Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're looking for pre-academy lodging options, you might want to contact your port, explain your situation and see what assistance they can provide. They may have some additional avenues you can explore.

Comment

• CBP officer

Originally posted by Red4 View Post
      Good morning,

I took my polygraph on 4/8/15 and am applying for the southwest region. This morning I saw cass updated my pre employment forms from pending to saying they have been recieved. I'm still waiting on polygraph results, would this be any indicator of a decision in regards to my polygraph?
      Sadly no. It's just pure coincidence. Mine updated too before my polygraph. I too took it 4/8/15 and waiting. Were u told you passed ?

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
      09/21/14 Written exam
      11/18/14 Notice of TS
      11/21/14 TSL packet received
      12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
      01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
      02/25/15 poly (JFK)
      03/20/15 email to schedule 2nd poly
      04/08/15 2nd poly (waiting on results)

Comment

• I wasn't told anything when I left. To me it seemed like my examiner was all over the place. First I was dishonest here and then I wasn't, finally I was failing everything according to them. All I heard was story after story and opportunity after opportunity to "continue." finally it just ended and I've been waiting as patiently as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by RicoAlb View Post
          Hello everyone,
          I was in the process for CBP and after I got the call for NYC Department of Correction I emailed CBP and told them that I was not interested anymore on that position. I see that they will be posting that position again this month on the USAJOBS and I am curious to know the salary steps for this position, it says that the starting salary for GS5 is $31,944, is that salary just for the academy? I'm just trying to figure out if I should apply again or if I should stay where I am. Thank you in advanced for your help.
          Hello RicoAlb, I have a question for you, and in return I can give you good advice about the area to which you will be going. I am 14-2 west coast and taking drug test tomorrow and have been referred to the scheduling unit, and am done with BI. I am looking to work at SFO as well. I was wondering, when they gave you the offer, what did they tell you was available in the area? San Jose, Oakland, SFO, Sacramento? Did they tell you how many they have left open or what was still hiring for positions? Thank you for any information.

Now... You if you going to be working at SFO, I don't know your exact hours, but you might want to try looking for places to stay near the BART station that runs through the whole bay area. BART is a train system that runs directly into SFO (which is where I took my VBT/interview). There are hotels all throughout the bay that are close to BART and might be a great option for you to stay at. I think hotels near the airport might be a little pricy.

Comment

• Originally posted by RicoAlb View Post
            Hello everyone,
            I was in the process for CBP and after I got the call for NYC Department of Correction I emailed CBP and told them that I was not interested anymore on that position. I see that they will be posting that position again this month on the USAJOBS and I am curious to know the salary steps for this position, it says that the starting salary for GS5 is $31,944, is that salary just for the academy? I'm just trying to figure out if I should apply again or if I should stay where I am. Thank you in advanced for your help.
            That $31.9K figure is standard "Rest of the US" GS-05 pay. GS-05 pay in NYC is roughly $36K.

That's base pay...no 15% evening/ 20% midnight/ 50% Sunday/ 100% differentials. No 2X overtime. In a way, it's
            "academy pay". Most people out of the academy work at least some differential pay and/or overtime.

In NYC you'd be making GS-12 $80K base pay after 4 full years as a GS-05, GS-07, GS-09, and GS-11. Assuming you work a reasonable amount of overtime and differential shifts, you will fairly easily be in the $100-115K range in your fifth year.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
              This is pretty scary. I myself have been looking at these places in the areas I might end up and I'm finding $80.00 to $125.00 a night. x30 nights, no bueno!! I guess an option would be a roommate to split the cost.
              Hey cz_kid, have you tried calling your port and inquiring about the most economical option? I am sure they are very familiar with new recruits and housing the first month They may have some suggestions for for ya

Comment

• So guys I just got my DQ email. Nice knowing you all good luck and wish u all the best.

09/21/14 Written exam
                11/18/14 Notice of TS
                12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                02/25/15 poly (JFK)

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                  So guys I just got my DQ email. Nice knowing you all good luck and wish u all the best.

09/21/14 Written exam
                  11/18/14 Notice of TS
                  12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                  02/25/15 poly (JFK)
                  The CBP is far from the only fish in the sea, there's plenty of opportunity out there.

Comment

So guys I just got my DQ email. Nice knowing you all good luck and wish u all the best.

09/21/14 Written exam
                    11/18/14 Notice of TS
                    12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                    01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                    02/25/15 poly (JFK)
                    Sorry to hear this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShangDoh View Post
                      The CBP is far from the only fish in the sea, there's plenty of opportunity out there.
                      To be honest i don't know anything else I could apply for as silly as that sounds. Was so focused on cbp.

09/21/14 Written exam
                      11/18/14 Notice of TS
                      12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                      01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                      02/25/15 poly (JFK)

Comment

To be honest i don't know anything else I could apply for as silly as that sounds. Was so focused on cbp.
                        Capitol Police application is still open.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/400522100

Comment

• CBP officer

I live in San Francisco Bay Area and have my polygraph exam scheduled in Long Beach, CA which is 6.5 hours away from where I live. The person who scheduled my exam said that they don't have anything available in San Francisco. I took my SI at SFO airport and my interviewer mentioned that they do polygraph exam at the airport. Is this normal?
                          Last edited by SFO; 04-23-2015, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SFO View Post
                            I live in San Francisco Bay Area and have my polygraph exam scheduled in Long Beach, CA which is 6.5 hours away from where I live. The person who scheduled my exam said that they don't have anything available in San Francisco. I took my SI at SFO airport and my interviewer mentioned that they do polygraph exam at the airport. Is this normal?
                            I am a female applicant. Could it be that my examiner has to be female as well and that is why I have to go to Long Beach?
                            I live in Chicago and I have to go to Detroit. I've heard people have done their polys in Chicago too. I think it just depends on who you get assigned to.

Comment

• I heard CBP is no longer requiring the poly for applicants who possess a current TS/SCI clearance. Not too sure if it is true or not... Unsure if they would still run the BI but assume so.

Comment

• Originally posted by napalmsticks View Post
                                I heard CBP is no longer requiring the poly for applicants who possess a current TS/SCI clearance. Not too sure if it is true or not... Unsure if they would still run the BI but assume so.
                                Where did you hear that at? I hope that you are right!
                                CBPO 14-3

Geo: Central East Coast
                                Tested: 11/20/2014
                                NOR: 1/12/15 (94 W Vet Points)
                                Tentative Select: 1/23/15
                                Medical & PFT1: 2/17/15
                                VBT & SI: 3/19/15
                                Eqip Submitted: 3/20/15 in security office
                                Poly: 5/4/2015 (Passed)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9214 users online. 223 members and 8991 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X