300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
    I don't mind polys being used as part of a background. But they should not be used to determine if a candidate is 'suitable' to move on to a real human investigation.
    This is the biggest point. If they are used at all, they should be used in conjunction with a thorough background investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
      This is the biggest point. If they are used at all, they should be used in conjunction with a thorough background investigation.
      Have you taken one before?

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
        Originally the poly was random for both CBP and BP and I think this was a helpful filter to discourage a lot of scum from applying combined with a thorough background investigation. It's no secrete, both of these agencies have been embarrassed by idiots committing idiotic crimes. I'm kinda glad they are trying to get things right because the last thing I'd want is to be out in some remote area with a corrupt Officer or Agent. But are they going about it the right way is the question? Open this link and read case after case of corruption:

http://bordercorruption.apps.cironline.org/

Some will say other agencies hire without administering a polygraph which is correct but few hire thousands and thousands of Officers/Agents each year. I believe DHS became desperate, hired enough examiners so to make the exam 100% applicable and now relay mostly on these results. I feel this is a mistake like most people do. I believe it should be implemented to keep rift raft from applying but results should be reviewed and investigated by the actual background investigator and not solely left up to a machine and the few people reviewing these results.

Just my thoughts on the whole process....
        Agreed.
        Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
        08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
        09/13/14 Written exam
        10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
        1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
        2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
        2/6/15 Background Released to IA
        2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
        4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
        4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by JH2015 View Post
          Just received a tentative officer selection email! I applied 15-1 central east cost, I never got a notice of results for the exam. Just got the email now

"This notice is to inform you that you have been tentatively selected to begin the pre-employment process for the position of Customs and Border Protection Officer, with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)"

Excited but nervous!
          Same here, was a little puzzled about that. I guess they changed things around a bit with the processing.

Comment

• Congrats!

Originally posted by JH2015 View Post
            Just received a tentative officer selection email! I applied 15-1 central east cost, I never got a notice of results for the exam. Just got the email now

"This notice is to inform you that you have been tentatively selected to begin the pre-employment process for the position of Customs and Border Protection Officer, with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)"

Excited but nervous!
            I received the same e-mail today! I was so shocked there wasn't an NOR!!! I'm very excited!!!! Good luck to us both =)!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunkissed04 View Post
              I received the same e-mail today! I was so shocked there wasn't an NOR!!! I'm very excited!!!! Good luck to us both =)!
              Good luck to you both! Take it step by step and do your best at every stage and you got it!

Comment

• Anyone from the FL Geo from 14-1, 14-2,14-3 still waiting for poly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                  Anyone from the FL Geo from 14-1, 14-2,14-3 still waiting for poly?
                  I think they killed us all haha
                  Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                  08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                  09/13/14 Written exam
                  10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                  1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                  2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                  2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                  2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                  4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                  4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Any vets apply to that last VRA announcement?

Comment

• Just received an email from the IA department. Email was for clarification on a past summons that I spoke on in my BI interview. I guess the wheels on central east coast are definitely moving forward.

Comment

Originally the poly was random for both CBP and BP and I think this was a helpful filter to discourage a lot of scum from applying combined with a thorough background investigation. It's no secrete, both of these agencies have been embarrassed by idiots committing idiotic crimes. I'm kinda glad they are trying to get things right because the last thing I'd want is to be out in some remote area with a corrupt Officer or Agent. But are they going about it the right way is the question? Open this link and read case after case of corruption:

http://bordercorruption.apps.cironline.org/

Some will say other agencies hire without administering a polygraph which is correct but few hire thousands and thousands of Officers/Agents each year. I believe DHS became desperate, hired enough examiners so to make the exam 100% applicable and now relay mostly on these results. I feel this is a mistake like most people do. I believe it should be implemented to keep rift raft from applying but results should be reviewed and investigated by the actual background investigator and not solely left up to a machine and the few people reviewing these results.

Just my thoughts on the whole process....
                        I agree with almost everything you posted except this. It was not DHS getting desperate. It was Congress passing a law that states that all law enforcement applicants for CBP will be administered a polygraph. The agency doesn't have a choice.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                          I agree with almost everything you posted except this. It was not DHS getting desperate. It was Congress passing a law that states that all law enforcement applicants for CBP will be administered a polygraph. The agency doesn't have a choice.

FB
                          I'm sure you are right.

I'm curious though, do you know why this was implemented by congress after all? Are my presumptions correct? Was it because of too many corrupt individuals within the ranks? As I read case after case, it's mind boggling the crimes these individuals committed. (Backing a patrol vehicle up to the line and letting illegals lode dope into it. Taking bribes to let loaded cars pass through primary.) I know some of these individuals join with no intent to go "dirty" but end up getting caught up on the wrong side and is why you'll be reminded time and time again not to live outside of your means. Others are just scum from the start.

Comment

I'm sure you are right.

I'm curious though, do you know why this was implemented by congress after all? Are my presumptions correct? Was it because of too many corrupt individuals within the ranks? As I read case after case, it's mind boggling the crimes these individuals committed. (Backing a patrol vehicle up to the line and letting illegals lode dope into it. Taking bribes to let loaded cars pass through primary.) I know some of these individuals join with no intent to go "dirty" but end up getting caught up on the wrong side and is why you'll be reminded time and time again not to live outside of your means. Others are just scum from the start.
                            I was informed it was implemented because a certain group of individuals in CBP did something they shouldn't have, totally understandable. There is no place for people like them in the organization or any for that matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjose619 View Post
                              Just passed the PFT2 today. 23 people. 1 person did not make the cut. Please make sure you train train train.
                              Originally posted by abejjani View Post
                              Omg this sucks !!!! After all this she failed... How did she pass the pft1 it is almost the same !!!
                              Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                              If someone can't do 17 pushup then they definitely don't deserve this job. It's not like it is a surprise that you have to do push ups when you get there. Be prepared.
                              Well, everyone. I was the lady that failed my PFT2 during the pushups. When I practiced the entire fitness test on my own I didn't go down enough for the pushups. I didn't have the upper body and core strength to do them full out and properly. It was my fault for not practicing them like how they were required to be performed during the PFT1. (My proctor wasn't very strict during the PFT1.)

Originally posted by gjose619 View Post
                              I'm pretty sure you need to reapply and go through the process again.
                              Everyone gets the chance to retake it w/o going through the entire process again. After I failed the PFT2 I requested to retake it immediately. I actually injured my knee pretty bad after the test, so I went to the gym and just focused on my arms and upper body for weeks while my knee healed up. I made my own 4" foam block so I knew I was doing the pushups correctly. I'd do knee pushups and full pushups on my breaks at work as well. I went from not being able to go down low and come back up during a knee pushup to being able to do full pushups w/ ease.

I retook my PFT2 today and passed. I overheard the proctors (that were my same ones for the first time I did the test) talking about how I was bouncing off the block now.

I'll be going to FLETC on June 16th. See ya there.

Comment

• Originally posted by cosi42 View Post
                                Well, everyone. I was the lady that failed my PFT2 during the pushups. When I practiced the entire fitness test on my own I didn't go down enough for the pushups. I didn't have the upper body and core strength to do them full out and properly. It was my fault for not practicing them like how they were required to be performed during the PFT1. (My proctor wasn't very strict during the PFT1.)

Everyone gets the chance to retake it w/o going through the entire process again. After I failed the PFT2 I requested to retake it immediately. I actually injured my knee pretty bad after the test, so I went to the gym and just focused on my arms and upper body for weeks while my knee healed up. I made my own 4" foam block so I knew I was doing the pushups correctly. I'd do knee pushups and full pushups on my breaks at work as well. I went from not being able to go down low and come back up during a knee pushup to being able to do full pushups w/ ease.

I retook my PFT2 today and passed. I overheard the proctors (that were my same ones for the first time I did the test) talking about how I was bouncing off the block now.

I'll be going to FLETC on June 16th. See ya there.
                                Good job on not giving up and working harder to pass. Good luck in Fletc!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5321 users online. 285 members and 5036 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X