300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DConn View Post
    I finally got the call on Friday with an offer of employment (Northwest Border) and anticipated EOD of 5/4/15 so I would start at FLETC in early June. They gave me the choice of any post from Washington to Minnesota except Idaho. I was not expecting so many choices and now I'm not sure which to choose. Does anyone have experience working in the Northwest Border, specifically Montana or North Dakota, or even Tacoma, WA? Any suggestions on which post/port of entry is stable, meaning not as likely to get moved around, and easier for family to visit? I'm also waiting to hear from the medical team to give me the final clearance because I had a recent worker's comp claim.

Thanks.
    Would this include any seaports in Washington? Actually, Tacoma looks like it is a seaport. I personally would like to work at a seaport if I had the option.
    Last edited by CZ_Kid; 04-14-2015, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• To the applicants that just passed, first off....congrats! Second, you are in for a long wait. There will be times that you forgot you applied for this job, and there will be times where it seems like its flying by. After I took my written, I didn't hear anything back for 3 months after my NORs. VERY SLOW and they kept me out of the loop. Now, I took my PT/Med/VBT/SI. I was told I would get my results for the VBT/SI in 3-4 weeks. I got my NORs for that 48 hours later. Just stay patient and enjoy the process.... (as hard as it is sometimes)

Comment

• Anyone from NY recently take the polygraph?

Comment

• Originally posted by Precious539 View Post
          Anyone from NY recently take the polygraph?
          What part of NY ? NYC ? I did in buffalo NY.

Comment

• Originally posted by abejjani View Post
            What part of NY ? NYC ? I did in buffalo NY.
            Sorry NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
              Would this include any seaports in Washington? Actually, Tacoma looks like it is a seaport. I personally would like to work at a seaport if I had the option.
              All they said was that all posts were available in those states so I assume it includes seaports. I don't really have a preference, just want to be somewhere I can find affordable housing not in the absolute middle of nowhere, but I don't mind it being a small town area, and where my family can visit easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by DConn View Post
                All they said was that all posts were available in those states so I assume it includes seaports. I don't really have a preference, just want to be somewhere I can find affordable housing not in the absolute middle of nowhere, but I don't mind it being a small town area, and where my family can visit easily.
                Are you a vet? You have Fort Lewis just south of Tacoma to take advantage of those vet perks. None the less, Tacoma would be my pick. You've got ocean, forests, parks, mountains, rivers and lakes all near by. As well as affordable living and plenty of options for your significant other to find work now or later down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Precious539 View Post
                  Anyone from NY recently take the polygraph?
                  I'm from NJ but took my first poly at JFK.

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                  09/21/14 Written exam
                  11/18/14 Notice of TS
                  11/21/14 TSL packet received
                  12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                  02/25/15 poly (JFK)
                  03/20/15 email to schedule 2nd poly
                  04/08/15 2nd poly (waiting on results)

Comment

• Received this information in an email today:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is currently hiring 2,000 Customs and Border Protection Officers (CBPO) by September 30, 2015. A CBPO entry-level job opportunity announcement will be open on USAJOBS from April 24 through May 11, 2015 or until 12,000 applications are received.

CBP’s Office of Human Resources Management (HRM) recruits for the CBPO positions using short-term vacancy announcements throughout the year. This provides candidates the opportunity to move through the hiring process quickly and efficiently, and facilitates hiring quality candidates to report to the Office of Field Operation Academy fully prepared to join the proud ranks of CBP Officers. Below is the schedule for the Job Announcements or CBP Officers and Border Patrol Agents that will be open throughout 2015.

CBP Job Announcements for 2015
                    U.S. Customs and Border Protection Officers April 24 ⎼ May 11
                    U.S. Border Patrol Agents May 22 – June 8
                    U.S. Customs and Border Protection Officers June 26 – July 13
                    U.S. Border Patrol Agents October 16 – November 2
                    U.S. Customs and Border Protection Officers November 27 – December 14

FB

Comment

• Does anybody know if CBP will grant admin days if you are relocating from across the country?

Comment

• Anyone from FL and Caribbean region been called for poly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ski181 View Post
                          Does anybody know if CBP will grant admin days if you are relocating from across the country?
                          You should get some time off after graduation. Maybe a week or so. Ideally, you should be scoping out areas you'd like to relocate to during your time at your POE during pre-academy. I'd suggest looking at rental properties for your first year and don't sell or move out of your current location (especially if you have family) until you are sure you will graduate. After you've spent some time on the job and are confident it's a job and location for you, then look at buying if it's something that interest you. Since you did your research prior to graduation, you or your significant other should be able to easily secure something for you just before graduation giving you more time to take care of everything else. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                            I ran yesterday and I'm devastated with my time [emoji57]. I wasn't going to share it here because of negative comments but oh well. I'm going to continue to run and improve. If anyone has any tips please share.

09/21/14 Written exam
                            11/18/14 Notice of TS
                            12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                            01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                            02/25/15 poly (JFK)
                            Hey, I used to run cross country in high school. One advice I can give you is to inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth. This technique really helps me control my breathing and run longer distance.. Good luck...

Comment

• Originally posted by nycqns123 View Post
                              Hey, I used to run cross country in high school. One advice I can give you is to inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth. This technique really helps me control my breathing and run longer distance.. Good luck...
                              Thanks so much. I tried that but I'd forget in the most of running and start breathing through my mouth really fast.

09/21/14 Written exam
                              11/18/14 Notice of TS
                              12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                              01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                              02/25/15 poly (JFK)

Comment

• Patiently waiting for this final offer email lol...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10429 users online. 318 members and 10111 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X