Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My CASS under medical exam says "Your medical has been sent to our Medical Review Office for determination. We normally receive a determination approximately four weeks after your exam date."

This was updated about four weeks ago, but my medical exam was 02/05. I understand everyone's process is different but this is very confusing/frustrating for me. Could this mean they may want to schedule a second medical exam?

Comment

• CBP officer

Got called to schedule my drug test! Easiest part of the process.

Poly taken 2 months ago. Bi started 7 weeks ago, happy that is finally over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
        I'm currently paid on the GL payscale. When I started , I was a 5-1, then the year after that 6-2, then after that 7-3 then a 7-4. Once you hit step 4, you receive an increase every 2 years. I can't remember which steps take 3 years to obtain after that but you get the picture. From what I'm seeing with GS scale, you are started off as a 5-1, 7-1, 9-1, 11-1 then 12-1. Not sure if I'm totally accurate but I know you don't increase the same way I mentioned I did in the GL spectrum. thanks for any input.
        05/01
        07/01
        09/01
        11/01
        12/01
        12/02
        12/03
        12/04
        12/04
        12/05
        12/05
        12/06
        12/06
        12/07
        12/07
        12/07
        12/08
        12/08
        12/08
        12/09
        12/09
        12/09
        12/10

With GS-12/10 being the salary for each year additional.

That's assuming no changes, such as journeyman upgrades, downgrades, promotions or whatnot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post

Congrats. Met with my BI exactly 3 weeks after poly exam. Patiently waiting to get the call as well

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            05/01
            07/01
            09/01
            11/01
            12/01
            12/02
            12/03
            12/04
            12/04
            12/05
            12/05
            12/06
            12/06
            12/07
            12/07
            12/07
            12/08
            12/08
            12/08
            12/09
            12/09
            12/09
            12/10

With GS-12/10 being the salary for each year additional.

That's assuming no changes, such as journeyman upgrades, downgrades, promotions or whatnot.
            Thanks for that info. I qualified for a grade 7. Hopefully they can match my current federal pay

Comment

• Anyone have advice as to how things are on the SWB? I'm thinking about maybe switching my region. Are there lots of overtime? How are the working schedules? Does there seem to be opportunities for promotion there? And is it easy to transfer out or are you pretty much stuck there once you get in?

Comment

• Now that Miss Amitious asks that question, what happens if you are the poly or after poly stage, lets say background for example, and you reapply to change region and fail the test. Would that disqualify you not only for that application but for the one in advanced stages?

Never thought about it. Anybody knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
                  How long have you been in the process and what region are you applying to? Also who reached out to who? (IA to you or you to IA?)
                  I initially apply Nov. 2013, but didn't officially start the hiring process till March 2014, though I had already tested by this point (03/2014), but according to MHS, 03/2014 was when I started the process. I chose the Central East Coast region, but considering I live in NC, I think I should have chosen the southeast region...haha. Kinda unsure if i should change it at this point or just suck it up, haha. I was contacted by IA regarding a mistake I made on my initial paperwork, so I had to correct it, but then I asked her (IA) how much time left am I looking at because its reaching the year mark (This Thursday). Thats when she advised me that I should expect something in a week or two because she had just recently send my packet with a favorable determination (she told me that last Tuesday).

Its been a journey; however, I'm thankful for this opportunity for sure. How about you?

Comment

Keep me posted for sure because it seems like you and I are neck and neck with this process, haha. Probably going to be in the same class..

Comment

Now that Miss Amitious asks that question, what happens if you are the poly or after poly stage, lets say background for example, and you reapply to change region and fail the test. Would that disqualify you not only for that application but for the one in advanced stages?

Never thought about it. Anybody knows?

Well, if it's within a year you won't have to take the exam again, and lots of your application would still be vaild, but your previous application would go void if you reapply for another region. There is no such thing as going through the process with two open applications.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConanPhipsi176 View Post
                        I initially apply Nov. 2013, but didn't officially start the hiring process till March 2014, though I had already tested by this point (03/2014), but according to MHS, 03/2014 was when I started the process. I chose the Central East Coast region, but considering I live in NC, I think I should have chosen the southeast region...haha. Kinda unsure if i should change it at this point or just suck it up, haha. I was contacted by IA regarding a mistake I made on my initial paperwork, so I had to correct it, but then I asked her (IA) how much time left am I looking at because its reaching the year mark (This Thursday). Thats when she advised me that I should expect something in a week or two because she had just recently send my packet with a favorable determination (she told me that last Tuesday).

Its been a journey; however, I'm thankful for this opportunity for sure. How about you?
                        As of now I have recently wrapped up my BI interview and all my contacts and employers etc were contacted (case was submitted for final review 4/10/15). Checked my credit on 4/15/15 and sure enough cbp did a soft pull on it. Slowly but surely the ball is rolling.

Comment

• Can any current CBPOs or recent graduates PM me regarding uniform policy, ie which uniforms are worn in what circumstances? Also heard a rumor that exterior ballistic vests can be worn instead of the undergarment version? Just looking for clarification.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ski181 View Post
                            Can any current CBPOs or recent graduates PM me regarding uniform policy, ie which uniforms are worn in what circumstances? Also heard a rumor that exterior ballistic vests can be worn instead of the undergarment version? Just looking for clarification.
                            There are essentially four meaningful uniform classes to the average CBPO.

Class one:
                            formal, Ike jacket, campaign hat, used for funerals, graduations, honor guard, etc.

Class two:
                            semi-formal, essentially class one uniform without Ike jacket and campaign hat. Mostly used in the airport environment.

Class three:
                            Rough duty, similar to class two but made from sturdier materials. Typical standard uniform for most applications.

Class four:
                            BDU, extreme rough duty. Cloth badges, cloth nameplates. Cargo pants. Used within the cargo environments. Mostly within seaports and land border ports.

That's a rough outline.

External vest carriers are an option for some within the class four environment.

Comment

• Quite a good feeling to wake up to CASS saying "You have been referred to the scheduling unit."

Comment

Quite a good feeling to wake up to CASS saying "You have been referred to the scheduling unit."
                                Pisan917, congrats!
                                My BI just completed my background over the weekend. Now will patiently wait for my cass to say that too lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7226 users online. 224 members and 7002 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X