Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If you have your EOD, then most likely you will be going before the end of the year, but be-aware that there are a few holidays coming up. Either they will have you burn AL before of after the holiday or you get stuck at FLETC doing...well...you are stuck there.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
      If you have your EOD, then most likely you will be going before the end of the year, but be-aware that there are a few holidays coming up. Either they will have you burn AL before of after the holiday or you get stuck at FLETC doing...well...you are stuck there.
      never heard of that..most likely he (US Pres) gives u the day before or after on him. Either way it still sucks because ur still in FLETC.

      I was in Fletc in 01 and thats what Bush did.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by freeagent305 View Post
        never heard of that..most likely he (US Pres) gives u the day before or after on him. Either way it still sucks because ur still in FLETC.

        I was in Fletc in 01 and thats what Bush did.
        From what I can gather it's only happened so many times, and not every year. To be really honest, I could care less if I'm at FLETC on a holiday. I've been ready to go for months now, and if it means me spending a holiday around a dorm room or what not, I can deal. It makes it easier when I don't have a wife and kids though, to be fair.
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

        "And you are kinda intoxicated."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sap123 View Post
          From what I can gather it's only happened so many times, and not every year. To be really honest, I could care less if I'm at FLETC on a holiday. I've been ready to go for months now, and if it means me spending a holiday around a dorm room or what not, I can deal. It makes it easier when I don't have a wife and kids though, to be fair.
          true...man the way things are with the economy, i dont care if I have to camp outside and hunt for food while am @ FLETC..

          Comment


          • CASS hotline states that my drug test has been scheduled. Do they usually mail you a letter or call?
            CBPO- Hawaii
            Written: 07/31/08
            TO: 09/23/08
            Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
            Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
            Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
            Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
            VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
            BI: Completed (2/19/09)
            Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
            Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

            IEA
            TO: 11/4/08

            Comment


            • Got the call yesterday! I start Nov 10th in SFO. Then Dec. 9th I leave for FLETC. Anyone else start then? Let me know! And thanks for all the help on here!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by freeagent305 View Post
                true...man the way things are with the economy, i dont care if I have to camp outside and hunt for food while am @ FLETC..
                Seriously. Especially with the way the economy is going and the way the presidential candidates are talking about trying to shape up the federal budget, I hope that it doesn't mean moving money out of the ether that is for DHS. The chances of that happening are slim to none, but I'm not looking to find out the hard way. I just wanna get hired.

                Got the call yesterday! I start Nov 10th in SFO. Then Dec. 9th I leave for FLETC. Anyone else start then? Let me know! And thanks for all the help on here!
                Congratulations! I'll be at SFO on the 13th for the VBT, so maybe we will unknowingly pass each other. Good luck at FLETC!
                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

                "And you are kinda intoxicated."

                Comment


                • do they schedule your vbt, physical, medical, and all that stuff AFTER you send in all your pre employment forms?

                  Comment


                  • In Response to Sap123
                    This is an interesting link, just want to hear some comments.

                    http://www.nelsondems.org/obamavmcca...ndsecurity.doc

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
                      do they schedule your vbt, physical, medical, and all that stuff AFTER you send in all your pre employment forms?
                      This is usually the case because they want to make sure you are still interested in the position before they waste time scheduling you.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MAVERIK View Post
                        In Response to Sap123
                        This is an interesting link, just want to hear some comments.

                        http://www.nelsondems.org/obamavmcca...ndsecurity.doc
                        I think I'd just like to point out that bringing in a side of politics to this thread is kind of a bad idea. I didn't mean to post what I said to have it degenerate into a "which candidate will be better for us" kind of discussion (and I know you meant no ill intentions, I don't mean this directed at you specifically), but I think it would be an interesting discussion if someone were to start a "which candidate is best for our chances" type of thread. So if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to move any discussion like this to PMs. Deal?
                        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

                        "And you are kinda intoxicated."

                        Comment


                        • I have my medical and fitness tests scheduled for next week. How long are these tests? Do I need to take the day off of work or can it be done in an hour or so?
                          CBPO
                          TESTED: 8/21 Pharr, TX
                          NOR: 8/25 - 90 (NO VET)
                          GEO PREFERENCE - East, TX
                          CASS: 9/23
                          TO: 9/23
                          MEDICAL & FITNESS: 10/27
                          VBT: 11/7
                          BI:CLEARED
                          MEDICAL:PENDING DUE TO LASIK:1/9/09
                          LASIK POST-OP MAILED IN:4/12/09
                          MEDICAL: CLEARED
                          TSU: 5/1/09

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                            I think I'd just like to point out that bringing in a side of politics to this thread is kind of a bad idea. I didn't mean to post what I said to have it degenerate into a "which candidate will be better for us" kind of discussion (and I know you meant no ill intentions, I don't mean this directed at you specifically), but I think it would be an interesting discussion if someone were to start a "which candidate is best for our chances" type of thread. So if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to move any discussion like this to PMs. Deal?
                            Sap123:

                            By no means am I trying to start a political debate between candidates. This is just some food for thought.

                            As this is a forum for current and future Homeland Security officers I believe this election can directly affect us in the future. Having facts on candidate policies would be helpful to make an informative decision.

                            Comment


                            • Does any one know where I can find a list of everything they teach in FLETC? I am trying to figure out if they do EVOC?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by nasapso234 View Post
                                Does any one know where I can find a list of everything they teach in FLETC? I am trying to figure out if they do EVOC?
                                Taken from the CASS FAQ's:

                                For more information on the training, please visit the web site at http://www.fletc.gov/cotp.pdf

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4489 users online. 231 members and 4258 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X