Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • At what point of the process the cbo rooks start making $$$


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • Depends on port and depends on whether or not you like your free time.

      Some ports give OT to the newer guys during training and some are real strict on the 8 hour shift. After the first year and completed with training, if you put in for OT, you'll make decent coin.

      Comment


      • For those who have taken their Poly, what was the time gap between completing your VBT/SI and being notified that your Poly had been scheduled? It's going on 7 weeks for me and I was told to expect to be contacted within 4 weeks.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CCSU2014 View Post
          For those who have taken their Poly, what was the time gap between completing your VBT/SI and being notified that your Poly had been scheduled? It's going on 7 weeks for me and I was told to expect to be contacted within 4 weeks.
          About 6 months for me with several cancellations. Good luck.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Abner Rios View Post
            At what point of the process the cbo rooks start making $$$


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            If you're looking for overtime, it may be there at some point...and it may not be there.
            Lots of ports see little overtime and limited availability of differentials.

            Budget based on base pay. If you're fortunate enough to get to a port that offers a significant and reliable income beyond base pay, you can readjust then.

            Comment


            • hey guys hope all is well. I'm down to the wire here & on my last step of the process. they questioned me about my marijuana use because I said once in January 2007 in my eqip and then approx. once or twice in January 2007-2010 (couldn't remember) during my poly and once or twice in January 2007 during my interview with BI. i guess I was just confused/trying to remember. it was nearly 8 years ago and I was a teen. any advice on how to handle this effectively.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                Has anyone used the track at river bank park in Newark. How many yards is it ? Anyone know. I tried searching it.


                07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                09/21/14 Written exam
                11/18/14 Notice of TS
                11/21/14 TSL packet received
                12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                02/25/15 poly (JFK)
                03/20/15 email to schedule 2nd poly
                04/08/15 2nd poly (waiting on results)

                I used the track at the overpack today. Its a 1/4 mile. 6 laps yo 1.5 miles and half lap to 220 yards.

                Comment


                • I guess this is just an excited / nervous post but since last Tuesday my CASS has said "Reffered to the scheduling unit" and I'm like most other people on here who are still in BI and progressing quickly. I've read a few people on here that got phone calls very quickly and I'm hoping I'm one of those that make it fast. Either way if they told me that I start the academy in the beginning of next year I'd still be happy knowing something for sure was taking place. I'm 14-2 West Coast... Has anyone else for that region or slot from here been called? and if not what are your guys thoughts on how long it might be. . . Again, I know this is just an excited itch of mine. Sorry. Ants in the pants.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by hello_reason View Post
                    I guess this is just an excited / nervous post but since last Tuesday my CASS has said "Reffered to the scheduling unit" and I'm like most other people on here who are still in BI and progressing quickly. I've read a few people on here that got phone calls very quickly and I'm hoping I'm one of those that make it fast. Either way if they told me that I start the academy in the beginning of next year I'd still be happy knowing something for sure was taking place. I'm 14-2 West Coast... Has anyone else for that region or slot from here been called? and if not what are your guys thoughts on how long it might be. . . Again, I know this is just an excited itch of mine. Sorry. Ants in the pants.
                    The only people who can answer that question are in Minnesota. You passed the hardest parts, congrats and just wait for it to come. It will. Some get a few days some a month or so. Only other advice would be make sure you have current info for all references, employers, landlords, etc to make it easier for BI.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CCSU2014 View Post
                      For those who have taken their Poly, what was the time gap between completing your VBT/SI and being notified that your Poly had been scheduled? It's going on 7 weeks for me and I was told to expect to be contacted within 4 weeks.
                      I took my VBT a week or so before you and got the poly call last week. It is scheduled for tomorrow. But, I am in FL, and combined with the regional difference, there are also case to case reasons which create vastly different timelines for everyone. Just be as patient as possible and always answer your phone.
                      Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

                      07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                      08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                      09/13/14 Written exam
                      10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                      1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                      2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                      2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                      2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                      4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                      4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dee53 View Post
                        hey guys hope all is well. I'm down to the wire here & on my last step of the process. they questioned me about my marijuana use because I said once in January 2007 in my eqip and then approx. once or twice in January 2007-2010 (couldn't remember) during my poly and once or twice in January 2007 during my interview with BI. i guess I was just confused/trying to remember. it was nearly 8 years ago and I was a teen. any advice on how to handle this effectively.
                        I had a situation similar to this during a polygraph for a local PD. Just be as open and truthful as possible. When you are strapped up, just know that you said everything you could and don't work yourself up over it. That is really all you can do. The rest is out of your hands at that point, and you can try to make peace with whatever the outcome is because you were completely truthful.
                        Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

                        07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                        08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                        09/13/14 Written exam
                        10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                        1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                        2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                        2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                        2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                        4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                        4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

                        Comment


                        • Question Answered
                          Last edited by Spudcommando; 05-14-2016, 02:56 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Recieved a call to schedule my drug test today, im hoping this means i get "the call" soon!


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Wow thats amazing you were running like a 7.5 min/mile. Trust me keep it up your doing great. I run at a 8 min to 8.5 min mile pace. I'm going to drop 10 lbs and see if I could bring my numbers down.

                              Comment


                              • I downloaded that C5K app you all mentioned. I really like it. Hopefully it will get me prepared. Running is my weak point. My last 1.5 was 12:14 but that's really pushing hard.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4753 users online. 217 members and 4536 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X