Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosi 42, proud of you what you've done! Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by cosi42 View Post
      Well, everyone. I was the lady that failed my PFT2 during the pushups. When I practiced the entire fitness test on my own I didn't go down enough for the pushups. I didn't have the upper body and core strength to do them full out and properly. It was my fault for not practicing them like how they were required to be performed during the PFT1. (My proctor wasn't very strict during the PFT1.)

Everyone gets the chance to retake it w/o going through the entire process again. After I failed the PFT2 I requested to retake it immediately. I actually injured my knee pretty bad after the test, so I went to the gym and just focused on my arms and upper body for weeks while my knee healed up. I made my own 4" foam block so I knew I was doing the pushups correctly. I'd do knee pushups and full pushups on my breaks at work as well. I went from not being able to go down low and come back up during a knee pushup to being able to do full pushups w/ ease.

I retook my PFT2 today and passed. I overheard the proctors (that were my same ones for the first time I did the test) talking about how I was bouncing off the block now.

I'll be going to FLETC on June 16th. See ya there.
      I had no idea that they let you make it up if you fail. That's a good look. How were your sit ups?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
        I think they killed us all haha
        Haha I wouldn't be surprised lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
          Haha I wouldn't be surprised lol
          Yeah I don't know. I am sure I am wrong, but at least on here I have not seen anyone from FL geo pass a poly in the last few months. Seems like we all failed it without the chance for a retake.

Please someone tell me they are FL and passed the poly since January. I need to feel better not thinking that they were just cleaning house.
          Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
          08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
          09/13/14 Written exam
          10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
          1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
          2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
          2/6/15 Background Released to IA
          2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
          4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
          4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Is the location of the PFT 2 based on your Geo Pref or can you get a location closer to your current location? I would hate to drive to Plattsburg, NY from Atlanta and back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
              I had no idea that they let you make it up if you fail. That's a good look. How were your sit ups?
              I don't have an issue w/ situps. When I go to the gym I usually do sets on an incline bench while holding a weight just to make them harder. When I do regular ones on the floor my elbows pass my knees, for the PFT2 they only have to touch to half of your knee.

Comment

• Got the call. EOD 6/1 Fletc 6/29 JfK

Comment

• Anyone else got the email with test results from 15-1?

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                    Got the call. EOD 6/1 Fletc 6/29 JfK
                    Congrats!! Any other locations offered?

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                      Congrats!! Any other locations offered?
                      Thank you! No only jfk I was banking on Newark. But after working years for this I'll take what I can get. One officer I know said I should ask to wait and maybe get Newark but not sure if it's worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cosi42 View Post
                        Well, everyone. I was the lady that failed my PFT2 during the pushups. When I practiced the entire fitness test on my own I didn't go down enough for the pushups. I didn't have the upper body and core strength to do them full out and properly. It was my fault for not practicing them like how they were required to be performed during the PFT1. (My proctor wasn't very strict during the PFT1.)

Everyone gets the chance to retake it w/o going through the entire process again. After I failed the PFT2 I requested to retake it immediately. I actually injured my knee pretty bad after the test, so I went to the gym and just focused on my arms and upper body for weeks while my knee healed up. I made my own 4" foam block so I knew I was doing the pushups correctly. I'd do knee pushups and full pushups on my breaks at work as well. I went from not being able to go down low and come back up during a knee pushup to being able to do full pushups w/ ease.

I retook my PFT2 today and passed. I overheard the proctors (that were my same ones for the first time I did the test) talking about how I was bouncing off the block now.

I'll be going to FLETC on June 16th. See ya there.
                        Drops the mic

Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
                          Anyone else got the email with test results from 15-1?
                          Affirm. NOR of 95, no veteran's preference. Haven't decided if I'm going to go on in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                            Thank you! No only jfk I was banking on Newark. But after working years for this I'll take what I can get. One officer I know said I should ask to wait and maybe get Newark but not sure if it's worth it.
                            The schedule sounds better at JFK though. Assuming what we've read on here is correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                              The schedule sounds better at JFK though. Assuming what we've read on here is correct.
                              Congrats. How long ago did you BI submit your case for final review?

Comment

• I got this e-mail yesterday: "Congratulations! You have received notification that you were tentatively selected for the position of Customs and Border Protection Officer with the Department of Homeland Security". I received the NOR today - 91 without vet points.

Did everyone else in the 15-1 get e-mails in this order?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5290 users online. 237 members and 5053 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X