300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
    I think what they are talking about is if something unfavorable is found in a BI even after you get that offer. Even if you are at the academy. Don't forget that 1 year probation either. There is very little that can save you from even the slightest screw up if still on probation and someone wants you washed-out.
    What he asked me is what is the difference in receiving an email or a call giving you a EOD. keep in mind at this point pft2 has not been taken yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
      What he asked me is what is the difference in receiving an email or a call giving you a EOD. keep in mind at this point pft2 has not been taken yet.
      I know if someone doesn't pass the pft they are out. Basically just interested in why you both really wanted email as in maybe it had important information or something. Don't freak out guys haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
        Hope you get a re-test mike
        Thank you.
        Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
        08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
        09/13/14 Written exam
        10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
        1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
        2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
        2/6/15 Background Released to IA
        2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
        4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
        4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
          Thank you.
          Pm mike
          Geo- Florida
          CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
          NOR- 98 10/25/13
          Qual- GS 7
          TSL- 2/28/14
          PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
          VBT/SI- 5/9/14
          VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
          BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
          BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
          BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
            I know if someone doesn't pass the pft they are out. Basically just interested in why you both really wanted email as in maybe it had important information or something. Don't freak out guys haha
            No freaking out here. I'm in regardless as I EOD'd years ago. Just waiting to EOD again and providing what little help I may. I need a new set of uniforms anyways as mine are worn out, faded and kinda stinky. Oh yah, and I love academies.

Comment

• Hey any of the experienced guys know how the process is for the North East? I selected the NE by mistake instead of Central East. I see that Central East actually goes really fast, anybody has an idea?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
                Just got back in from running. I'm going to have to do this 3 x's a week. I ran 1.86 miles which included hills bumps and rough terrain. Cleared it in exactly 17min, so I'm going to stick to this course and do what I did today and should be fine. I mixed it with running and speed walking (1 lap straight running next lap speed walking etc). I really hope doing this routine helps me to become faster and less winded lol
                Nice. I think I'm going to attempt to job one and walk one. Instead of randomly speeding and stopping to catch my breath.

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                09/21/14 Written exam
                11/18/14 Notice of TS
                11/21/14 TSL packet received
                12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                02/25/15 poly (JFK)
                03/20/15 email to schedule 2nd poly
                04/08/15 2nd poly (waiting on results)

Comment

• Originally posted by DConn View Post
                  I finally got the call on Friday with an offer of employment (Northwest Border) and anticipated EOD of 5/4/15 so I would start at FLETC in early June. They gave me the choice of any post from Washington to Minnesota except Idaho. I was not expecting so many choices and now I'm not sure which to choose. Does anyone have experience working in the Northwest Border, specifically Montana or North Dakota, or even Tacoma, WA? Any suggestions on which post/port of entry is stable, meaning not as likely to get moved around, and easier for family to visit? I'm also waiting to hear from the medical team to give me the final clearance because I had a recent worker's comp claim.

Thanks.
                  I've worked in both ND and MT.

Virtually no port anywhere will move you around...if by that you mean relocating you to somewhere else within the country. Some ports will have you work multiple locations within a "reasonable" commuting distance...subject to the collective bargaining rules.

Now, there is the odd port that closes down, reduces hours due to a lack of traffic, flights, or whatever but that's a major rarity. I can think of a handful of examples in the last few years, affecting maybe 50 people at most.

I'm not sure what you mean by having family visit easily. If you mean a port that is close to a "major" airport...well, most ports in need of people will be those ports on the Canadian border...and most "major" cities in ND and MT lie a fair distance away from the border. Expect your company to have to drive a bit to see you.

Comment

• I am going to talk to my Police Academy training Sgt. Tomorrow about up coming interview date with CBP. I am going to be honest and will ask them to work with me. If not I am going to take the VBT and interview matter what. I worked so hard to get here. My weakness was my English, I studied days and days to pass the test. I just can not miss this opportunity.

Comment

• Pinarsu do not lose your current academy to gamble with our famous polygraph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                        Pinarsu do not lose your current academy to gamble with our famous polygraph.

I understand and will going to try to work with them. There is no way that I can reschedule my VBT and interview to an other day. I have classes everyday. So I have to talk to them to get that day off. If I do not and just go to my interview will not look good. Being honest is the key for everything.

Comment

• I agree with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
                            I understand and will going to try to work with them. There is no way that I can reschedule my VBT and interview to an other day. I have classes everyday. So I have to talk to them to get that day off. If I do not and just go to my interview will not look good. Being honest is the key for everything.
                            Do you think they will give u the day off for an interview to ANOTHER possible job?

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                            09/21/14 Written exam
                            11/18/14 Notice of TS
                            11/21/14 TSL packet received
                            12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                            01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                            02/25/15 poly (JFK)
                            03/20/15 email to schedule 2nd poly
                            04/08/15 2nd poly (waiting on results)

Comment

• Checked CASS this morning and my background check is finally completed, all i have left is my drug test that im about to do in the next hour. Anyone know how long this will take to clear and possibly get a call?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbudhu1 View Post
                                Checked CASS this morning and my background check is finally completed, all i have left is my drug test that im about to do in the next hour. Anyone know how long this will take to clear and possibly get a call?

No one here knows when they will call you. Everyone has different timelines. I got a call before BI and drug. Just have to wait.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4466 users online. 244 members and 4222 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X