300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As per announcement:

Duty Locations: Locations have changed for this Job announcement please read carefully. The Office of Field Operations is focusing efforts at specific duty locations to meet mission needs and ensure a well-rounded experience for new officers. Therefore, you may select one of the following ports: Queens, NY (JFK Airport); Newark, NJ; Detroit, MI; Eagle Pass, El Paso, Hidalgo, Laredo and Pharr, TX; Calexico and San Ysidro, CA; Douglas, Nogales and San Luis, AZ. You may not change your location once the announcement has closed.

Looks like my chances are high of landing a spot in only Newark or JFK when my phone rings since that's all that's being offered here. (In my geo). On the flip side, I will be getting a well-rounded experience!!!!!
    Last edited by CZ_Kid; 04-27-2015, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abner Rios View Post
      Does anybody knows when the new announcement opens? (15-2)
      This can help you for the future too: http://www.cbp.gov/careers/join-cbp/...ement-schedule
      USSS Uniformed Division
      04/30/15 Applied to Announcement
      06/18/15 Received Notice To Take POST Exam
      06/22/15 POST Exam
      07/02/15 Passed POST
      07/17/15 SUPER Interview
      09/03/15 COE

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
        As per announcement:

Duty Locations: Locations have changed for this Job announcement please read carefully. The Office of Field Operations is focusing efforts at specific duty locations to meet mission needs and ensure a well-rounded experience for new officers. Therefore, you may select one of the following ports: Queens, NY (JFK Airport); Newark, NJ; Detroit, MI; Eagle Pass, El Paso, Hidalgo, Laredo and Pharr, TX; Calexico and San Ysidro, CA; Douglas, Nogales and San Luis, AZ. You may not change your location once the announcement has closed.

Looks like my chances are high of landing a spot in only Newark or JFK when my phone rings since that's all that's being offered here. (In my geo). On the flip side, I will be getting a well-rounded experience!!!!!
        The same thing I was thinking when I saw this. Looks as if jfk and Newark are low on body's. I was leaning towards newark but the seniority bidding just isn't appealing to me. Atleast with jfk it's a rotating shift which will give me weekends off every 5th and 6th week. Plus jfk is filled with OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
          The same thing I was thinking when I saw this. Looks as if jfk and Newark are low on body's. I was leaning towards newark but the seniority bidding just isn't appealing to me. Atleast with jfk it's a rotating shift which will give me weekends off every 5th and 6th week. Plus jfk is filled with OT.
          I didn't think of this. Good point as I will end up having to commute on my days off to DC to be with family and having a weekend every now and then is nice. Do either of these two ports do 4 on 3 off?

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
            I didn't think of this. Good point as I will end up having to commute on my days off to DC to be with family and having a weekend every now and then is nice. Do either of these two ports do 4 on 3 off?
            I believe jfk offers 6 on 2 off for 4 weeks, Friday Saturday Sunday for the 5th week and Saturday Sunday Monday for the 6th week.

Newark I think you can request 4 on 3 off but it's not guaranteed. I could be wrong though.

On thing, newark will be better swap bait in the future for you. Someone from dulles maybe more willing to swap with you from there. Jfk is not a desirable location for alot of people.
            Last edited by Thecldriver; 04-27-2015, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I believe jfk offers 6 on 2 off for 4 weeks, Friday Saturday Sunday for the 5th week and Saturday Sunday Monday for the 6th week.

Newark I think you can request 4 on 3 off but it's not guaranteed. I could be wrong though.

On thing, newark will be better swap bait in the future for you. Someone from dulles maybe more willing to swap with you from there. Jfk is not a desirable location for alot of people.
              Thank you!!

Comment

• I will be reapplying today to change my from NE to Newark which is what I originally intended to do.

Is the new test any harder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Anyone else gonna be in Miami Wed for pft2?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbudhu1 View Post
                    Anyone else gonna be in Miami Wed for pft2?

I wish I was going to be. Let's us know how it goes. I have picked there as well for my pft2

Comment

I wish I was going to be. Let's us know how it goes. I have picked there as well for my pft2
                      Willd do, im in Orlando and decided to just drive down tomorrow. If anyone is from out of state or something let me know if you need any help. Was gonna bring my cooler with some drinks (water/gatorade)e but depends on how many responses i get...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbudhu1 View Post
                        Willd do, im in Orlando and decided to just drive down tomorrow. If anyone is from out of state or something let me know if you need any help. Was gonna bring my cooler with some drinks (water/gatorade)e but depends on how many responses i get...

Good luck, remember perfect form on those sit ups and push ups.

Comment

• Does anyone know how strick they are on the waiting one year to retake written exam?

Comment

• I see on the new announcement that it states that the background investigation is a public trust one. I thought that this was a top secret clearance position??

Comment

• Just got back from my polygraph...it was a harrowing experience to say the least. I won't going into the "rant and rave" details of it all but suffice to say I was inconclusive. In fact, I was inconclusive on every question...controls and everything. Apparently I was the first person the examiner had ever seen that happen on. So I may be (in)famous in the polygraph world now. I was cool as a cucumber, and maybe that doomed me. I don't know but I am pretty disappointed with the whole experience. I will get the opportunity for another one so we will see.
                              CBPO 14-3 Central East Coast Region

Applied 10/3/14
                              Exam 12/6/14
                              NOR 1/12/15 (Passed, 90)
                              TS 1/23/15
                              Medical/PFT1 3/12/15 (Passed PFT)
                              TSL Packet Received 3/20/15 Submitted 3/25/15
                              VBT/SI 4/6/15 (Passed)
                              TSL "In security office" 4/8/15
                              Polygraph Inconclusive 4/27/15
                              Second Polygraph awaiting the wrath (or mercy!) of QC 5/27/15
                              Removed from consideration due to "unfavorable polygraph" 7/9/15

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                                I will be reapplying today to change my from NE to Newark which is what I originally intended to do.

Is the new test any harder?

How far did you get in the application process you're in now?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4461 users online. 243 members and 4218 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X