300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YoungCBPOApplicant View Post
    My background is not completed and I go to Academy in 2 days. They make it noted that the job offer is only contigent based on the completion of your background. Depends on if the BI has their stuff together and doesnt miss anything. My BI is still calling me to complete stuff.
    How long after your ft2 you started pre academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
      How come some people are receiving offers while there background investigation is pending while others are not :/
      Needs of the service?

Usually when the agency has training seats available at FLETC and no BI fully cleared people to fill those seats the agency will issue provisional clearances rather than let those seats go unfilled.

Location demand, FLETC seat availability, B I difficulties...probably the three main reasons why a provisional clearance is unneeded/unissued.

Comment

• I keep on seeing things on here about "The Call", and an "Email final offer", and I was wondering if I can speak theoretically on here for a moment and someone correct me if I'm wrong...

I'm 14-2, West Coast, and can not express in words how fast they have bum rushed my BI and entire process. (I'm a federally contracted detention officer at ICE, so I already have a clearance etc. Maybe that helped? don't know. ) I take my Drug Test tomorrow which is nothing...and my BI told me that my file will be completed this week. (Since I already have a clearance and have been through the whole E-quip already I can't imagine anything in hell stopping me from being approved).

So let's say that I'm sitting at home and they call me. "Hello Mr. (Reason) we have the entire west coast open for you to choose whatever suits your needs and will tickle your fancy." So I respond by saying, "why thank you so much MHC. I'd like to work at SFO now that you mention it." So they say, "ok, your start date is blah blah... and you take your Physical Fitness 2 on so and so."

So I go and take my fitness 2 and obvious pass it because it's ridiculously easy and my grandpa can pass. They say, "ok, you start at SFO on this date..." Then before I start there they give me an email saying that I start there???

So I work for 30 days at SFO, and then after 30 days they send me to Fletc for training, and then whole time I'm there I know for a fact that I'm working at SFO... So when I'm done with training at Fletc I go back and start my long and wonderful career at SFO...

Is there anything in this process that I"m missing? I know I over simplified it, but is this kinda the flow and process?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Originally posted by hello_reason View Post
          I keep on seeing things on here about "The Call", and an "Email final offer", and I was wondering if I can speak theoretically on here for a moment and someone correct me if I'm wrong...

I'm 14-2, West Coast, and can not express in words how fast they have bum rushed my BI and entire process. (I'm a federally contracted detention officer at ICE, so I already have a clearance etc. Maybe that helped? don't know. ) I take my Drug Test tomorrow which is nothing...and my BI told me that my file will be completed this week. (Since I already have a clearance and have been through the whole E-quip already I can't imagine anything in hell stopping me from being approved).

So let's say that I'm sitting at home and they call me. "Hello Mr. (Reason) we have the entire west coast open for you to choose whatever suits your needs and will tickle your fancy." So I respond by saying, "why thank you so much MHC. I'd like to work at SFO now that you mention it." So they say, "ok, your start date is blah blah... and you take your Physical Fitness 2 on so and so."

So I go and take my fitness 2 and obvious pass it because it's ridiculously easy and my grandpa can pass. They say, "ok, you start at SFO on this date..." Then before I start there they give me an email saying that I start there???

So I work for 30 days at SFO, and then after 30 days they send me to Fletc for training, and then whole time I'm there I know for a fact that I'm working at SFO... So when I'm done with training at Fletc I go back and start my long and wonderful career at SFO...

Is there anything in this process that I"m missing? I know I over simplified it, but is this kinda the flow and process?

Thanks for the help.
          That is basically the jist of it. I don't think your previous position affected the speed, they have just been good fast. My BI had a week also.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
            How long after your ft2 you started pre academy?
            12 days, you should be able to see my timeline in my signature.
            CBPO: GS-5
            Geo: SW
            Tested: Sep '13
            NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
            Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
            Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
            Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
            The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
            BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
            EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

Comment

• Spoke with IA on Tuesday and was advised that my background investigation packet was recently submitted with a favorable determination and that I should hear something this coming week or the following week, after the final review is conducted. Hopefully all goes well and I receive an offer...I have a really good feeling about it...

Comment

• Originally posted by ConanPhipsi176 View Post
                Spoke with IA on Tuesday and was advised that my background investigation packet was recently submitted with a favorable determination and that I should hear something this coming week or the following week, after the final review is conducted. Hopefully all goes well and I receive an offer...I have a really good feeling about it...
                How long have you been in the process and what region are you applying to? Also who reached out to who? (IA to you or you to IA?)

Comment

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
                  What was your time frame between VBT and poly?
                  It was about 4 months.

Comment

• The new announcement 15-2 oppened just for veterans... For genereal public opens April 27

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• How often do these national reassignment opportunities get offered with so many locations available? When was the last one posted? What are the odds of someone actually getting resigned to somewhere like Tampa or Honolulu as offered in the announcement? I've seen reassignments posted in the past, but for two or 3 location with just one opening for each.

Comment

• I just noticed there is actually two. One with 264 locations and another listed as (Enforcement) with 81 possible locations. What's difference when "Enforcement" is involved?
                        Last edited by CZ_Kid; 04-20-2015, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                          How often do these national reassignment opportunities get offered with so many locations available? When was the last one posted? What are the odds of someone actually getting resigned to somewhere like Tampa or Honolulu as offered in the announcement? I've seen reassignments posted in the past, but for two or 3 location with just one opening for each.
                          These have opened each year around this time since 2012.

The odds of moving I expect are highly dependent on circumstances and location. Some people move, others don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                            I just noticed there is actually two. One with 264 locations and another listed as (Enforcement) with 81 possible locations. What's difference when "Enforcement" is involved?
                            CBP Enforcement Officers are a group of a few hundred people. They're basically a holdover from the INS days when INS needed several hundred Inspectors to do enforcement and investigation work. ...creating a handful of positions that qualified as "LEO" 6C/12D covered. This was long before everyone received coverage in 2008.

I don't believe they have hired any new CBPO-Es in years and I'm unsure of the position's future.

It's a separate job in a handful of ports, hence the separate announcement and limited port options.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              CBP Enforcement Officers are a group of a few hundred people. They're basically a holdover from the INS days when INS needed several hundred Inspectors to do enforcement and investigation work. ...creating a handful of positions that qualified as "LEO" 6C/12D covered. This was long before everyone received coverage in 2008.

I don't believe they have hired any new CBPO-Es in years and I'm unsure of the position's future.

It's a separate job in a handful of ports, hence the separate announcement and limited port options.
                              Well explained. Thank you.

Comment

• I'm currently paid on the GL payscale. When I started , I was a 5-1, then the year after that 6-2, then after that 7-3 then a 7-4. Once you hit step 4, you receive an increase every 2 years. I can't remember which steps take 3 years to obtain after that but you get the picture. From what I'm seeing with GS scale, you are started off as a 5-1, 7-1, 9-1, 11-1 then 12-1. Not sure if I'm totally accurate but I know you don't increase the same way I mentioned I did in the GL spectrum. thanks for any input.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9311 users online. 465 members and 8846 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X