Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is it semi-safe to say that if you pass your poly you are good to go? I know I won't have issues with the drug screen or the PFT. My background is clean too, I really can't imagine there is anything that would DQ me. Obviously that is always something that can happen, but would I be able to say that I am pretty certain to get a job offer in the future if I pass the poly?
    Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

    07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
    08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
    09/13/14 Written exam
    10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
    1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
    2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
    2/6/15 Background Released to IA
    2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
    4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
    4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

    Comment


    • Originally posted by rysewitsky View Post
      Well I am hoping for a call, but I am also hoping until at least August to EOD. The department I am at now would make me pay back some money for cost of training and duty weapon ect... July 29 is my anniversary with the current department and would help me out quite a bit financially.

      GS5 will be pretty tough financially. Can anyone help me with the average salary in San Diego area/LAX (assuming that is what i am offered) I will be taking a decent pay cut, but know that in the long run it is worth it.

      Yes i Know with a year of Law Enforcement i should be a GS7, but they stated I would have to reapply. I was not working as a LEO when i applied hear almost 2 years ago.

      Thanks for the help!
      When they call you for your port selection, explain to them that you have two years of LEO experience now. If you articulate yourself well, I don't see why they wouldn't bump you to a 7.
      Originally posted by RGB28 View Post
      I'm hoping they have you run in the morning before it gets too hot and humid? ? ?
      It depends.
      If it's black flag conditions outside then you won't be doing any physical activities. As far as running, not all the fitness blocks are going to make you run. If you're working on your run, going to have to put in the work on your own time.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Shadowtrain View Post
        When they call you for your port selection, explain to them that you have two years of LEO experience now. If you articulate yourself well, I don't see why they wouldn't bump you to a 7.

        It depends.
        If it's black flag conditions outside then you won't be doing any physical activities. As far as running, not all the fitness blocks are going to make you run. If you're working on your run, going to have to put in the work on your own time.
        Ill do everything i can to try to get the 7. Really hoping they will give an August date. Doubt it though

        Comment


        • I wonder if the weapon you are issued by cbp, could you carry if you want for personal protection. Granted if stuff hits the fan you may not be backed by the agency as far as legal fees etc. I ask this because I'm already a federal leo and own a personal firearm. If I get the job, I am selling my personal to a local gun shop because I don't want to have the responsibility of having 2 weapons. 1 weapon in my household is good enough for me.

          Comment


          • [QUOTE=It depends.
            If it's black flag conditions outside then you won't be doing any physical activities. As far as running, not all the fitness blocks are going to make you run. If you're working on your run, going to have to put in the work on your own time.[/QUOTE]

            Just a warning..... If asked by a PT instructor if you see a black flag flying, respond with a.... NO SIR!!!!
            Last edited by CZ_Kid; 04-12-2015, 10:12 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
              I wonder if the weapon you are issued by cbp, could you carry if you want for personal protection. Granted if stuff hits the fan you may not be backed by the agency as far as legal fees etc. I ask this because I'm already a federal leo and own a personal firearm. If I get the job, I am selling my personal to a local gun shop because I don't want to have the responsibility of having 2 weapons. 1 weapon in my household is good enough for me.
              I'm guessing you are Federal LE with a daily pool issued weapon that you return daily????
              Last edited by CZ_Kid; 04-12-2015, 10:29 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                I'm guessing you are Federal LE with a daily pool issued weapon that you return daily????
                Nah, it's a personal weapon in which I went to a local gun shop and purchased on my own and not issued to me from my job.

                Comment


                • Has anyone used the track at river bank park in Newark. How many yards is it ? Anyone know. I tried searching it.


                  07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                  09/21/14 Written exam
                  11/18/14 Notice of TS
                  11/21/14 TSL packet received
                  12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                  02/25/15 poly (JFK)
                  03/20/15 email to schedule 2nd poly
                  04/08/15 2nd poly (waiting on results)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                    Has anyone used the track at river bank park in Newark. How many yards is it ? Anyone know. I tried searching it.


                    07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                    09/21/14 Written exam
                    11/18/14 Notice of TS
                    11/21/14 TSL packet received
                    12/17/14 PFT1/MED PASSED
                    01/06/15 VBT/SI PASSED
                    02/25/15 poly (JFK)
                    03/20/15 email to schedule 2nd poly
                    04/08/15 2nd poly (waiting on results)
                    Best advise for you. On your smart phone download a running app (mapmyrun , run keeper or nike running) . Walk around your track while the app is running and stop it after your first lap. From there you can figure out how many laps you would have to run in order to reach a mile and a half.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
                      Nah, it's a personal weapon in which I went to a local gun shop and purchased on my own and not issued to me from my job.
                      I know I don't follow up with all agencies but I would have assumed all Federal LE position would at least have pool firearms issued to their Officers/Agents. Even military civilian police and security have pool issued weapons while on duty. I guess if TSA and similar positions are considered Federal LE, I can see where I went wrong.

                      Anyway, you'll be granted great leniency as a Federal Officer with CBP on where you can carry your CBP personal issued firearm as long as you do so in a professional, safe and canceled manner. Your firearms instructors will go into great detail on all of this assuming everything goes smoothly for you. Good luck.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
                        I wonder if the weapon you are issued by cbp, could you carry if you want for personal protection. Granted if stuff hits the fan you may not be backed by the agency as far as legal fees etc. I ask this because I'm already a federal leo and own a personal firearm. If I get the job, I am selling my personal to a local gun shop because I don't want to have the responsibility of having 2 weapons. 1 weapon in my household is good enough for me.
                        You'll get hours worth of firearms training to include off - duty options while at the academy.

                        The short answer is yes, within policy. A lot of people also rely on state permits and LEOSA options for the most comprehensive coverage.

                        There are some distinct advantages in carrying a personally-owned weapon. If it's a viable avenue, I'd recommend holding on to the POW...at least until you have a firm grasp of CBP policy and whatever other options you might have.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          You'll get hours worth of firearms training to include off - duty options while at the academy.

                          The short answer is yes, within policy. A lot of people also rely on state permits and LEOSA options for the most comprehensive coverage.

                          There are some distinct advantages in carrying a personally-owned weapon. If it's a viable avenue, I'd recommend holding on to the POW...at least until you have a firm grasp of CBP policy and whatever other options you might have.
                          Concealed carry is good enough for me (I don't like to advertise at all) . From my understanding the firearm that you are issued with cbp is the hk p 2000. This may be a bit heavier than what I currently own. But hey I wouldn't mind. Wish they still had a contract with Sig Sauer. A novice can be a marksman with sigs dead on accuracy.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JKWolfe View Post
                            So it is sounding to me like it will be next summer before any 14-1 - 14-3 candidates will be any calls to head to FLETC since 13-1 are just now getting calls...
                            There are so many factors on when people get called. Location, background, etc etc. I was a 13-2 and was called last year. As long as you're progressing in the process you should be good. Before I left the academy they said they were trying to push a record number of classes through this year (30?). I can't imagine that many lol. At the peak in October of last year there were 13 classes of CBP. Added to all the other ATF, Secret Service, etc it was a mad house. Good luck!

                            Also, when I went in late August and into winter the hot/humid was very true although the bugs were non-existent. The water really does suck.

                            Again, good luck!
                            Geo: SWB
                            CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                            NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                            TSL - 01/31/14
                            Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                            VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                            BI - 03/15/14
                            Poly - 04/30/14
                            BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                            Drug Test - 06/26/14
                            The Call - 06/26/14
                            PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                            EOD - 07/14/14
                            Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
                              Concealed carry is good enough for me (I don't like to advertise at all) . From my understanding the firearm that you are issued with cbp is the hk p 2000. This may be a bit heavier than what I currently own. But hey I wouldn't mind. Wish they still had a contract with Sig Sauer. A novice can be a marksman with sigs dead on accuracy.
                              You work for ICE?


                              H&Ks are here for a while. There are 10 thousand plus of them in storage, never issued and new, awaiting new hires.

                              Personally, I'd rather go back to the G17.

                              Rumor had it a while back that the frontrunner replacement was the SW MP40.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                You work for ICE?


                                H&Ks are here for a while. There are 10 thousand plus of them in storage, never issued and new, awaiting new hires.

                                Personally, I'd rather go back to the G17.

                                Rumor had it a while back that the frontrunner replacement was the SW MP40.
                                I work for the BOP. I would love for them to issue the glocks but the lack of safety for new gun users could cause a problem for some lol. As far as sw M &P I absolutely hate that weapon lol.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8995 users online. 461 members and 8534 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X