300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone,
    I was in the process for CBP and after I got the call for NYC Department of Correction I emailed CBP and told them that I was not interested anymore on that position. I see that they will be posting that position again this month on the USAJOBS and I am curious to know the salary steps for this position, it says that the starting salary for GS5 is $31,944, is that salary just for the academy? I'm just trying to figure out if I should apply again or if I should stay where I am. Thank you in advanced for your help.

Comment

• Has anyone run into problems with their drug screen or heard of this happening? I just received another call from health services requesting a pre-employment screening and because it has the 48 hour time limit, I know from experience its a drug screen. The problem is that I just recently had this done and I'm currently waiting for "the call".

NO.... I don't do drugs and I've been associated with random drug testing employment for years and have never had an issue. I'm assuming I'm having to do this over again because something went wrong. I will say that the day of the screening, I did not perform up to par and it was pretty embarrassing because the nurse handing and receiving the cup was gorgeous!! What I'm getting at is that I was given a cup with a fill line and I did not even come close. She kinda giggled, dumped the sample and told me to start drinking water and that I couldn't leave till it's done properly. I felt as if I just experienced an episode of ED. Anyway, after chugging a lot of water and an hour of waiting, I easily filled that cup and could have probably filled 10 more. Was this the problem? After doing some research, I see that low creatinine in urine will make a analyzing a drug screen difficult. I'm just grateful that I'm getting to do this over again and wasn't just thrown out of this process.

Now you folks know, don't drink too much water prior to this screening or your process might be stalled a bit. Assuming this is what went wrong of course. I'll keep you posted. Good luck to all.
      Last edited by CZ_Kid; 04-21-2015, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• CBP officer

CZ_Kid you're correct. Too much water is no good.

I have mine tomorrow, how long should I expect the process to be? I'm leaving work early and wish I could come back to finish some other work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Pisan917; 04-21-2015, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
          CZ_Kid you're correct. Too much water is no good.

I have mine tomorrow, how long should I spect the process to be? I'm leaving work early and wish I could come back to finish some other work.

I would have been in and out in 20 minutes had I performed. They send out the samples to a lab so there is no waiting around on your part. Good luck.

Comment

• Cool. Thanks!

Comment

• Does anyone know if the VRA announcement would take you out of the process for the normal announcement?
              Geo: Reapplied to El Paso under 15-2
              Tested: 6/2/2014
              NOR: 7/14/14 (98)
              Tentative Select: 8/2/14
              Medical: 8/26/14 green check 12/9/14
              PFT1: 9/3/14 green check 9/11/14
              VBT & SI: 9/24/14 green check 9/30/14
              Polygraph: 12/9/14 passed, waiting on QC
              Sit down with BI: 01/2015
              Background finished: 02/2015
              Background Cleared: CASS Referred for scheduling 3/5/2015
              Drug Test: Scheduled for 3/5/2015
              Provisional Clearance: 8/7/2015
              The Call:
              EOD:

Comment

• Out of the blue I was contacted to schedule my polygraph exam!! It will be on Monday April 27 in Newark. Wish me luck...I know that's all these depend on...
                CBPO 14-3 Central East Coast Region

Applied 10/3/14
                Exam 12/6/14
                NOR 1/12/15 (Passed, 90)
                TS 1/23/15
                Medical/PFT1 3/12/15 (Passed PFT)
                TSL Packet Received 3/20/15 Submitted 3/25/15
                VBT/SI 4/6/15 (Passed)
                TSL "In security office" 4/8/15
                Polygraph Inconclusive 4/27/15
                Second Polygraph awaiting the wrath (or mercy!) of QC 5/27/15
                Removed from consideration due to "unfavorable polygraph" 7/9/15

Comment

• Got the call! Deferred for 30 days because of previous plans that cannot be changed. SU is ok with it.

I was going to join the June 11th class. But now will go to the July class I guess!

Very happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                    Got the call! Deferred for 30 days because of previous plans that cannot be changed. SU is ok with it.

I was going to join the June 11th class. But now will go to the July class I guess!

Very happy!

Congrats! I was approved for the same thing, they are understanding and friendly. I think I'll be with you in July, just have to wait for call when I get back home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiernyc View Post
                      Out of the blue I was contacted to schedule my polygraph exam!! It will be on Monday April 27 in Newark. Wish me luck...I know that's all these depend on...
                      Good luck

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                      09/21/14 Written exam
                      11/18/14 Notice of TS
                      11/21/14 TSL packet received
                      12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                      01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                      02/25/15 poly (JFK)
                      03/20/15 email to schedule 2nd poly
                      04/08/15 2nd poly (waiting on results)

Comment

• Hello all. I recently passed my PFT2. My EOD date is May 4th 2015 at San Francisco International airport. Does anyone on here know a decent priced place to stay for 30 days? Thanks. (By the way, this is my first post) I will take any info that anyone can offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reno305 View Post
                          Hello all. I recently passed my PFT2. My EOD date is May 4th 2015 at San Francisco International airport. Does anyone on here know a decent priced place to stay for 30 days? Thanks. (By the way, this is my first post) I will take any info that anyone can offer.
                          I would recommend a Homewood suites type place if it's only for a month. It has kitchen and everything you need

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                            I would recommend a Homewood suites type place if it's only for a month. It has kitchen and everything you need
                            This is pretty scary. I myself have been looking at these places in the areas I might end up and I'm finding $80.00 to $125.00 a night. x30 nights, no bueno!! I guess an option would be a roommate to split the cost.

Comment

• Good morning,

I took my polygraph on 4/8/15 and am applying for the southwest region. This morning I saw cass updated my pre employment forms from pending to saying they have been recieved. I'm still waiting on polygraph results, would this be any indicator of a decision in regards to my polygraph?

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                                This is pretty scary. I myself have been looking at these places in the areas I might end up and I'm finding $80.00 to $125.00 a night. x30 nights, no bueno!! I guess an option would be a roommate to split the cost.
                                Yes, or use Air Bnb but I wouldn't prefer that for this situation

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12398 users online. 458 members and 11940 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X