Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My medical exam was at the end of January and has been "under review" according to CASS for almost two months now, even though I did well in all portions of the exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissAmitious View Post
      How far did you get in the application process you're in now?
      Got the call and deferred for 30 days. EOD was going to be May 11th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm confused now... When reapplying this morning I saw this morning.

1. If you have received a tentative selection letter and are currently in process for a CBP Officer position pending a pre-employment clearance by applying to this announcement you will overwrite your previous selection and start the hiring process again.
        * Required
        A Yes, I want to continue and I understand that applying to this announcement will overwrite my previous selection in the hiring selection and I will start the pre-employment processes again, if selected
        B No, I do not want to overwrite my current selection and I understand this application will not be used
        C Not Applicable, I am a new applicant or I do not have a current application in process

Comment

• Originally posted by CCSU2014 View Post
          My medical exam was at the end of January and has been "under review" according to CASS for almost two months now, even though I did well in all portions of the exam.
          Same here, I'm beginning to wonder what the hold up is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
            I see on the new announcement that it states that the background investigation is a public trust one. I thought that this was a top secret clearance position??
            Everyone is given a SSB (single scope background investigation). That way everyone can be adjudicated for multiple levels of security clearance when needed. However the majority of CBP Officers do not have a clearance. They have the ability to get one if the job they are doing requires it (intel work, task force assignments, etc.) .

FB

Comment

• couple questions, do you guys write up a cover letter for these job postings?

also, the current job posting mentions a focused effort to recruit female applicants and cites a federal regulation. is this a "men need not apply" posting or what

Comment

• Nick2 no, it means that female have preference.

Comment

• Does anybody know how difficult it is to transfer to a high need port, ie SWB, after you have served a few years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                    I'm confused now... When reapplying this morning I saw this morning.

1. If you have received a tentative selection letter and are currently in process for a CBP Officer position pending a pre-employment clearance by applying to this announcement you will overwrite your previous selection and start the hiring process again.
                    * Required
                    A Yes, I want to continue and I understand that applying to this announcement will overwrite my previous selection in the hiring selection and I will start the pre-employment processes again, if selected
                    B No, I do not want to overwrite my current selection and I understand this application will not be used
                    C Not Applicable, I am a new applicant or I do not have a current application in process

What's confusing?

If you reapply you give up your current TSL and throw yourself into the pool for a TSL at your new pick. Assuming you get picked up at the new location your previous steps transfer over...as long as they haven't timed out during the wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
                      I see on the new announcement that it states that the background investigation is a public trust one. I thought that this was a top secret clearance position??
                      Last announcement stated "The CBPO position is categorized as "critical-sensitive." The applicant must undergo a SSBI which is for Top Secret, SCI and Q access. Whether you get to access SCI or for that matter get granted a TS, will probably depend on your duties, im guessing

Comment

• Originally posted by Ski181 View Post
                        Does anybody know how difficult it is to transfer to a high need port, ie SWB, after you have served a few years?
                        There is no easy answer. It depends.

Assuming one is willing to go anywhere and by a "few years" you mean three or more...the chances FOR MOST are probably pretty good.

It's far easier to get out of a place like JFK and Detroit than it is to get out of Morgan. MT or Skagway, AK. It's far easier to get into a place like Miami or San Ysidro than it is into a place like Pittsburgh or Ogdensburg, NY.

It's much like the weather, climate and geography. Think of snow boarding in Louisiana...probably not going to happen in the best of circumstances. Swimming in the ocean in Boston...in July, sure. In January...much more problematic. That's alot like how tranfers work in many locations.

Comment

• Merlin, I called the MHC and was told that I just have to take the new test and after I pass and get my TSL then this new application will overtake the current one. I would not be taken off Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• if there aren't any testing locations in your state, or any surrounding states for that matter, does that mean you're out of luck for this go round?

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                              Everyone is given a SSB (single scope background investigation). That way everyone can be adjudicated for multiple levels of security clearance when needed. However the majority of CBP Officers do not have a clearance. They have the ability to get one if the job they are doing requires it (intel work, task force assignments, etc.) .

FB
                              Thank you for clearing that up. I'm sure an sf 86 ssb isn't too far off from a sf 85p which I cleared last year for my current job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Umcdoj1 View Post
                                Last announcement stated "The CBPO position is categorized as "critical-sensitive." The applicant must undergo a SSBI which is for Top Secret, SCI and Q access. Whether you get to access SCI or for that matter get granted a TS, will probably depend on your duties, im guessing

I doubt is anything more than public trust for an entry level position as a CBPO.
                                Last edited by esoj37; 04-29-2015, 05:54 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10676 users online. 485 members and 10191 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X