300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    If you're looking for pre-academy lodging options, you might want to contact your port, explain your situation and see what assistance they can provide. They may have some additional avenues you can explore.
    Your mailbox is full, I tried to PM you.

Comment

• Dont worry steph. I failed 3 yrs ago, I took my poly last week said i failed again, hopeful i can be retested like i see most people on here and where i work at. there plenty of other Federal LEO jobs opening, like USCP which is a pretty good gig if you dont mind moving, plus the hiring process is a lot faster than most agency.
      Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
      How can one appeal ?

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
      09/21/14 Written exam
      11/18/14 Notice of TS
      11/21/14 TSL packet received
      12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
      01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
      02/25/15 poly (JFK)
      03/20/15 email to schedule 2nd poly
      04/08/15 2nd poly (waiting on results)

Comment

• Thats there MO, to see if you crack,(if it applies to you).Like they want to have something over you, they act as no one has led a(i.e. never tried drugs or commited a crime, clean life,
        Originally posted by Red4 View Post
        I wasn't told anything when I left. To me it seemed like my examiner was all over the place. First I was dishonest here and then I wasn't, finally I was failing everything according to them. All I heard was story after story and opportunity after opportunity to "continue." finally it just ended and I've been waiting as patiently as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
          Your mailbox is full, I tried to PM you.
          I've cleared out space. There should be room now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
            Where are you going for your PT2?
            Was supposed to take it in Harpers Ferry WV, but I called the PFT 2 number to make sure it wouldn't conflict with my drill schedule this month for the military and I set the date over the phone and was given the option of Plattsburgh, NY. Not only is that closer than WV, but it's an hour away from where my POE will be so I will scope out my new "home" the same day.
            Applied: 14-2 NE Region
            Exam: SEP 14
            NOR: JAN 9th - Score: 81 (No Vet) GS-5 & GS-7
            MED & PFT 1: JAN 26th - No PFT due to EKG "Issue"
            E QUIP DUE: JAN 26th
            CLEARED MED: FEB 24th - No EKG "Issue" Found After Review
            PFT-1: MAR 2nd - Passed
            Polygraph: MAR 3rd- Passed (D.C. Instead of Buffalo to speed process)
            BI: MAR 16th - (Expedited - BI given one week to complete)
            VBT/SI: MAR 31st - Passed
            Drug Test: APR 17th
            The "Call": APR 24th - VT
            PFT-2: May 5th
            EOD: May 18th
            FLETC: June 11th

Comment

• Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
              Dont worry steph. I failed 3 yrs ago, I took my poly last week said i failed again, hopeful i can be retested like i see most people on here and where i work at. there plenty of other Federal LEO jobs opening, like USCP which is a pretty good gig if you dont mind moving, plus the hiring process is a lot faster than most agency.
              Wow. That' stinks. U waited 3 years and reapplied ?

09/21/14 Written exam
              11/18/14 Notice of TS
              12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
              01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
              02/25/15 poly (JFK)

Comment

• Thank you. I will look to see if there is one near the airport

Comment

• Anyone get an offer in the MIDWEST region? Or hear of someone getting an offer? Was wondering what states are offering openings.

Comment

• Please delete.
                    Last edited by JJohnsonNJ; 07-30-2015, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissAmitious View Post
                      Anyone get an offer in the MIDWEST region? Or hear of someone getting an offer? Was wondering what states are offering openings.
                      I got call today and they only offer me Detroit. I was hoping for Chicago so I got deferral for 30 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJohnsonNJ View Post
                        I'm in the same boat as you Steph, just received the email saying I failed the polygraph. I had the exact same experience as another poster (polygraph examiner swore I was lying about my nonexistent criminal past). It's all good, I have a few more open application processes that I've been going through simultaneously with CBP. I plan to reapply when I'm allowed to, depending on where I am in three years. Good luck to all of you still in the process!

EDIT: I still have access to CASS, should I still have hope?

EDITEDIT: Does anyone know about the appeal process?
                        That sucks, I'm waiting for them to send me an email or something letting me know I officially failed, its been about a month and change.

Comment

• Originally posted by picasso100 View Post
                          I got call today and they only offer me Detroit. I was hoping for Chicago so I got deferral for 30 days.
                          How does the deferral process work at that point? I thought if you didn't like the ports they offered you were out of luck and removed from the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ski181 View Post
                            How does the deferral process work at that point? I thought if you didn't like the ports they offered you were out of luck and removed from the process.
                            If you defer, your name will show up on MHC call list after 30 days and you receive another call pending the order it shows up. Because of this order, you could possibly get a call in 30, 35 or 40 days later. It's not always at exactly 30 days. When you do get the 2nd call, they will offer you other POE's that MAY have become available IF any have become available. If not, they will once again offer you what they originally offered you and you will HAVE TO CHOOSE at this point. And if they originally offered you Orlando, Tampa, Miami and Puerto Rico and during the 30 days nothing else became available and other applicants filled Orlando, Tampa, Miami but no one filled Puerto Rico, then you are stuck with Puerto Rico.... like it or not. That's the catch I guess. I'm not sure how often this tactic works out in the applicants favor. Would be kinda interesting to know. Good luck.
                            Last edited by CZ_Kid; 04-22-2015, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                              Wow. That' stinks. U waited 3 years and reapplied ?

09/21/14 Written exam
                              11/18/14 Notice of TS
                              12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                              01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                              02/25/15 poly (JFK)
                              Yes , I did. I originally took my poly back in 2011, Aug and Sept. Reapplied of June of last yr, but I was still within the 3 yrs. So I really really applied under 14-3 in Sept of last yr. My score carried over from june. I just had to wait for those candidates to receive their scores and so forth. But you can reapply as many times as you between the 3 yrs. You will be referred and receive a new CASS,but somewhere down the road like 2 month you receive an email stating you have a unfavorable results from your poly and it will last 3 yrs, and you can't appeal it. Don't let it define you I know a lot of good people who fail it. Look at other agencies if you're still young enough and interested apply in 3 yrs, GL in your endeavors. Are you in NJ as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by MissAmitious View Post
                                Anyone get an offer in the MIDWEST region? Or hear of someone getting an offer? Was wondering what states are offering openings.
                                Hopefully you get the email to schedule the poly soon, I just got the email and have schedule for May 4.

CBPO 14-3

Geo: Central East Coast
                                Tested: 11/20/2014
                                NOR: 1/12/15 (94 W Vet Points)
                                Tentative Select: 1/23/15
                                Medical & PFT1: 2/17/15
                                VBT & SI: 3/19/15
                                Eqip Submitted: 3/20/15 in security office
                                Poly: 5/4/2015
                                CBPO 14-3

Geo: Central East Coast
                                Tested: 11/20/2014
                                NOR: 1/12/15 (94 W Vet Points)
                                Tentative Select: 1/23/15
                                Medical & PFT1: 2/17/15
                                VBT & SI: 3/19/15
                                Eqip Submitted: 3/20/15 in security office
                                Poly: 5/4/2015 (Passed)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12663 users online. 494 members and 12169 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X