300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by grullj View Post
    Since I am meeting my investigator tomorrow. Is there a certain dres code I should follow? Keep in mind he will be coming over my house.
    I was wearing a pair of jeans and long sleeve shirt(tacked out). I don't think he really paid attention on my attire and this guy was a retired NCIS. The interview was like a casual talk and lasted three hours. I have water and coffee ready which he really appreciated. Just make sure all pertinent documents related to your application are available and be tactful.
    Last edited by 2g2gn; 10-24-2008, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
      got a question, so im filling out all my pre employment forms and im confused as to whether or not i am supposed to sign where it says "appointee's signature" on the OF-306 Declaration for Federal Emploment form?
      I only signed where it says "Applicant Signature".

Comment

• Originally posted by 2g2gn View Post
        I only signed where it says "Applicant Signature".
        ok thats what i signed too. and another question. on the checklist for all the pre employment forms it says "you must complete a Resume; OF-612, or SF-171". does the OF-612 count as the resume or do i send in a separate resume of my own?

Comment

ok thats what i signed too. and another question. on the checklist for all the pre employment forms it says "you must complete a Resume; OF-612, or SF-171". does the OF-612 count as the resume or do i send in a separate resume of my own?
          I did not submit a separate resume but I used a continuation sheet(blank copier paper) in answering block 9 of section B & C of OF-612.

Comment

A BPA recruiter told me that you could attach one if you wanted to, you would just have to mark it appropriately as a continuation. I don't think attaching your own resume is mandatory.
            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• For those that are just scheduled for their VBT (just like me), does that mean we won't get to FLETC until next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                For those that are just scheduled for their VBT (just like me), does that mean we won't get to FLETC until next year?
                Not necessarily. One guy I work with received his TO in July and was on the job the beginning of November.
                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

For those that are just scheduled for their VBT (just like me), does that mean we won't get to FLETC until next year?
                  All depends on how fast you clear and the number of openings/slots at your location.

Comment

got a question, so im filling out all my pre employment forms and im confused as to whether or not i am supposed to sign where it says "appointee's signature" on the OF-306 Declaration for Federal Emploment form?
                    Yeah you just sign wherever applicant is listed. Appointee is the agency's representative.
                    Last edited by barnaj; 10-24-2008, 09:53 AM.

Comment

It also depends on the speed at which your BI gets done and your medical gets cleared and such. I don't want to sound like a pessimist or anything, but let me put it this way: All I have left for pre-employment is the VBT (which I have scheduled for mid Nov.) and I'd be super lucky to be at FLETC by the end of the year. There's a small chance I'll be at pre-academy or something, but still. My logic is that after the VBT it has to get graded, which could take a couple of weeks, and if I pass, it means my file going to TSU probably in early/mid december. Then after that, hopefully there's a slot for me somewhere. This is just me assuming everything goes real peachy and quick. Which is why I don't see myself EODing until next year.

Comment

• There are no more Basic Classes starting till after Jan.09.
                        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                          There are no more Basic Classes starting till after Jan.09.
                          EDIT: WHOA. Totally misread your post. Nevermind.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                            EDIT: WHOA. Totally misread your post. Nevermind.
                            FLETC tends to not start any Basic classes till after Jan. 09. If you have not gone as of today, Oct 24, most likely anorther class will not start until Jan. But there may be a few for CBP since they are pushing for new hires. Other agencies, not sure.
                            Last edited by irishlad2nv; 10-24-2008, 12:56 PM.
                            "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                              FLETC tends to not start any Basic classes till after Jan. 09. If you have not gone as of today, Oct 24, most likely anorther class will not start until Jan.
                              Yea that makes sense to me. Sorry, I misread your post as "There will be no classes after Jan. 09" And I almost had a stroke

Comment

• eod

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                                FLETC tends to not start any Basic classes till after Jan. 09. If you have not gone as of today, Oct 24, most likely anorther class will not start until Jan. But there may be a few for CBP since they are pushing for new hires. Other agencies, not sure.
                                I start on the 28th so maybe theres hope

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9319 users online. 479 members and 8840 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X