Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dkman View Post
    I downloaded that C5K app you all mentioned. I really like it. Hopefully it will get me prepared. Running is my weak point. My last 1.5 was 12:14 but that's really pushing hard.
    It is still very good. I do not like running. But I have to run.. I ran 4 miles today and 15 min. AMRAP. Now I feel like crap.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
      It is still very good. I do not like running. But I have to run.. I ran 4 miles today and 15 min. AMRAP. Now I feel like crap.
      That's really good. I dread this running stuff due to the fact it totally goes against the grain of me strength training. I have to eat more now so that I won't lose the muscle gains I've accomplished.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
        That's really good. I dread this running stuff due to the fact it totally goes against the grain of me strength training. I have to eat more now so that I won't lose the muscle gains I've accomplished.
        I can do crossfit all day long..as a female running will keep me in shape.. I hate it but I love it kind of

        Comment


        • I ran yesterday and I'm devastated with my time [emoji57]. I wasn't going to share it here because of negative comments but oh well. I'm going to continue to run and improve. If anyone has any tips please share.


          07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
          09/21/14 Written exam
          11/18/14 Notice of TS
          11/21/14 TSL packet received
          12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
          01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
          02/25/15 poly (JFK)
          03/20/15 email to schedule 2nd poly
          04/08/15 2nd poly (waiting on results)

          Comment


          • Steph is it cramping or stamina issues? If it's stamina I would suggest running in hills if you can, that way when you do it on flat ground, you will breeze through it

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
              Steph is it cramping or stamina issues? If it's stamina I would suggest running in hills if you can, that way when you do it on flat ground, you will breeze through it
              Not cramping at all just out of breath. I also didn't eat breakfast so I ran on an empty stomach. But still. I'll continue to push n run 2-3 times a week.


              07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
              09/21/14 Written exam
              11/18/14 Notice of TS
              11/21/14 TSL packet received
              12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
              01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
              02/25/15 poly (JFK)
              03/20/15 email to schedule 2nd poly
              04/08/15 2nd poly (waiting on results)

              Comment


              • When I first started my routine, I used the elliptical in place of running outside. Set it to a good level of resistance (14-17) and a slight incline and I've found it has really helped in terms of endurance building when the time came for me to start distance runs on the streets.

                Comment


                • Weequahic park is a good park In newark, a few good hills, I work in the area a couple of coworkers put me on, felt safe enough during the day, plus I had two people with me. Let me know if your interested in going sometimes.

                  Comment


                  • Well here I go again 3 yes later, got the call for the poly today, for later this week. Pray for me. a few of my coworker have been passing, I just can't understand stand why a few of them were scheduled in area close to me, but I have to travel over an hour away. Plus it's on my regular day of work. I am praying it goes a lot better this time around. A lot riding in it with a growing family. Anyone know if there's going to be a May or June academy? I know one step at a time, just curious since I have a baby due in july. Thanks GL all

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                      I ran yesterday and I'm devastated with my time [emoji57]. I wasn't going to share it here because of negative comments but oh well. I'm going to continue to run and improve. If anyone has any tips please share.


                      07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                      09/21/14 Written exam
                      11/18/14 Notice of TS
                      11/21/14 TSL packet received
                      12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                      01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                      02/25/15 poly (JFK)
                      03/20/15 email to schedule 2nd poly
                      04/08/15 2nd poly (waiting on results)

                      You'll need to drop your run time to under 17.25 minutes for the PFT2 and under 15 minutes for FLETC finals.

                      Anything beyond that is gravy. Being better fit makes ti easier to meet the standards and gives additional wiggle room in the case of injuries. Beyond that, it's all pretty much equal.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
                        Well here I go again 3 yes later, got the call for the poly today, for later this week. Pray for me. a few of my coworker have been passing, I just can't understand stand why a few of them were scheduled in area close to me, but I have to travel over an hour away. Plus it's on my regular day of work. I am praying it goes a lot better this time around. A lot riding in it with a growing family. Anyone know if there's going to be a May or June academy? I know one step at a time, just curious since I have a baby due in july. Thanks GL all
                        I haven't seen a class scheduled to begin in May. Many classes are scheduled to start in June. As well as multiple classes in July, August and September.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          You'll need to drop your run time to under 17.25 minutes for the PFT2 and under 15 minutes for FLETC finals.

                          Anything beyond that is gravy. Being better fit makes ti easier to meet the standards and gives additional wiggle room in the case of injuries. Beyond that, it's all pretty much equal.
                          Thought it was 17.15


                          07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                          09/21/14 Written exam
                          11/18/14 Notice of TS
                          11/21/14 TSL packet received
                          12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                          01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                          02/25/15 poly (JFK)
                          03/20/15 email to schedule 2nd poly
                          04/08/15 2nd poly (waiting on results)

                          Comment


                          • It is 17 minutes 15 sec which is 1/4 of a minute or 0.25 hence the 17.25 minutes....
                            Last edited by abejjani; 04-14-2015, 07:32 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                              Not cramping at all just out of breath. I also didn't eat breakfast so I ran on an empty stomach. But still. I'll continue to push n run 2-3 times a week.
                              Hills will help with this. Nothing better for building endurance that running hills. We did it in the police academy and it made a huge difference when running our long runs later on.
                              Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

                              07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                              08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                              09/13/14 Written exam
                              10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                              1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                              2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                              2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                              2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                              4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                              4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

                              Comment


                              • CBP Training & Post Selection

                                Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                I haven't seen a class scheduled to begin in May. Many classes are scheduled to start in June. As well as multiple classes in July, August and September.
                                I finally got the call on Friday with an offer of employment (Northwest Border) and anticipated EOD of 5/4/15 so I would start at FLETC in early June. They gave me the choice of any post from Washington to Minnesota except Idaho. I was not expecting so many choices and now I'm not sure which to choose. Does anyone have experience working in the Northwest Border, specifically Montana or North Dakota, or even Tacoma, WA? Any suggestions on which post/port of entry is stable, meaning not as likely to get moved around, and easier for family to visit? I'm also waiting to hear from the medical team to give me the final clearance because I had a recent worker's comp claim.

                                Thanks.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5074 users online. 241 members and 4833 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X