosi42; 05-01-2015, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Good information, thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
                    Anyone else got the email with test results from 15-1?
                    Yeah I did yesterday after my tentative selection. Score of 84 with no added points
                    USSS Uniformed Division
                    04/30/15 Applied to Announcement
                    06/18/15 Received Notice To Take POST Exam
                    06/22/15 POST Exam
                    07/02/15 Passed POST
                    07/17/15 SUPER Interview
                    09/03/15 COE

Comment

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
                      My vbt and SI is on Tuesday. I am nervous and excited.
                      Do what you have to do to not look nervous, and don't get too excited with your responses
                      Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                      08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                      09/13/14 Written exam
                      10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                      1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                      2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                      2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                      2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                      4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                      4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick2 View Post
                        Polygraph question: If or when I do get a chance to take one, the examiner will ask me if I've ever taken or experimented with drugs or narcotics. I haven't smoked so much as a single cigarette in my life and I will tell the examiner as much. Will the examiner tell me I'm full of crap because supposedly "everyone" at one point in their lives experiments with weed or some other non-threatening substance? That's my biggest fear, that my goodie-two-shoes lifestyle will be interpreted as suspicious in a polygraph exam.
                        Pretty sure this is what jacked me up. Just tell the truth and hopefully the machine agrees with you. Don't lie and say that you have done something you haven't, that will more than likely jack you up as well.
                        Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                        08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                        09/13/14 Written exam
                        10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                        1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                        2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                        2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                        2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                        4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                        4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
                          My vbt and SI is on Tuesday. I am nervous and excited.
                          It is SOOOO not something to lose sleep over. use common sense, and you'll pass with flying colors.

Comment

• I will echo everyone and say don't worry about VBT/SI, just be nice and sensible! (Hard part comes after VBT/SI....)
                            CBPO 14-3 Central East Coast Region

Applied 10/3/14
                            Exam 12/6/14
                            NOR 1/12/15 (Passed, 90)
                            TS 1/23/15
                            Medical/PFT1 3/12/15 (Passed PFT)
                            TSL Packet Received 3/20/15 Submitted 3/25/15
                            VBT/SI 4/6/15 (Passed)
                            TSL "In security office" 4/8/15
                            Polygraph Inconclusive 4/27/15
                            Second Polygraph awaiting the wrath (or mercy!) of QC 5/27/15
                            Removed from consideration due to "unfavorable polygraph" 7/9/15

Comment

• Does anyone know if those right out of academy can work OT. I'll be at Jfk which is busy and has a big demand for ot. Just wondering because I'm planning to work extra to ease the insane price of rent.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                                Does anyone know if those right out of academy can work OT. I'll be at Jfk which is busy and has a big demand for ot. Just wondering because I'm planning to work extra to ease the insane price of rent.
                                I believe you have 37 weeks of training once you return back from glynco. This will also give you weekends off during this time. I'm sure once you get situated and show understanding of what you are doing , you will get it .

On another note, I received another email from IA. I have a current pending traffic violation which isn't due for court till summer. I was given the option to expedite this matter or face a possible unsuitable. Guess I will be pleading guilty and paying this traffic ticket Monday. I guess they are really pushing candidates for the June academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6916 users online. 297 members and 6619 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X