Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've met with my BI twice now, but was referred to scheduling unit and actually received the call. I told them (MHC) I would rather have my background completed before I accept the offer, to which they were fine with. The last time I met with my BI, he had some questions concerning my previous employer dates to which I answered.

I guess the only concern that I have, is that a previous sales job told one of my BI'S that I was "terminated" which was not the case. I was moving from California to Colorado and gave them a 3 week notice so I could train up the guy who would be taking my position. (Manager of sales for a fitness club) Well 2 days before the end of the pay period, they told me I was ok and not to come in. Turned out they didnt pay me my commissions for that pay period and processed me as a termination. (pretty crappy thing to do) Anyways he asked me about the "termination" which I then told him what had occurred.

I ended up taking unemployment as they decided not to pay me out my bonus after staying to help train my replacement. I had the same issue arise with my local Sheriff Department that I currently work for, but they understood. I am hoping this is not an issue that will decide my file.

Any suggestions would help.

Also last question. Can new officers work overtime? I would be taking a giant pay cut for this position and would need to make up for it with OT. Does anyone know if that is allowed?
    Last edited by rysewitsky; 04-18-2015, 04:45 AM. Reason: had a question

Comment

• Originally posted by rysewitsky View Post
      I've met with my BI twice now, but was referred to scheduling unit and actually received the call. I told them (MHC) I would rather have my background completed before I accept the offer, to which they were fine with. The last time I met with my BI, he had some questions concerning my previous employer dates to which I answered.

I guess the only concern that I have, is that a previous sales job told one of my BI'S that I was "terminated" which was not the case. I was moving from California to Colorado and gave them a 3 week notice so I could train up the guy who would be taking my position. (Manager of sales for a fitness club) Well 2 days before the end of the pay period, they told me I was ok and not to come in. Turned out they didnt pay me my commissions for that pay period and processed me as a termination. (pretty crappy thing to do) Anyways he asked me about the "termination" which I then told him what had occurred.

I ended up taking unemployment as they decided not to pay me out my bonus after staying to help train my replacement. I had the same issue arise with my local Sheriff Department that I currently work for, but they understood. I am hoping this is not an issue that will decide my file.

Any suggestions would help.

Also last question. Can new officers work overtime? I would be taking a giant pay cut for this position and would need to make up for it with OT. Does anyone know if that is allowed?
      I've heard that after fletc, you have to complete 37 weeks of training which gives you weekdays on and weekends off. Not sure if they will allow a rookie to work OT with that being said.

Comment

• Originally posted by JKWolfe View Post
        I applied for MIDWEST and live in Texas understandably there are probably a lot of candidates from Texas... I took my VBT/SI in Houston one of the largest cities in Texas and it was only me and one other guy ha 3 people didn't even show up! What about you Pastelon what region did you apply for?
        I'm also from Texas and applied for Midwest 14-2. I took my poly last year in May and passed. I was told my results would be forwarded to PSD for review. So, I shouldn't have to take it again. We'll see how that goes and if it helps speed the process. I'm still waiting on my qualifications on CASS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissAmitious View Post
          I'm also from Texas and applied for Midwest 14-2. I took my poly last year in May and passed. I was told my results would be forwarded to PSD for review. So, I shouldn't have to take it again. We'll see how that goes and if it helps speed the process. I'm still waiting on my qualifications on CASS.
          You still haven't hear back about your results ? When did you take your poly ?

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
          09/21/14 Written exam
          11/18/14 Notice of TS
          11/21/14 TSL packet received
          12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
          01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
          02/25/15 poly (JFK)
          03/20/15 email to schedule 2nd poly
          04/08/15 2nd poly (waiting on results)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
            Good luck! How is your pre-academy going?
            Pretty good. A lot of computer work and just learning the basic info about the port and operations.
            CBPO: GS-5
            Geo: SW
            Tested: Sep '13
            NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
            Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
            Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
            Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
            The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
            BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
            EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

Comment

• Originally posted by YoungCBPOApplicant View Post
              Pretty good. A lot of computer work and just learning the basic info about the port and operations.
              How long is the pre-academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                13-1 Northeast here.. my background was sent to final determination last Friday. Waiting patiently and training everyday!
                Congrats im in the same boat, mine went in Wednesday and im also a 13-1 applied for the SWB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• How come some people are receiving offers while there background investigation is pending while others are not :/

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
                    How come some people are receiving offers while there background investigation is pending while others are not :/
                    Depends on the region I think . plus I don't think there is set rule when it comes to that depending on the need/ background... It is all about supply and demand ...

Comment

• 2 more weeks until my VBT and interview. I am excited and nervous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                        You still haven't hear back about your results ? When did you take your poly ?

09/21/14 Written exam
                        11/18/14 Notice of TS
                        12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                        01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                        02/25/15 poly (JFK)
                        I got my results. I passed the poly. I was told during my poly in May that I passed, and later emailed IA to find out if I offically did and they said yes. My results from May 2014 are being forwarded to my BI. My poly was for the 14-1 announcement but I dropped out little after and now my results are being applied to the 14-3 announcement I'm currently in.

Comment

I got my results. I passed the poly. I was told during my poly in May that I passed, and later emailed IA to find out if I offically did and they said yes. My results from May 2014 are being forwarded to my BI. My poly was for the 14-1 announcement but I dropped out little after and now my results are being applied to the 14-3 announcement I'm currently in.
                          What was your time frame between VBT and poly?

Comment

Oh ok. I was confused for a second. Congrats.

09/21/14 Written exam
                            11/18/14 Notice of TS
                            12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                            01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                            02/25/15 poly (JFK)

Comment

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
                              How long is the pre-academy?
                              Up to 30 days, mine is 25 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
                                How come some people are receiving offers while there background investigation is pending while others are not :/
                                My background is not completed and I go to Academy in 2 days. They make it noted that the job offer is only contigent based on the completion of your background. Depends on if the BI has their stuff together and doesnt miss anything. My BI is still calling me to complete stuff.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8645 users online. 458 members and 8187 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X